Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

Must i book for an ASQ hotel for a week for Bangkok Sandbox ? (Fully vacinated, but i'm not from a low-risk country. So have to stay in Bangkok for a week before travelling somewhere else.)

Booking a SHA+ hotel package for 7 days is not possible ? I think it will be cheaper than an ASQ, as i don't need 3 meals etc. included.

Thank you for your help. 

On 10/26/2021 at 6:11 AM, mahsn said:

Must i book for an ASQ hotel for a week for Bangkok Sandbox ? (Fully vacinated, but i'm not from a low-risk country. So have to stay in Bangkok for a week before travelling somewhere else.)

Booking a SHA+ hotel package for 7 days is not possible ? I think it will be cheaper than an ASQ, as i don't need 3 meals etc. included.

Thank you for your help. 

I have not found any hotels in Bangkok that offer "sandbox"?  Have you?  I'm not sure that sandbox is  running in Bangkok yet.

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, thaiman said:

I have not found any hotels in Bangkok that offer "sandbox"?  Have you?  I'm not sure that sandbox is  running in Bangkok yet.

I decided to go with Phuket Sandbox as i can still make changes on my flight and it looks like it will be easier.

A bit of current feedback. Had to leave Thailand and pop to UK for  few days. Uploaded basic documents and applied for COE on the old website on Wednesday morning for arrival in Phuket. Pre approval received 3 hours later. I had already preempted and booked a flight from UK to Phuket about a month ago for 1st November. Went ahead and booked SHA + hotel and could do so for one night only. Hotel (4*) cost was Baht 1,000 and taxi from airport to Patong Baht 800. Then booked my arrival Covid test on the Thailand Pass website. Cost Baht 2,400. Uploaded balance of documents Wednesday pm and COE received a few hours ago (Friday pm).

No tracking app, only MorChana app needed.

I guess this is similar to what can be expected with the upcoming Thailand pass system. Let's see.....

Edited by Rhacsyn
Spell
  • Like 1

I wonder if you arrive in BKK under the "no quarantine" plan and go to your quarantine hotel on your first day...if you don't get your test results back by checkout time, do they charge you their regular rate for the second day? Or, will they charge you another $6k same as the first day?

I have a friend wanting to return.  He booked an AQ on Agoda confirming they will transport and test at his hotel.

He then got an email and they requested a mini COE:

Photo of passport

Photo of vaccines

Photo of insurance confirmation

Photo of flight information

He was then told it would take them 48 hours to send him a hotel confirmation certificate that he could use on Thailand pass app.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

They say: quarantine-free, but it's not - 1 day in reality!

A typical misinformation of the military government.

Another example: They say our orders are only for your health/protection against the covid virus. The reality: many, many of their orders are made to MAKE MONEY (for the riches).

More examples:

• look at the headline of this thread: 1 day "quarantine" for the foreigners = falangs are forced to pay for the covid losses of the Thai hotel owners.
  • BEFORE, quarantine-free moving was allowed only for "special" (hotels in) cities/provinces; Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Ko Samui, Hua Hin, Pattaya without considering the reality (danger) of the covid situation. Poor provinces have been missed (sorted out).
  • The falangs, including returning expats, had and have to show double covid vaccination .... ehm because of a danger for the Thai population. In reality: the danger of a covid infection doesn't and didn't come from the falangs, but from the Thais themselves. The vaccination rate in the foreign countries has been by far much, much higher than in Thailand, where the military dictator needed so much time to order the vaccines in foreign countries.
  • the military leader made big mistakes in handling the covid problem. The most serious one was in April 2020 allowing  the Thai people to return to their families for celebrating their songkran at home. Result: transporting the disease to the provinces and therafter back to Bangkok and the surrounding areas.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I have a friend wanting to return.  He booked an AQ on Agoda confirming they will transport and test at his hotel.

He then got an email and they requested a mini COE:

Photo of passport

Photo of vaccines

Photo of insurance confirmation

Photo of flight information

He was then told it would take them 48 hours to send him a hotel confirmation certificate that he could use on Thailand pass app.

Hotel wouldn't complete the booking before receiving flight information? Good thing the airline didn't refused to complete their booking before receiving hotel confirmation! Some of you will think I'm crazy for saying that. Those of you who have lived in Thailand for some time know I'm not.

I wonder if you arrive in BKK under the "no quarantine" plan and go to your quarantine hotel on your first day...if you don't get your test results back by checkout time, do they charge you their regular rate for the second day? Or, will they charge you another $6k same as the first day?

This is Thailand if they can find a way to get extra money out of you they WILL 4 SURE     THAILAND THE HUB OF CONS

• Like 1