Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

1 hour ago, candide said:

Recent information 

FB_IMG_1634830014129.jpg

doesn't say about prepayment for tests, just for hotel.

That is progress.

I would prefer to get into pattaya sandbox for some 4000b per week and have holiday on the beach, rather than paying 2k single to 3k double per night for bangkok hotel. Unfortunately, not yet any sha+ hotels in pattaya offered on agoda, which is my preferred booking site

Edited by internationalism

10 minutes ago, beeyonder said:

We need to pay PCR test before departure ? How does it work ?

I thought the cost of tests was included with the ASQ hotel booking? I know I had to pay the affiliated hospital separately when I made my reservation.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:49 AM, sandyf said:

Of course they do, the regulations are in place. If and when they change, deal with it.

I applied for my COE on 21st Sept, got the T shirt and have to live with it being the wrong size.

No they dont.. Currently overseas embassy's do not know how to issue a COE for arrivals past Nov 1.. They can only issue them accurately for immediate arrivals up to Oct 21. 

People do sometimes plan more than 9 days in advance ! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

No they dont.. Currently overseas embassy's do not know how to issue a COE for arrivals past Nov 1.. They can only issue them accurately for immediate arrivals up to Oct 21. 

People do sometimes plan more than 9 days in advance ! 

Usual deflection, change the context.

The statement I made was in respect of people making applications, nothing to do with embassies.

"Of course they do, the regulations are in place. If and when they change, deal with it."

Nothing to stop anyone making an application under the current regulations. If things go the same way as mine in September, the embassy will sit on it until the smoke clears.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Usual deflection, change the context.

The statement I made was in respect of people making applications, nothing to do with embassies.

"Of course they do, the regulations are in place. If and when they change, deal with it."

Nothing to stop anyone making an application under the current regulations. If things go the same way as mine in September, the embassy will sit on it until the smoke clears.

You do realize that people applying to come Nov 1st are having the applications rejected because the embassy says 'we dont know'. The COE was scrapped for all travel after Oct 31, the new system is not provided to them yet. 

So yes, absolutely there is something to stop people applying under the current regulations. 

• Like 1

Guest jonzboy
9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

You do realize that people applying to come Nov 1st are having the applications rejected because the embassy says 'we dont know'. The COE was scrapped for all travel after Oct 31, the new system is not provided to them yet. 

So yes, absolutely there is something to stop people applying under the current regulations. 

My COE was approved yesterday, arriving Thailand 4 November

15 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

All in the mind.

Not much different to the way things were changing when I went to the UK, other than the xenophobia.

• Confused 1

There is no clarity regarding SHA + hotels in Bangkok.

We must assume that there will be more arrivals and do the hotels/cooperating hospitals have the staffing&testing capacity to cope with larger numbers of tourists?

If current ASQ hotels are the only to be booked, I have a feeling that they will put prices up for 1 night and many will have to book 1 extra night, as I don't see how they can manage many PCR tests.

I keep an eye on The Bazaar Hotel.

Last year, 15 days for thai, 32500 THB

This year, 7 days, 21500 THB (<deleted>)

From 1 Nov, 1 night, most likely, 7000 THB.

I booked 1 night at Anantara in Bangkok,  21th December, little over 2200 THB, with breakfast.

They are not SHA+ though...Waiting to see whether I need to cancel.

And ATK after 6-7 days is totally irrelevant, for what?

If you get infected, it's not because you had it before, it will most likely be because of local contact.

Not even Greece or Spain, heavily dependent on tourism, treat travellers with such disrespect and see them literraly as ATM's.

I have not read any news about Spain Travel Agency or whatever commenting about foreigners, quality tourists, bringing zilions of euros.

2 hours ago, drenddy said:

ts?

So, as of now there are no SHA + hotels listed in Bangkok?  An SHA + hotel, not an ASQ hotel is required for the 7 day sandbox in Bangkok, right?

Guest jonzboy
5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is your quarantine listed on the COE, and if so how many days does it show.

Good question!!!  I now recall seeing others post a copy of their COE and it included a box indicating the minimum quarantine period.  So it's interesting that my COE has no such section.

3 hours ago, drenddy said:

We must assume that there will be more arrivals and do the hotels/cooperating hospitals have the staffing&testing capacity to cope with larger numbers of tourists?

If current ASQ hotels are the only to be booked, I have a feeling that they will put prices up for 1 night and many will have to book 1 extra night, as I don't see how they can manage many PCR tests.

I booked 1 night at Anantara in Bangkok,  21th December, little over 2200 THB, with breakfast.

If you get infected, it's not because you had it before, it will most likely be because of local contact.

Not even Greece or Spain, heavily dependent on tourism, treat travellers with such disrespect and see them literraly as ATM's.

I have not read any news about Spain Travel Agency or whatever commenting about foreigners, quality tourists, bringing zilions of euros.

I read you can "one day quarantine" anywhere within a two hour drive of the airport at which you landed?

Is that not correct?

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

All in the mind.

Not much different to the way things were changing when I went to the UK, other than the xenophobia.

Wildly incorrect.. at no time were you unable to book clearance to travel to the uk.. Rules were always announced at a set schedule with the implementation time and date. 

This situation, despite your claims to the contrary, means that people in some embassy jurisdictions simply can not book to travel as scheduled.. Theres an announced plan, with no way to book that plan. 

22 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Wildly incorrect.. at no time were you unable to book clearance to travel to the uk.. Rules were always announced at a set schedule with the implementation time and date. 

This situation, despite your claims to the contrary, means that people in some embassy jurisdictions simply can not book to travel as scheduled.. Theres an announced plan, with no way to book that plan. 

First statement is garbage.

As for the second, I applied for COE 3rd week September having booked and paid for 15 days quarantine. Application was suspended and I was notified of rejection once the changes had been made official on 30th Sept, I edited the application and had approval within the hour.

The changes were problematic and expensive but you deal with it, as grown ups do.

It may come as a surprise but whinging doesn't change anything.

My COE is approved and i have 7 day ASQ reservation, hotel named on COE.

Something "inside Me" tells me to keep it that way.

(I left Thailand a few days ago, return mid of November)

Yes i throw money out of the window, but as i live in Thailand, better be on the safe side. 

Agoda still no shows 1 day/Pcr packages anyway

Edited by Mentors65
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 4:21 AM, Will B Good said:

I read you can "one day quarantine" anywhere within a two hour drive of the airport at which you landed?

Is that not correct?

That does seem to be correct. Under the "no quarantine" program, a "quarantine exempt" person can do the one- to two-day quarantine within a two-hour drive of Bangkok.

Edited by JCP108
  • Thanks 1

A case in point about the confusion. A friend of mine who has a ticket for Dec first, booked room from the list of hotels. My wife after hearing me talk about some of the confusion I had been reading about, told his wife (Both Thai) to call the hotel about how they are supposed to get there from the airport. She was told that they would "NOT" be allowed to come until they got negative results at the airport. I wanted to return sometime in Dec but I am going to wait until at least Jan to see how this all works out.

• Confused 2

On 10/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, drenddy said:

Bottom line: more SHA+ hotels to accommodate 1 night quarantine are emerging every day.

19 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

My COE is approved and i have 7 day ASQ reservation, hotel named on COE.

Something "inside Me" tells me to keep it that way.

(I left Thailand a few days ago, return mid of November)

Yes i throw money out of the window, but as i live in Thailand, better be on the safe side. 

Agoda still no shows 1 day/Pcr packages anyway

1 day packages now begin to show up.

Contacted the hotel and i could made the change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

1 day packages now begin to show up.

Contacted the hotel and i could made the change.

Contacted my ASQ hotel and my booking was amended from seven days to one day. Received a revised confirmation letter and refund info also.

Of course, fat load of good this does me as I have still not received final approval on my COE application, and I need to travel in early November.

London is one of the embassys which will only process COEs for arrival up to end of month.. And have no option on offer for arrival in the early days of Nov. 

Arrivals for after a week into Nov can apply for Thailand pass on Nov 1st (allegedly).. But people in the changeover window in London are now sweating. 

USA and France seem to be happy to Issue COEs for the first 2 weeks Nov, based on one night stay. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

London is one of the embassys which will only process COEs for arrival up to end of month.. And have no option on offer for arrival in the early days of Nov. 

Arrivals for after a week into Nov can apply for Thailand pass on Nov 1st (allegedly).. But people in the changeover window in London are now sweating. 

USA and France seem to be happy to Issue COEs for the first 2 weeks Nov, based on one night stay. 

It’s a complete clusterF.

My wife and I are traveling together.

She has received her COE already - I have not (even though we both applied at the same time.)

To compound matters, I’m getting conflicting messages from the Thai Embassy in Washington D.C.: the webpage says the embassy will stop processing COE applications on November 1st, whereas a staffer my wife contacted via Line app indicated they’ve already stopped processing all COE applications.

Edited by fusion58
  • Sad 1