Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

46 minutes ago, Khun Yogi said:

The only real source you can trust is the Govt Gazette. If its not in there don't believe what you hear .

Relatively easy to access the official Govt PR/Royal Gazette site - quite available to the public. 

With a quick browse, I've found nothing certified or official decree relating to any of the recent mentions of what's been stated by particular politicians/ministers of the last several days. 

Probably why one will not find any such changes in policy by way of the assorted embassies/consulates as of yet. 

None of these proclamations have been decreed officially to date. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Do they even realize how absolutely stupid they look?

Well, either they don't, in which cse they are bigger morons than we thought, or they do but the "Thai perfect" ideology is so deeply ingrained nthey just don't care.

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Typical Thailand first talk than look and after that think....Several times I said that the PM is giving not correct information because he want to show the people that he is doing his best for the coiuntry and the people believe him, but outside the country they know better 

"Am I going mad or did the word think escape your lips!"   Think unemployed, in GREEENLAND, be your guide for the qualifications of these baffoons!

Consistent and expected another bet in the bank!  Not always true they say in the market past performance doesn't guarantee future returns but these leaders when they open their mouth and predict, promise 99% of the times you bet the opposite rarely does one loses!????

49 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I totally agree.  They announce what they hope to do and then a meeting to work out the nuts and bolts before publishing the decision in the Gazette.  Sadly, many people read the initial recommendations and think it has been passed as law.

Many are easily fooled within these circles, to be expected. 

Consider the source that are easily suckered in - 

I am 77 and I don't think I fell for any vaccine lies, though I did a bit of reading on the Internet about vaccines,

As a result I accepted the offer of 2 vaccinations of Pfizer from the Thai government, one in September and the second in October and they were absolutely free of charge.

The side effects were a bit of soreness for a day around the jab site.

Last week my 17 year old son had his first dose of Pfizer as did my neighbours 16 year old daughter. There side effects were the same as mine.

Edited by onthedarkside
response to hidden post removed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David T Pike said:

"Queries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were not immediately answered. It is unclear why a key communication delivered by the prime minister to the nation was not forwarded to foreign mission overseas."

<deleted>???

SOP...??

• Like 1

With the Uk seeing a spike and an emergency government meeting today with the scientific evidence that a 3rd wave is about to start, why  is Thailand nit shutting the doors to the UK this is reminiscent of the Wuhan crowd welcomed with open arms March19

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Almer said:

With the Uk seeing a spike and an emergency government meeting today with the scientific evidence that a 3rd wave is about to start, why  is Thailand nit shutting the doors to the UK this is reminiscent of the Wuhan crowd welcomed with open arms March19

Why should they? Everyone is tested. It's the same virus, it's already here and very widespread and everyone's vaccinated with the vaccines which definitely work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alyx said:

I understand your point but as a tourist I rely on the official position and replies from the Embassies whereas these same tourists read the announcement of the thinking in progress of some official, inaccurately or not,  relayed by the forums and the newspapers. Hence the fact that they cannot complain about conflicting reports.

I do reckon that all these waves are not healthy 

Imagine having to verify the claims of a Prime Minister through the "what's new" page of your local embassy ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Because the UK has a high vaccination rate and the vast majority of people in hospital are not vaccinated or elderly and frail.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Because the UK has a high vaccination rate and the vast majority of people in hospital are not vaccinated or elderly and frail.

The only thing similar to Wuhan is the complete lack of honesty and transparency as illustrated by posters like yourself.

Not correct.  44,370 new cases in the UK and yesterday 223 deaths.  Many people being admitted to hospital have already been vaccinated.  They are also from all age groups.  Booster jabs are being administered as fast as they can and hospitals are reporting that they are struggling already.  I very much doubt there will be another lockdown, but compulsory wearing of masks again is very likely.

7 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BP reporting swab hubs will be used outside the airport on arrival in BKK.

This is to avoid overcrowding.

These could be at hotels, hospitals etc.

Saying that tourists will have to stay one night at hotel to receive results.

So after my 2 flight, 20 hour trip, i can look forward to any amount of hastles.

Queuing, waiting for buses, carted off in the Bangkok traffic to somewhere else to get tested. then carted back again?

Am i allowed to travel freely to my destination in Thailand?

Can't wait for the YouTube videos of this circus.

Stay where you are then, better for all of us

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Not correct.  44,370 new cases in the UK and yesterday 223 deaths.  Many people being admitted to hospital have already been vaccinated.  They are also from all age groups.  Booster jabs are being administered as fast as they can and hospitals are reporting that they are struggling already.  I very much doubt there will be another lockdown, but compulsory wearing of masks again is very likely.

Quite right to, even many shop assistants  don’t wear a mask common since tells me it must help

7 hours ago, RafPinto said:

And most Brits are vaccinated but infection rates going through the roof.

Reflecting the relentless testing of school children. See the following:-

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/15october2021

The tables, about halfway down the article at 'Section 4. Age Analysis,' clearly show that by far the greatest increase in infections is in 'School Year 7 to 11'. They are largely unvaccinated but thankfully will be unlikely to be coming to Thailand. The  rises for the 4 groups ranging from 25 to 70+ are 0.6%, 1.2%, 0.8% & 0.6%; hardly the Black Death. 

Hmm, according to Google, here is what gazetted means:  "The Royal Thai Government Gazette, frequently abbreviated to Government Gazette (GG) or Royal Gazette (RG), is the public journal and newspaper of record of Thailand. Laws passed by the government generally come into force after publication in the GG. The Royal Thai Government Gazette is the first Thai-language newspaper to appear in the kingdom and is also one of the earliest newspapers in Asia that is still in publication. The Cabinet Secretariat, a department in the Office of the Prime Minister, is charged with printing the GG.

Ever hear the comic skit by Abbott & Costello:  "Who's on First"?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

OK so please show your evidence of exactly WHO is getting the virus and WHO is dying ? Is is the unvaxed ? the people refusing vaccination, the over 90's which is the most people dying from it, is it the obese and those with smoking related illnesses ? How many dying are healthy individuals. 

That's the issue isn't it. Nobody is giving us - and other countries - all the evidence it needs to make proper decisions.

UK had about 4500 deaths a month from covid, but only 1500 a month or so are extra uk deaths. Which I guess means 2/3rd would have died anyway. This puts it at 1 extra death per year per county every day - should every one of the 61 UK countys be locked up for 1 extra death a day ?

It's all nonsense,

And as said above double vaxed negative pcr are more at risk of bring the virus back than exporting

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

If they are serious about attracting the numbers required to invigorate important sectors in the Thai economy, therefore giving hope and the chance to work and earn money to the the millions of Thais utterly ruined now, then it's got to be simpler.

Choosing an arbitrary date (Nov 1st) and not providing clarity about the burden on potential visitors, therefore more endless speculation, means only one thing - no visitors and no relief to the millions of Thais who need money and hope, fast.

We al know transmission will ebb and flow, as this virus behaves like other similar flu type viruses. It's extraordinary that some are so fixated by this and yet ignore the personal responsibility to eat wisely and exercise regularly to boost personal immune responses to this and any other illness. Being unhealthy is being exposed to worse outcomes regardless with any illness.

I hope Thailand does open and I hope my hard working and peaceful Thai friends get their lives back as we hopefully transition into the more realistic realm of living with this virus to lesser or greater degrees just as we manage risk in every other part of life.

Having lived around SE Asia for most of the last 25+ years I hope these calm and peaceful countries reopen and those of us who are friends of these countries can travel again and contribute to the local economy where we travel, tip the kind staff at the hotels and restaurants and get some money back into a lot of empty pockets. 

Time for clarity and resolute aims to reopen in a way that is possible an desirable to the largest number possible of vaccinated and tested visitors. Ultimately the success on the reopening will depend on the practical sense of the rules.

• Like 1