Tourists looking to enter Thailand past November 1 still told to book quarantine accommodations

webfact

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

OK so please show your evidence of exactly WHO is getting the virus and WHO is dying ? Is is the unvaxed ? the people refusing vaccination, the over 90's which is the most people dying from it, is it the obese and those with smoking related illnesses ? How many dying are healthy individuals. 

That's the issue isn't it. Nobody is giving us - and other countries - all the evidence it needs to make proper decisions.

UK had about 4500 deaths a month from covid, but only 1500 a month or so are extra uk deaths. Which I guess means 2/3rd would have died anyway. This puts it at 1 extra death per year per county every day - should every one of the 61 UK countys be locked up for 1 extra death a day ?

It's all nonsense,

And as said above double vaxed negative pcr are more at risk of bring the virus back than exporting

Your wasting your time with another of the intellectual giants of the forum.

@Almar isn't interested in scientific facts it's beyond him.

He can't back up one claim he's making or post one legitimate link to substantiate it.

Pathetic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Quite right to, even many shop assistants  don’t wear a mask common since tells me it must help

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-19-vaccines-breaking-link-between-infection-and-illness-preventing-deaths-and-hospitalisations-data-sy-1148521/amp#aoh=16347409424757&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

If you can read English, read this.

Comprehend?

6 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

It`s all about the ****** ASQ Hotels and the government ,not the embassies!! The main problem is that many ASQ hotels are refusing to clarify about refunds, in case its down to 1day from 1.11. And this is a total NO GO!! Thats just pure greediness and sadly just the tip of the iceberg in the LOS (land of SCAMS). 

I am one of those flying during the 1st week of NOV but  100% won't book that 7days package until next Friday. Have no intention to throw away my money out of the window and run after a refund. 

I have a flight to Thailand departing November 2. If the Thailand Pass is not available in the next 7 days, rather than book ASQ for 7 days, I will change my departure date.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Reading the actual article shows this section:

"The government also estimated about 10,000 passengers per day would arrive in Don Mueang Airport during the first period of the reopening"

Talk about delusional.  And if it takes 25 minutes per person to be cleared then it appears that they can only clear 72 people a day......confusion reigns.

I couldn't be bothered to do the maths but iimagine the waiting when your dehydrated and exhausted after 18 hours travelling.

I think they are arguing behind the scenes about the final details.

• Thanks 1

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-sets-out-seven-conditions-for-foreign-arrivals-without-quarantine/

1. Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air.
  2. Have certificates to confirm that they have received two doses of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine.
  3. Have negative COVID-19 results from RT-PCR tests conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival in Thailand.
  4. Have a minimum of US$50,000 health insurance coverage.
  5. Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.
  6. Download and install a specified app upon arrival at the airport and undergo RT-PCR tests within 24 hours of arrival.
  7. Have negative test results before travelling domestically without quarantine.

The government’s policy of reopening the country to foreign travellers is based on three models.

The first is that arriving tourists, who are not fully inoculated, will be required to be isolated for 7 to 14 days depending on the case. The second is the “sandbox” model, which will be on trial in 17 provinces and the third is no quarantine for tourists who meet the seven conditions set by the Thai government.

Although foreigners can enter Thailand with the fewest possible restrictions, the government attaches importance to the safety of the Thai people and the country’s health system, which must be capable with coping with the new challenge, said the department.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

and a ludicrous 10,000 a day apparently ! Imagine screening 10,000 a day ! As you say, chaos pending

It;s also going to double their daily testing numbers !

quote : “The government also estimated about 10,000 passengers per day would arrive in Don Mueang Airport during the first period of the reopening

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BP reporting swab hubs will be used outside the airport on arrival in BKK.

This is to avoid overcrowding.

These could be at hotels, hospitals etc.

Saying that tourists will have to stay one night at hotel to receive results.

So after my 2 flight, 20 hour trip, i can look forward to any amount of hastles.

Queuing, waiting for buses, carted off in the Bangkok traffic to somewhere else to get tested. then carted back again?

Am i allowed to travel freely to my destination in Thailand?

Can't wait for the YouTube videos of this circus.

Is this just for the "sandbox" tourists? I'm staying in Pattaya (non-sandbox) and already booked my ASQ. Seems ridiculous overkill to also get swabbed & detained in BKK. 

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I have a flight to Thailand departing November 2. If the Thailand Pass is not available in the next 7 days, rather than book ASQ for 7 days, I will change my departure date.

My flight departs November 11, and I’m still waiting for approval on my COE. I can’t change my flight date for a number of reasons, the least of which isn’t that I’ve already purchased the mandatory covid insurance (which becomes active on my predetermined arrival date) I really feel for those people whose flights arrive the first week of November and who have been left standing with their dicks in their hands. Anxious times.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Imagine you are sat in the UK and you are toying with the idea of booking flights this week to come out Nov 1.......might you not want to know what the rules and regulations might be....NOW?

Oh wait....were you being sarcastic?

The time you leave Heathrow with all the mess there you will have an extra evening to think about it. Dont worry. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said

"I don't have a clue what to do but I'll spiel something that the masses want to hear then i'll say it was all a misunderstanding, that'll fix it, alcohol sprays at the ready boys''

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, stigar said:

Yeah,,and the hotels really made it cheaper ..before about 30.000 bath for 2 weeks..NOW JUST 27.000 bath for a week.For  thais 17.000..Dual pricing as usual.In norway doesnt matter where  u from.Its the same price,I stayed in a quaranten hotel last march,,paid 34.000 bath for 15 days.When returned to norway i had to stay in quarantene hotel for a week.That cost me about 2000 thai bath a day.Incluted meals and more...was allowed to go anywhere all day.Took 2 PCR tests for free.

Well, Norwegians do not buy into government propaganda, and they do not believe in the coming Zombie Apocalypse. Big difference. Really, all the difference in the world!

• Like 1

Come on, we still have 10 days to go, you don't actually expect them to have confirmed anything so early?  That said, you would be a fool to book anything until it is fully gazetted, so just hold fire until then, or book to go to a more accommodating and organised country.

11 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Here's some math:

If it takes 25 minutes to process one person, a plane of 400 people would take 10,000 minutes, or 7 days to process (if there is one processed at a time). If they had 14 processing stations running non-stop simultaneously, then that plane-load would take 12 hours before the travelers could proceed to baggage claim. But, what if another plane lands during that 12 hours?! In order for the plane load to be processed in only 1.2 hours, they would have to have 140 processing stations running non-stop.

Do you really believe that you did the "math" better than they can? That if it really took 12 hours before a passenger can go to baggage claim, they would not see it? I realize that this is mainly a Thai-bashing forum, but please.

The actual statement was "The entire time a visitor will spend from getting through the terminal gates to leaving the airport would take no more than 25 minutes,"

So we may assume this includes everything, not just the paperwork.  There have been occasions when I had to spend far longer than 25 minutes plane-to-street in BKK before covid, so of course we don't have to take this number as cast in stone. And BKK is not an exception, there are far worse ones. Simply what they mean is that, by offloading the PCR tests to your destination, the times will be cut down to almost normal ones. Basically the same checks (passport, visa, place of residence), a check of your vaccination papers, and baggage claim.

Some considerations:

- when 400 people disembark, they don't all rush out. Some (many) may have connecting domestic and international flights.

- if the baggage delivery takes say 20 minutes, then it doesn't really matter if your paperwork check will take 3, 5, 10 minutes. You still have to wait for the baggage.

12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Here's some math:

If it takes 25 minutes to process one person, a plane of 400 people would take 10,000 minutes, or 7 days to process (if there is one processed at a time). If they had 14 processing stations running non-stop simultaneously, then that plane-load would take 12 hours before the travelers could proceed to baggage claim. But, what if another plane lands during that 12 hours?! In order for the plane load to be processed in only 1.2 hours, they would have to have 140 processing stations running non-stop.

Add in the 100k passengers a day the articles says they will expect at Don Muang and you have an impossible situation where there is no way it can be done.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

I'm coming Thailand,

I appreciate your wonderful concern for my health. I am going to book an additional week quarantine so you will feel safer.  Also I will up my insurance requirement to 1,000,000 to help you're ailing insurance companies, and of course book in a five star hotel to help the poor Thai people..

My wallet feels safe cradled in your warm and loving hands..

The Thai government is still stumbling along after all the time they have been in power.

This is really pathetic, but of course they have all the skills do they not?

Good Luck Thailand, maybe next year will be better and when all the restrictions

get lifted some tourists may show up.

Geezer

• Like 2