Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

4 hours ago, Polaky said:

I would not be surprised if they canned this reopening until next year, It certainly cannot be 1st November, nothing will be prepared in time, egg on his face again instead of the Pad Thai.

That'll be another flight, insurance and visa application down the toilet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing firm was announced yet.  Seems people are being kind of stupid at this point since there is no firm commitment as to what the new requirements are.  The embassies have no choice but to advise them on the current requirements.  

Correct, yesterday they said new rules in 2 or 3 days, embassy still working on old rules.Just a chance for the bashers to display their ignorance in full force

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Confusion reign supreme  in this country and not one, not even our esteemed know it all PM is hopeless when it come to finally take the finger out and make a decision that will be best for the country and WILL work for everyone...

No confusion whatsoever, the only confusion being generated is by a nobody at the Thai Enquirer who is named after a fish. Seriously everyone, relax and stop getting wound up, “Cod” is laughing at you all right now.

The country is opening up on the 1st November and will be made official at 23:59 on the 31st October, be patient and wait.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Talking is easy. But the organization and implementation is complex. The government is obsessed with controlling every single step every single tourist takes.

- Visa

- Hotel booking

- flight data

- Certificate of vaccination

- Insurance

- PCR tests

- TM8

- TM6

- Tracking apps

The whole thing was very staff-intensive for only 2 sandboxes (Phuket + Samui) and it worked halfway for a small number of "tourists". I think those responsible are gradually realizing that the current system cannot easily be scaled to a large number of tourists.

839004999_ScreenShot2021-10-16at1_41_59PM.png.48a47cc787321196f20dedf3ddd16236.png

Talking is easy. But the organization and implementation is complex. The government is obsessed with controlling every single step every single tourist takes.

- Visa

- Hotel booking

- flight data

- Certificate of vaccination

- Insurance

- PCR tests

- TM8

- TM6

- Tracking apps

The whole thing was very staff-intensive for only 2 sandboxes (Phuket + Samui) and it worked halfway for a small number of "tourists". I think those responsible are gradually realizing that the current system cannot easily be scaled to a large number of tourists.

839004999_ScreenShot2021-10-16at1_41_59PM.png.48a47cc787321196f20dedf3ddd16236.png

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

That's great except the numbers entering Phuket where pathetic.

They're talking about hopefully 200,000 hitting BKK daily.

Bit of a difference.

100k per day of foreigners were pre-covid and at all border crossings (including land and sea).

Yes, now some of those to be tested will be returning thai.

This year they expect 180k foreigners entering through airports, divided for the remaining 60 days to new year it's 3k per day (or less than 100k per month)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is Sparta "hold the line" seems to be what this Government is not good at doing as the line in the sand changes daily, weekly, monthly and even sometimes hourly, yet what is said and posted in the gazette takes weeks, months and longer to actually be implemented in other paces outside of the country......so as always clear as mud.

The line is drawn in the sand, trouble is like Pattaya the sand keeps shifting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing firm was announced yet.  Seems people are being kind of stupid at this point since there is no firm commitment as to what the new requirements are.  

Its hardly visitors who are being 'kind of stupid' when no one knows how to book for arrivals in 11 days time.. 

• Like 1

This is good news and will sort the wheat from the chaff. 

My 4th wife will be flying over with my grandkids over Christmas and will be residing in a suite at the Ananara Riverside. From what I gather they'll have a 'swab room' onsite. No issues. Only the broke sex-hunters have an issue with this process. 

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Ex Bar Owner, former DJ.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

What you both are doing here is telling a half-truth and taking news out of context. The numbers in Germany are still high and slightly increasing, but Germany has been largely opened, encouraging vaccinated people. The numbers in Russia are awful indeed, but you don't say why. The reason is that most people, particularly in Moscow are not vaccinated, as most Russians don't trust the available vaccine. 

Look at what’s happening in the UK and Israel. Most hospitalised are now double jibby jabbed. Doesn’t seem to make much difference???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RafPinto said:

And most Brits are vaccinated but infection rates going through the roof.

You omit to mention most of those infection rates are in younger age groups who have resisted being vaccinated and over-12s now back at school. The vaccination rollout in over-12s was delayed due to dithering from the advisory committee to the govt about whether kids needed to be vaccinated. 

Meanwhile, hospitalisations and deaths have remained fairly constant throughout. Bear in mind the UK method records a death for any reason within 28 days of a positive C19 in these figures and the kind of figures being recorded are what would be expected in a flu outbreak. The fact is that vaccines are preventing people from getting seriously ill and dying whilst allowing the UK and other countries to reopen. The death figures are also no doubt bolstered by people who failed to get cancer treatments etc. due to the country being locked down. 

Fact is, people visiting Thailand will have been vaccinated and tested before arrival. They bring less risk to the table than the local population. Open up and get on with it. 

As for me, I need to return to Thailand end of January until June for personal reasons. This constant dithering by Thai authorities will kill their reopening stone dead if they aren't careful. Rank amateurs. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Its hardly visitors who are being 'kind of stupid' when no one knows how to book for arrivals in 11 days time.. 

Of course they do, the regulations are in place. If and when they change, deal with it.

I applied for my COE on 21st Sept, got the T shirt and have to live with it being the wrong size.

• Haha 2

Still wondering how they want to guide incoming tourists at the airports?

And why they don't offer a PCR test right after arrival?

Barrow wrote something that you'll have to take a hotel limousine to the testing location.

Probably also the same from the airport to your hotel.

As of now, absolutely unclear procedure and just ten days left for 1st November.

Nightmare for incoming tourists I would say

7 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

Look at what’s happening in the UK and Israel. Most hospitalised are now double jibby jabbed. Doesn’t seem to make much difference???

Israel had a spike because they were one of the earliest countries to do the double vax programme, they have recently rolled out a 3rd injection booster and figures are now down again.  As for UK, see my comments - you are stretching the truth to suit your narrative about vaccines. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Haha 1

It might even be postponed to 1 Dec once the infection numbers start to climb again so it's better to have a wait-and-see attitude before booking.

Chiang Mai is having a Covid surge now.

Edited by EricTh

Just now, Jack Cook said:

OK. You can be right then. Re Israel their hospitals are filling with double vaxxed. Oh lets have a booster shall

we ????????????????????????

Where do you read your news - Daily Sport? Type in "Israel C19 cases" into google and look at the graph......

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This is similar, but 100x worse, to when they briefly lowered the quarantine period to 7 days.

Better to come up with a detailed, well thought-out plan, fully gazetted BEFORE announcing it.

Foresight,planning nor logical holistic thinking simply isn’t in their dna ???? . What clearly is though is the ‘Thick Gene'. .. ???? 

• Like 1