Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

57 minutes ago, internationalism said:

"UPDATE (October 20th) The CCSA has not announced a final list of countries yet, and at the moment we advise to proceed with general Sandbox / AQ bookings until these new programs, and policies are finalized. As mentioned by the CCSA the existing Certificate of Entry (COE) applications will be honored in November (Thailand Pass is not yet required)."

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

Good Informationen.

Hold on a minute, both the Czar, and Anutin have said the new rules will be one night in a quarantine hotel, while awaiting the results of the PCR test. Were they lying again? Were they being insincere? Or has the policy not officially been adopted? More confusion and muddled messages? Say it ain't so!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alyx said:

As long as there is no record of any decision, made by the Government. in the Royal Gazette, all branches will still apply the current rules. 

Unlike eager/worried listeners and readers,  Embassies and other administration do not react to rumours and declarations made ( no comment on how they are made...)

I do not understand how people can blame the  concerned authorities (Embassies)

This is not a news

And most of it isn't newsworthy or worthy of discussion.

Yet, continue to go on about it.

it's a fact that you have to be quite intelligent to realise that you're stupid. But this bunch, over in Thailand, are just soooooo stupid they don't even understand that every move they make is now seen by the world outside. They still have the mindset that anything done or said in Thailand can only be seen by Thai people. Times have changed, but Thai awareness hasn't.

Capture.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing firm was announced yet.  Seems people are being kind of stupid at this point since there is no firm commitment as to what the new requirements are.  The embassies have no choice but to advise them on the current requirements.  

Correct 

3 hours ago, djayz said:

So only foreign travellers (might) have to quarantine. What about Thais entering the country? 

Exactly most here are not tourists. 

The govt. should allow Thai martinis and and those foreigners with PR to get in without quarantine. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly most here are not tourists. 

The govt. should allow Thai martinis and and those foreigners with PR to get in without quarantine. 

Rising Damp.....classic.

Been watching the whole series (again) just recently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hold on a minute, both the Czar, and Anutin have said the new rules will be one night in a quarantine hotel, while awaiting the results of the PCR test. Were they lying again? Were they being insincere? Or has the policy not officially been adopted? More confusion and muddled messages? Say it ain't so!

Yeah,,and the hotels really made it cheaper ..before about 30.000 bath for 2 weeks..NOW JUST 27.000 bath for a week.For  thais 17.000..Dual pricing as usual.In norway doesnt matter where  u from.Its the same price,I stayed in a quaranten hotel last march,,paid 34.000 bath for 15 days.When returned to norway i had to stay in quarantene hotel for a week.That cost me about 2000 thai bath a day.Incluted meals and more...was allowed to go anywhere all day.Took 2 PCR tests for free.

• Like 2

In fairness I don’t think they can say anything different until the lifting of restrictions is formally announced in the Royal Gazette, and they are given new direction from the powers that be.

Certainly frustrating for those wanting to book a winter break here. 

59 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

Look at what’s happening in the UK and Israel. Most hospitalised are now double jibby jabbed. Doesn’t seem to make much difference???

Obviously because because the majority of people are vaccinated and it doesn't protect 100%. 

Deaths are very limited in country where the majority of the people are vaccinated with no or very minimal restrictions. Huge difference. 

24 minutes ago, xr399 said:

This is the official U.S. Government NIH approval document for medications suitable for treatment of Covid-29 and all its variants.  Scroll down below the 1st approved medication Remdisavir and Ivermectin is the second approved medication. Adult recommended doses are clearly stated.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/

Fauchi has mandated that Remdisavir (at $2800 US for a 5 day treatment regimen) is the only treatment to be used on US hospitalized patients, but 50+% of patients over 60 treated with Remdisavir have died. 

Hospitals also get a $400 kickback for using Remdesivir over other approved treatments.

Ivermectin costs $140 US for a 5 day treatment, viral load is reduced 5000 fold after 2 days of use....  

Ivermectin is sold over the counter at many larger Thai pharmacies. Priced at about 1100 baht for a pack of 12 tablets of 6 mg each.

I'm nearly 75, stupidly fell for the vaccine lies before researching the adverse reactions like blood clots, blood vessel damage by spike proteins produced by the "shots", neurological disorders ect ect. I will not get my second shot of AZ.

I have family relatives and neighbours a few doors away that recovered at home with very few symptoms by using the Ivermectin plus Vitamin supplements, Zinc being the most important.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58170809

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Arrived in Phuket last month, swab taken outside airport.

Taxi to hotel, wait for two hours.

Test results in and I was free to roam Phuket.

There was a long line when getting off the plane to check all the paperwork so be sure to get a seat near the exit.

Seat 1A on first class should be good  right?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xr399 said:

This is the official U.S. Government NIH approval document for medications suitable for treatment of Covid-29 and all its variants.  Scroll down below the 1st approved medication Remdisavir and Ivermectin is the second approved medication. Adult recommended doses are clearly stated.

Fauchi has mandated that Remdisavir (at $2800 US for a 5 day treatment regimen) is the only treatment to be used on US hospitalized patients, but 50+% of patients over 60 treated with Remdisavir have died. 

Hospitals also get a $400 kickback for using Remdesivir over other approved treatments.

Ivermectin costs $140 US for a 5 day treatment, viral load is reduced 5000 fold after 2 days of use....  

Ivermectin is sold over the counter at many larger Thai pharmacies. Priced at about 1100 baht for a pack of 12 tablets of 6 mg each.

I'm nearly 75, stupidly fell for the vaccine lies before researching the adverse reactions like blood clots, blood vessel damage by spike proteins produced by the "shots", neurological disorders ect ect. I will not get my second shot of AZ.

I have family relatives and neighbours a few doors away that recovered at home with very few symptoms by using the Ivermectin plus Vitamin supplements, Zinc being the most important.

AZ is a lesser of evil.

MRNA what gets ne suspicious. I wouldnt put that fauci cocktail even if id have to.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing firm was announced yet.  Seems people are being kind of stupid at this point since there is no firm commitment as to what the new requirements are.  The embassies have no choice but to advise them on the current requirements.  

Yep. Jumping the whine gun!

58 minutes ago, xr399 said:

Bye.

56 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I find it very understandable.

You have to understand that the opening for Thailand is relevant mostly for tourist wanting to travel to Thailand. These tourist will have no idea what a "royal Gazette" is and frankly probably don't care.

The Prime Minister of the country announces it will re-open. Multiple news outlets (BBC/Reuters) report that Thailand will re-open, and the embassies of this particular country says nothing will change. 

Obviously confusion is reign and obviously people will blame representatives of that country. 

I understand your point but as a tourist I rely on the official position and replies from the Embassies whereas these same tourists read the announcement of the thinking in progress of some official, inaccurately or not,  relayed by the forums and the newspapers. Hence the fact that they cannot complain about conflicting reports.

I do reckon that all these waves are not healthy 

Given the latest covid stats from the UK , the uncommitted Thai statements , plan B in the UK being discussed , winter approaching in both countries ,    plus all the paraphernalia of the newly disguised C.o.E., possible quarantine in expensive hotels on return to the UK and not forgetting if you have a negative test on arrival to Thailand or if any other passenger on your flight tests negative , you could spend most of your holiday in a hospitel that you never  that you never booked . Too many risks for my liking .  Not to mention trying to get reimbursed for flight and hotel cancellations , nightmare .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This is similar, but 100x worse, to when they briefly lowered the quarantine period to 7 days.

Better to come up with a detailed, well thought-out plan, fully gazetted BEFORE announcing it.

I totally agree.  They announce what they hope to do and then a meeting to work out the nuts and bolts before publishing the decision in the Gazette.  Sadly, many people read the initial recommendations and think it has been passed as law.

• Like 2