Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

I am so lucky ! I have found the list of cheap charlies ????

so incredible that some people buy the cheapest "cars" on the market and almost pretend to be proud !

no wonder why people can be tamed so easily and inject anything they are told to do, when they can also buy the cheapest chinese cars available in the world and do not feel ashamed...

Sitting and driving an MG once in the life is enough for anybody who knows what is a real car, to understand that even free they should not be accepted by anyone with a face...

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, aeae said:

so incredible that some people buy the cheapest "cars" on the market and almost pretend to be proud !

no wonder why people can be tamed so easily and inject anything they are told to do, when they can also buy the cheapest chinese cars available in the world and do not feel ashamed...

Sitting and driving an MG once in the life is enough for anybody who knows what is a real car, to understand that even free they should not be accepted by anyone with a face...

English love supporting China 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:45 AM, London Lowf said:

In the sixties some people laughed at Japanese motorbikes, and then in the seventies Japanese cars.

China is taking over as the manufacturing hub of the world and there is nothing to stop it as, at the end of the day, people want cheap stuff - and it's not necessarily poor quality.

After this pandemic , China will cease to be be a power 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Montnoveau said:

That used to be true back in the 1950-60s. When the motoring magazines were full of consumer information like piston speeds etc. 

The down-sizing trend with smaller capacity turbo engines has now been around for 15 years. They're optimized for the work they're expected to do. I do not hear about any reliability issues.

Give it time. It stands to reason - work it harder, it will not last as long

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I would look pretty damn silly, buying a 7 psgr Fortuner, and then renting a 40 meter room to live in.  Who would that impress ?

The guy thinks that he will impress anyone with a fortuner that even poor farmers can buy ! hahaha

and he also think that he owns houses when he actually owns nothing, his wife does.

And you think that a 2MB house, not even enough for a correct car, also impress anyone ? your life must be sad...

thank you for the laugh ! 

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, aeae said:

yes !

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I would look pretty damn silly, buying a 7 psgr Fortuner, and then renting a 40 meter room to live in.  Who would that impress ?

That was at my condo when I lived in BKK. Very nice cars in the parking lot. I could see why not much was left over for the 7000 baht rooms. I imagine their rationale is that the car can be flaunted in the parking lot at work and about town, whereas the room cannot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I could see why not much was left over for the 7000 baht rooms.

One advantage to owning more car than you need or use, when you find out you can't make your rent / mortgage payment, you'll sleep more comfortably in that big ol' Fortuner than I can in the ZS.

Glad to hear the Chinese automotive quality has been improving. It certainly wasn't this good about 15 years ago. Look up the crash tests for the car company called Brilliance. They crushed like aluminum cans and got the lowest possible ratings, which made news around the world at the time. I remember the reaction at that time was like "Wow, the Chinese making cars? Should that even be possible, or allowed?" Haha.

While the Chinese certainly know how to keep the factories running to crank out product, they've been a bit lacking in designing said product. Thus, it appears the solution has been to rely on design from the outside, with foreign partnerships.

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Glad to hear the Chinese automotive quality has been improving. It certainly wasn't this good about 15 years ago. Look up the crash tests for the car company called Brilliance. They crushed like aluminum cans and got the lowest possible ratings, which made news around the world at the time. I remember the reaction at that time was like "Wow, the Chinese making cars? Should that even be possible, or allowed?" Haha.

While the Chinese certainly know how to keep the factories running to crank out product, they've been a bit lacking in designing said product. Thus, it appears the solution has been to rely on design from the outside, with foreign partnerships.

Over 4000 bookings made within 24 hours (and price is not released yet). Getting some very good reviews as well. The Chinese are leading the way in EV technology, regardless of what the moaners on TV are saying. https://www.headlightmag.com/first-impression-review-ora-good-cat/

• Like 1

Apart from MG. Great Wall Motor (GWM) Haval H6 SUV is currently the best selling car according to DLT statistics.

Soon to be released Ora Good Cat the first affordable sedan EV in Thailand. Watch it, it will selling like hot cakes.

Especially since it has received good reviews worldwide

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jim1000 said:

It seems a sacrilage forme  to buy a Chinese made MG  since my first car in 1972 was a  blue 1968 MG Midget . 

Apart from that , actually they do look nice . ! 

Snap I had a blue Midget - load of rubbish they were !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:13 PM, seedy said:

1.5 liter engines - They don't belong in cars, they belong in bikes

All those turbo charged mini motors - the reliability and long life will not be there.

Do to the simple fact that they are working much harder to produce the same TQ as a larger displacement engine.

And that will cost down the road

Materials and production methods have improved markedly, hence the transition to smaller engines. Turbo technology in particular. 

They will be just as long lasting as the larger capacity engines they replaced. 

MB are getting 421hp / 500 Nm out of their AMG 2.0L 4 cylinder with no reliability issues. 

• Thanks 2