Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

If I were cooped up in Singapore for the past 18 months, this would work for me just fine...though I have been here in Thailand.  If the tax on wine will in fact be reduced significantly, a decent place on the beach and access to a wine and beer selection and  decent food, I see the appeal.  It's a positive step in the right direction if they can keep to this and work with whatever else they can give in terms of pre-pandemic freedoms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

It must specifically mention Covid....

I would certainly think so, I guess you would also need to ensure that the insurance covers you testing positive but with no symptoms as if that happens here we know you'll still be transported off for 2 weeks and some insurance companies only pay out if you actually need treatment.

This needs to be cleared up regarding testing at BKK Airport or at Hotel

Can I use and SHA+ hotel in Pattaya, or does the SHA+ hotel need to be in Bangkok??

Upon arrival at Thailand’s international airport, travellers must proceed directly by the approved airport transfer to the pre-arranged COVID-19 test centre, or the reserved accommodation and undergo the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test on Day 0-1.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

All official and gazetted according to TAT news

Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, signed the entry guidelines for the quarantine-free reopening, published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette last night (21 October 2021) along with two other announcements on relaxed COVID-19 controls in 17 Thai destinations.

Clear and specific details in the news link

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Er, does this mean direct flights only ? That'll make life harder for some if it is. Anyone any ideas as not clear to me

• Must have been in the approved countries for 21 days or more. Transit/transfer from the approved counties is not allowed.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

CM has been under curfew a long time before Covid-19. The police and army shut the bars down very heavy handedly..By 11 pm the streets are emptied and bars shuttered..

Yes, quite correct. Although, no doubt there are private clubs in mansions where anything still goes, as in Pattaya. 

As for restaurants not being lawfully permitted to serve alcohol - although some try the chinese teacup approach - from a Thai minister POV it's not the expats or tourists that are of any concern, but locals who used to rendezvous at large scale and inexpensive barbecue places which can hold hundreds of Thais during a session. 

But of course, a 'restaurant' is a 'restaurant' whatever the size... 

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Er, does this mean direct flights only ? That'll make life harder for some if it is. Anyone any ideas as not clear to me

• Must have been in the approved countries for 21 days or more. Transit/transfer from the approved counties is not allowed.

No, it means you can't fly from India (who is not on the list) to the UAE and then transit to Thailand flight unless you were in the UAE for 21 days minimum

Transit/transfer after originally departing from listed country is fine (but wouldn't risk it in case of aircraft failure causing a stop over). There are 46 countries to transit through anyway so shouldn't be too hard

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

you can go via Doha or Singapore or any other transit Airport, but you can only transit, if you are in a country NOT on the list, then NOT on the List means NOT approved for 1 day Quarantine

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook listed the 46 countries for the reopening in full.

Taiwan missing, but PRC in. wonder who made the list up!

What happens if someone tests positive during 1 day quarantine?

And freebees, such as the one in phuket sandbox, passengers who sat around the positive pax on an airplane, gets locked up too? 

• Like 1

I note from the TAT announcement that a certificate of entry is still required. It's just off-putting for many potential travellers, if they moved into the 21st century and gave instant confirmation, electronically attached to the passport then it would be an improvement. 

This, along with mask wearing and lack of alcohol and nightlife will stop the floodgates from opening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

Or undergo 10 days quarantine.

I was hoping to pop back home to sort some affairs. But having to stay in a hotel for three weeks makes it very expensive, and that's without all the other covid related costs. 

Just have more affairs????????

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

I have a feeling that 50k will be the new normal even after covid.

I don't think I've ever come across a regular holiday insurance package which offers such a low amount of coverage, it's always far more than that.

All they need to do is specify that COVID is covered then any of those off the shelf policies should do the job.

Of course Thailand will likely require something very specific just to them which isn't provided by any of the insurance policies making things infinitely harder and more expensive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Nice marketing trick calling it "QUARANTINE FREE" when your still have to do 1 Day Quarantine so it's not really.

True - and they also mention that you need to remain in that hotel until a negative Covidtest can be proved. I wonder how long that will take if some thousand or ten thousands arrive pr day?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Why is it always as far as your concerned old people who come looking for there hole if the bars aren’t open then there who t ge any bar girls it appears you have a very negative attitude towards the older generation of which I am one of them and if I want a bit of female company I don’t do the bars I use Tinder of which I currently have 33 likes 

Well in lad..

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

All official and gazetted according to TAT news

Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, signed the entry guidelines for the quarantine-free reopening, published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette last night (21 October 2021) along with two other announcements on relaxed COVID-19 controls in 17 Thai destinations.

Clear and specific details in the news link

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

So the Certificate of Entry remains, (item 2):

1. A Certificate of Entry (COE) or a proof of registration for entry Thailand via specified platform. Currently, the COE can be applied online https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

No details about the "specified platform".

Still, it's 9 days to go before this all takes effect, so fill yer boots.

Edited by samtam