A nightmare is unfolding.....

If in Isaan then start a fish sauce factory with large fans blowing in a "convenient" direction? And add a weigh station for rubber latex if growing in the area. Plus use the weigh station for random purposes such as cassava crops and rice and other things that often involve all night noise of vehicles in queues !

Or?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaitom said:

Oh my ******* god ! A living nightmare.  There is absolutely nothing you can do.  If this happened to me I know i would end up in jail or go missing( Dead) . seriously.  At this very moment someone is using a chain saw and it is driving me nuts, but you can't say a damn thing. And there is nothing that will sound proof your house enough ! oh **** ! , I am getting angry for you. Hire some Burma to **** the guy. Probably about 50,000. B .

Good lord.  It's common around our village.  Really?  Do you live in Bangkok?  Then I can understand.

• Sad 1

omg.  that is a nightmare.  what if you built a stereo system 4 times bigger and point back at them?  or even better what i did in similar situation is i bought thier stereo system .  u can always resell it in another area and then they will have the nightmare.  is thier not a sound ordinance in thailand

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

This is not a joke - build a pig-sty up against the fence line and pack it to the gunnels with oinkers.  Tit-for-tat and a peaceful demonstration of your ability to fire broadsides if necessary.

Your on to somethin  ! If diplomacy doesn't work ,then fight fire with fire.

But first exhaust all diplomatic methods !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phetphet said:

If you are truly out in the sticks with rice fields all around, where does he think his customer base will come from?  Amazing. Building a cafe in the middle of nowhere. The things some people will do. No consideration.

Some of the most successful cafes, restaurants and coffee shops I've visited in Thailand were in the middle of the boondocks, or miles from anywhere on a lonely highway.  But they got good buzz on the interweb, so people traveled for miles to go there.  We'd be driving down some lonely road, and my friends would fire up their smartphones and insist we stop in 3.5 miles...  And the places were packed.  That's the nature of social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

It sounds as a good option, but may I say it's not.

Reason being, you are going against this man's lively-hood, he maybe went into debt to buy his Music System and if you go and buy a bigger ... system and you start putting it on will he stop? Maybe eventually as he goes broke but it could also end up as that this guy will be very vindictive towards the OP and his wife and I think then for example slashed tires are the least of their worries.

Remember the stories (read here almost on a daily basis) about a Thai getting into an argument about whatever (some minor issue) and someone got killed in the end!

Just saying of course

:wai:

I would have to agree.....we have so much more to lose when push comes to shove.

• Like 2

I have to cringe when I hear people ask how long does this occur during the day ! One minute of bass 10 is intolerable.

Start the verbal diplomacy trail and the govt official paper trail.

Record the noise often ! When meeting with govt officials have your wife tell them your depressed and bipola  and you can't sleep, seriously !

Nobody should have to put up with that ! 

Chock dee

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Building right up against your boundary makes me wonder if he has done it on purpose to drive you out.

Just starting wonder if that is his game......he makes a low offer on the house or we have to buy him out!!!!!!

• Like 1

If he is doing it, you can do it Will. It´s time to stop be good! Loud speaker system is not expensive in Thailand, but they sound like hell. I am pretty sure you can play speed and death metal for a month and he will pack up and leave. ????????????????????????

I mean, if his customers can´t drink a coffée in peace or hear what they are signing. As I say, same as he is doing to you.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

Get your own sound system and play some Jimi Hendrix full volume when they are playing karaoke.

Or as someone wrote on the 'What song makes you cry' thread........anything by Justine Bieber

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 2