A nightmare is unfolding.....

2 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Sorry, man. This truly sucks.

Not sure there is any remedy legally, through the police, that is.

However, there might be a civil lawsuit available to you.

I'd check with a good lawyer. Maybe you can sue for severe emotional distress.

Having said that, as you know, retribution is Thailand's middle name.

Now that we've got the "right way to do things" out of the way, if it were me, I'd leave town for a while, find someone from far away who can handle things for you while you stay in Bangkok on holiday.

Have that someone eat at the cafe, and some of his friends, too. Then take ipecac and vomit everywhere. Repeat daily with different customers. Go to the clinic. The news will spread fast.

The pig idea sounds great, but will surely bring retribution. This option cannot be connected to you.

Where does this moron think his customers are going to come from?

I visited the site last week and there were half a dozen older Thais sat about in the cafe.......they must be deaf, because the noise was tremendous.

• Like 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

I visited the site last week and there were half a dozen older Thais sat about in the cafe.......they must be deaf, because the noise was tremendous.

Probably his buds.

If it's in BF Egypt, on untraveled road, maybe he'll just go out of business in a month or two?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

It's a long shot but have you considered asking the abbot from you local Wat to intervene on your behalf?   

Good advice, but I sincerely doubt it will work, maybe it does hope so for the OP.

One reason why I think it will not work is you maybe know how the Thais love drinking and then a couple of hours killing the cat (that's what I call those guys singing Karaoke). 2-3 bottles of Lao Khao and you have a party!

Ps: It will be much worse during Rice Harvest (guys that look after the machines) and New Years!!

Sorry to be the bringing of bad news but we dealt with this for over 2 years and we finally gave up and Moved!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

Buy his land and the surrounding land, so you have a considerable buffer between your house and any of your neigbhours. Obviously you will be raked over the coals but it is one idea.

Yes told the wife to find out who owns what, with a view to buying the surrounding land and maybe his land as well .

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

How often is it loud surely it can't be all the time. 

I know what you mean.

If we came to an arrangement as to when and for how long we could maybe live with it......go shopping, go out......but what a farce!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

I feel for u - Possible for the wife to take a sound/video recording and you post it?  Just curious.

Maybe make the cafe owner a financial offer to relocate?  

Turned both of those over in my mind....cheers.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

offer to buy his business out,   who knows how much he will accept ... ?  500k - 1 mill

That's a sure fix if you can afford it. 

I can see it coming to that. 

Poor wife worked 14 years to save up for this dream house..........it truly is heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I can see it coming to that. 

Poor wife worked 14 years to save up for this dream house..........it truly is heartbreaking.

I feel so sorry about this.

For us was that my Wife could stay and live there, but I just went crazy there, and in the end we decided to move. I am still hopeful that one day we can return and I often ask the BIL is that guy still around :whistling:

Edit: The Main issue for my wife is that it is the village where she was born!

Edited by MJCM
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

I feel so sorry about this.

For us was that my Wife could stay and live there, but I just went crazy there, and in the end we decided to move. I am still hopeful that one day we can return and I often ask the BIL is that guy still around :whistling:

No way I could tolerate it, not in a million years,. I have already explained that to the wife.......and I can see it ultimately being the beginning of the end for our marriage.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wprime said:

Good idea, but the issue could be that the guy starts fixing it's own system and it sounds worse then before (crackling speakers etc etc) ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

No way I could tolerate it, not in a million years,. I have already explained that to the wife.......and I can see it ultimately being the beginning of the end for our marriage.

My wife stood by me during this time and she also agreed to move because the noise gets to you. (me in particular)

Even where we live now, the slightest "Kaboenk Kaboenk" (Bass) Noise I walk outside and try to hear where it's coming from but fortunately here it's a lot less quieter (Knock on wood :wai:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

My wife stood by me during this time and she also agreed to move because the noise gets to you. (me in particular)

Even where we live now, the slightest "Kaboenk Kaboenk" (Bass) Noise I walk outside and try to hear where it's coming from but fortunately here it's a lot less quieter (Knock on wood :wai:)

Like you, it is my wife's village!!!

And I am the same as you....bass note....what the....?

I pleaded with her not to buy property in Thailand for this very reason....over and over again....rent and we can move......but she wanted her own house, near the village (1km) and that was it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lodstewart said:

yup , curve the wall so that the cafe is inside the curve, that will reflect his own end noise back

Oke, question. How High should the wall then be? And would this work if the noise is coming from further away or should then the wall be xx meters high :whistling: