Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So come back in 40 yrs and we'll rate the MG, right now I'd never consider one. They don't give those cars away, so I can't see the upside. I have a feeling many MG owners will defend their purchase and tell us how wonderful they are. You get what you pay for.

Starting at 689,000 Baht? Where else can you buy a comparable SUV at that price?

every other SUV on the road in KKC is an MG ZS. . they have been around fo years now, and everyone reports loving them. If there is a bit of "owners will defend their purchase " doesn't that also apply to other vehicles or is this only an MG owner human reaction? 

We looked at it a few months ago when we bought a new car. For the money it was a great car. We were seriously considering buying the car but wife wanted a seven seater, In retrospect I wish we h did, since no one has ever sat on the third row, but perhaps when covid is over and we start traveling again three rows might come handy. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems you know nothing about MG, may I suggest you start looking from 1924...????

Yeah wow, started in the 20's, so they had plenty of time to get their cars sorted but alas... Nope they went bust.

SAIC MG  is going well though.

• Haha 1

All I can say to all you people still addicted to personal transport in ICE cars is "Wake up to Climate change"  Please.  Been proven since before the 70's.  In the 80's when President Bush brought it up the oil companies hired thousands more lobbyists, and hundreds of non-scientists but professional spokesmen to dispel the myth of the greenhouse effect of CO2 - caused by burning oil. 

Go EV   

As older and wiser members of society we need to set an example for the youth

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah wow, started in the 20's, so they had plenty of time to get their cars sorted but alas... Nope they went bust.

SAIC MG  is going well though.

Yep, you know nothing about Morris Garages history, but that's OK...????

Remember this, the Chinese had to buy a British brand name and history to sell their stuff, even the Ubion Jack, I wonder why.....????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeah I only know what is on wikipedia.

Lots of owners over the years, reeks of a shoddy company, Never would I have considered one of their cars given the ownership turnover, I would now that SAIC has turned the company around and now producing decent vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_Cars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

All I can say to all you people still addicted to personal transport in ICE cars is "Wake up to Climate change"  Please.  Been proven since before the 70's.  In the 80's when President Bush brought it up the oil companies hired thousands more lobbyists, and hundreds of non-scientists but professional spokesmen to dispel the myth of the greenhouse effect of CO2 - caused by burning oil. 

Go EV   

As older and wiser members of society we need to set an example for the youth

Sure go EV. Tell me how I charge it in my condo's parking garage where there are no chargers, and parking is first come first serve.  Even if there was a charging station some tool would park his/her car in the stall because it would be open.......now if it was assigned parking and the Juristic office would allow a charger to be placed into your stall, who would be paying for the power use as it would have to be wired separately to be charged to the stall owner.  Then add into the mix trying to drive cross country right now here in Thailand in an EV, god forbid you have to find a charging station or even a hotel that has one. Thailand is not yet ready for the EV world.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Lots of owners over the years, reeks of a shoddy company, Never would I have considered one of their cars given the ownership turnover, I would now that SAIC has turned the company around and now producing decent vehicles.

Are you now talking about the British Motor Corporation, who became British Leyland.....?  ????

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Remember this, the Chinese had to buy a British brand name and history to sell their stuff, even the Ubion Jack, I wonder why.....????

Don't think they bought MG to sell their inferior product line.  They bought the MG business, to ease the tax burden and selling of 'their' cars, though an established network.

Same as they assemble MGs here in Thailand, to avoid the import duty.  They do realize MG actually might mean something to some, so kept that for the ignorant loyal customers of the past.

Anyone with half a noodle in their head, knows the new MG is far superior than the previous <deleted>, and could be called Mao's Garage for all I care.

Looking at the old line up of past models, thankfully, it's been complete redesigned.  Wonder if the 'Brit Design' department in the UK is full of Brits, or Chinese developers.????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Looking at the old line up of past models, thankfully, it's been complete redesigned.  Wonder if the 'Brit Design' department in the UK is full of Brits, or Chinese developers.????

Given past history compared to the vehicles produced now, I think there is not too many Brits in that design centre !

• Like 1

Given past history compared to the vehicles produced now, I think there is not too many Brits in that design centre !

You seem to know nothing about nationalities of who actually designed BMC/BL cars either...????

Turkish/Greek and Italian come to mind....Time to catch up chum....????

Just now, transam said:

You seem to know nothing about nationalities of who actually designed BMC/BL cars either...????

Turkish/Greek and Italian come to mind....Time to catch up chum....????

The Brits were that bad they had to hire imports ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah the sad thing was with all large UK vehicle manufacturers the frailer as I saw it as in UK motorcycle history was management in all aspects of the Industry.

I guess people in UK years ago has bad experience with many different car ownership models.

My UK & abroad vehicles I've driven in my life is a book.   

I had many reliable cars and as in MG one the best cars I had was a MGB.GT.

Would of liked to have been able to own a MG.RV8.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Seems you know nothing about MG, may I suggest you start looking from 1924...????

Christ! you have to go that far back for a good British car? Were these good 1924 British cars petrol , or steam powered?????

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure go EV. Tell me how I charge it in my condo's parking garage where there are no chargers, and parking is first come first serve.  Even if there was a charging station some tool would park his/her car in the stall because it would be open.......now if it was assigned parking and the Juristic office would allow a charger to be placed into your stall, who would be paying for the power use as it would have to be wired separately to be charged to the stall owner.  Then add into the mix trying to drive cross country right now here in Thailand in an EV, god forbid you have to find a charging station or even a hotel that has one. Thailand is not yet ready for the EV world.

Buy a portable generator.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Christ! you have to go that far back for a good British car? Were these good 1924 British cars petrol , or steam powered?????

Back in the 20's they purchased parts from other companies and assembled them... Most likely those vehicles were half decent.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

No, Morris Garages used the MG badge for their race cars back then. Morris badge was used for the run a rounds...

The Chinese use the MG performance history in their advertising, a rip off...

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure go EV. Tell me how I charge it in my condo's parking garage where there are no chargers, and parking is first come first serve.  

I can see where that might be a bit problematic  ????

Depending how much driving you do, could easily pop over to one of the EV charging stations, that has a good coffee / pastry shop or food court, or even a mall (free) where you do shopping at (Gourmet/Tops/Villa/Big C/Lotus) and charge up while enjoy a munch or doing shopping. 

40 minutes and your topped up, if near empty.  Simple solutions to simple problems, abet, not the best vs plug in at home.

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Morris Garages is China State Owned... I reckon they might be Chinamen.

Happy to be correct though, If Iam wrong.

Yes, a bought name and history.

Tell me why you think they never offered their rides with a Chinese name and history...?...????

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Maybe thier ideas about the world in general are outdated. Look where you are posting, archaic thinking is hardly uncommon hereabouts.

Chinese industry is clearly capable of manufacturing technologically advanced products. What is this archaic thinking that typifies Chinese manufacturers?

6 minutes ago, transam said:

No, Morris Garages used the MG badge for their race cars back then. Morris badge was used for the run a rounds...

The Chinese use the MG performance history in their advertising, a rip off...

Surely people aren't dumb enough to believe any marketing ploy from any company.  When I bought my MG, I was not under the impression it would perform like a race car.

Although ... that Marvel X is looking pretty damn sporty.

• Like 2

Back in the 20's they purchased parts from other companies and assembled them... Most likely those vehicles were half decent.

A bit like Italian some sports cars using American engines eh....

Brough Superior motorcycles using J.A.P engines and another's suspension, worth a fortune now....???? 

• Like 1