A nightmare is unfolding.....

Just now, thaitom said:

Do you think a farang living in a rural village can actually say or do anything except keep their mouth shut ? please tell me , I can use some advice on how to deal with all these yaba , mentally ill , glue heads , i cant remember how many times the house and store has been robbed and other peoples homes also, that i am surrounded by on my soi. The police will do nothing, I have installed cameras all around seem to help a little. the way they deals with it is when caught people get to beat the <deleted> out of them and then life goes on till the next time.  there is a big difference between you living in a city and a rural village

And i could care less if you read this, and of course people like you would say what i write is false, try living among thais instead of living in your foreign bubble

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Who paid for the town water and PEA electricity supply to be bought to that location? 

AFAIK is that even if you paid for all the poles from the PEA to bring electricity to your land along side of a public road after a while the ownership of all these poles fall back to the pea/government even if you paid for all of them. (Of course I could be wrong about this).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You are incorrect. There are laws, even in out in the sticks villages.

If the village head does nothing then go to the local sub district office. They will take action. I'm speaking from experience.

I know you do ???? , but if the shop owner has permits (which was in our case) you can't do a lot (maybe other then suggest the other villages to support your case)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Do you think a farang living in a rural village can actually say or do anything except keep their mouth shut ? please tell me , I can use some advice on how to deal with all these yaba , mentally ill , glue heads , i cant remember how many times the house and store has been robbed and other peoples homes also, that i am surrounded by on my soi. The police will do nothing, I have installed cameras all around seem to help a little. the way they deals with it is when caught people get to beat the <deleted> out of them and then life goes on till the next time.  there is a big difference between you living in a city and a rural village

As I said. I speak from experience living in a rural village. 

It helps if your wife is made of stern stuff and will stand by you and your rights by law.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I know you do ???? , but if the shop owner has permits (which was in our case) you can't do a lot (maybe other then suggest the other villages to support your case)

There is no such thing as a permit to constantly play loud music. Permits are issued for entertainment zones with time restrictions. In a village the maximum time a permit will be issued is 7 days. There has to be proof that there is an event going on, such as an ordination or funeral.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MJCM said:

AFAIK is that even if you paid for all the poles from the PEA to bring electricity to your land along side of a public road after a while the ownership of all these poles fall back to the pea/government even if you paid for all of them. (Of course I could be wrong about this).

It is more about that now there is power there where there may not have been before. It is not about who owns the poles, as such

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

your only option is to buy another sound system, much stronger than his, and play

in full volume AC/DC "i shook her all night" until the neighbour gives up.

It sounds as a good option, but may I say it's not.

Reason being, you are going against this man's lively-hood, he maybe went into debt to buy his Music System and if you go and buy a bigger ... system and you start putting it on will he stop? Maybe eventually as he goes broke but it could also end up as that this guy will be very vindictive towards the OP and his wife and I think then for example slashed tires are the least of their worries.

Remember the stories (read here almost on a daily basis) about a Thai getting into an argument about whatever (some minor issue) and someone got killed in the end!

Just saying of course

:wai:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

your only option is to buy another sound system, much stronger than his, and play

in full volume AC/DC "i shook her all night" until the neighbour gives up.

The US Army flushed out Manual Noriega that was holed up in an Embassy compound by blasting heavy metal. 
I don’t know about you but that Whitney Houston song “I will always love you” or Celine Dion and that horrible Titanic song would make me surrender. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You NEVER should threaten a Thai anywhere and espacially not in the countryside. You will not only lose, it  might be really dangerous.

The only idea would be trying to buy him out.

Sometimes my GF forces me to visit her family in the middle of the nowhere. Forget the "quiet" rural life. At 05am the cocks start ther horrible noise, followed by public messages and "music" provided by the village mayor with a crazy overdriven terror sound system at 06am, ending late night when the last dumbhead turns off his ghettoblaster.

Each time I'm more than happy to be back in the quiet Pattaya after 2 or 3 days ????

Talking about the cocks start their horrible noise,  we used to lived (in Pattaya)  in a area where at approx 4-5am the Ladyboys would pass on their way home, I can honestly say their noise is more horrible then the cocks in the village :whistling:

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 2

And buy what we call in Northamptonshire a couple of 'bluddy grut dugs'? Scare the ### out of anybody who goes near. Put the kennel as near as possible to the bloody place. They won't like the noise either and neither will the customers like theirs!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Talking about the cocks start their horrible noise,  we used to lived (in Pattaya)  in a area where at approx 4-5am the Ladyboys would pass on their way home, I can honestly say their noise is more horrible then the cocks in the village :whistling:

Like fingernails on a chalkboard. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There is no such thing as a permit to constantly play loud music. Permits are issued for entertainment zones with time restrictions. In a village the maximum time a permit will be issued is 7 days. There has to be proof that there is an event going on, such as an ordination or funeral.

Tell that to the village all around Thailand, yes there is Law but how many people care about it. Thais just love their "Kaboenk Kaboek" (sound of bass). I have honestly seen people having conversations next to a loud speaker that were shaking the windows of our car!! They just don't ..... care!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

triple glazing may work ,try it

nah against BASS it doesn't! We removed our Windows (see a picture in a earlier post) and our "Demon Shop" was 200 meters away!!!!!

Against BASS I think only living in room under ground will work ????

• Like 1