Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

15 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

It will be OK. I found that the best site is thailandpass. go. th. its the Thai Embassy site. 

It says. "Must EXPRESSLY STATE it covers $50.000 in medical expenses INCLUDING covid 19.

One good thing not mentioned is the need to prove and pay in advance for air flights. Maybe now it will be possible to receive the pass before booking flights. 

Ps. They add of course that the Thailandpass website is not yet up and running. - use the COE site. 

That is good news about flight booking because I not sure of the date yet. 

Looking in the new year because of work commitments here in London. 

As far as my policy wording   it doesn't say persifically £50.000 for Covid it just says limit of £10 million for medical cover  I think I will call the helpline and ask about that 

Edited by DaveE13

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Not a lot in my opinion; who wants to come here to uncertain rules, polluted air and you can't even get a drink in a Bar ?  That's not a Holiday is it ?

The Chinese don't tend to visit bars. Not big on sitting in the sun either. They come for the food, the shopping, and the photoshoots. and however polluted Thailand's air is, I doubt it is as bad as some of their big cities. Also. Thailand is a lot closer to China than Europe. Three hour flight for a holiday vs 11 or 12 hours for  Europeans.

Even allowing for the economic problems, the large population will still ensure large numbers of travellers. We shall see soon enough with both our New Year and Chinese New Year only a few months away.

Social media will soon spread the word if a good or bad experience is to be had.

Edited by phetphet

12 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The Chinese don't tend to visit bars. Not big on sitting in the sun either. They come for the food, the shopping, and the photoshoots. and however polluted Thailand's air is, I doubt it is as bad as some of their big cities. Also. Thailand is a lot closer to China than Europe. Three hour flight for a holiday vs 11 or 12 hours for  Europeans.

Even allowing for the economic problems, the large population will still ensure large numbers of travellers. We shall see soon enough with both our New Year and Chinese New Year only a few months away.

Social media will soon spread the word if a good or bad experience is to be had.

I don't think they'll be allowed to travel before the Beijing Olympics. The Chinese seem to be obsessed with perfect olympics , so probably no Chinese coming to Thailand before March-April 2022.

Thailand to lift curfew in 17 provinces from 31 October

6632f6b958845828304fe2808613550a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Nighttime curfew in 17 provinces in the government’s pilot tourism campaign will be lifted from 31 October, just ahead of the country’s 1 November reopening plan. Certain disease control measures will remain in place, while nightclubs and bars are not allowed to reopen in this initial phase.

The government on the Royal Thai Government Gazette website announced the latest relaxation of COVID-19 measures, focusing on guidelines and protocols to accommodate Thailand’s reopening to international visitors on 1 November.

One of the measures announced was the lifting of nighttime curfew in tourism areas covering 17 provinces previously coded dark-red for highest and strict COVID-19 control.

Effective from the eve of 31 October, the curfew will no longer be enforced in these specific areas, however activities deemed at high risk will still be prohibited.

Nightclubs, bars, karaoke venues, and other similar nightlife venues cannot open yet.

Thailand is planning to accept fully vaccinated tourists arriving by air from low-risk countries from 1 November without quarantine.

Eligible tourists must present documentations to prove their full COVID-19 vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test, and travel insurance.

Eligible tourists will be allowed to travel freely within the pilot tourism areas in 17 provinces quarantine-free, namely Bangkok, Krabi, Chon Buri (only Bang Lamung, Si Racha, Ko Sichang districts; Na Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts in Sattahip, and Pattaya City), Chiang Mai (only the city district, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts), Trat (only Ko Chang district), Buriram (only the city district), Prachuab Khiri Khan (only Hua Hin and Nong Kae subdistricts), Phang Nga, Phetchaburi (only Cha-Am City Municipality), Phuket, Ranong (only Ko Phayam), Rayong (only Ko Samet), Loei (only Chiang Khan district), Samut Prakan (only within Suvarnabhumi International Airport), Surat Thani (only Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, and Ko Tao), Nong Khai (only the city district, Sangkhom, Si Chang Mai, and Tha Bo district), and Udon Thani (only the city district, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yung, Nong Han, and Prachaksinlapakhom districts).

nnt.jpg

8 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BP is reporting a news conference where the tracking app was mentioned as being required to be downloaded and used.

I’ve read that the Mor Chana App (which is the same App used for Sandbox arrivals in Phuket) will be required to be downloaded and shown upon entry into Phuket (and perhaps checked by ground staff upon checking in at point of origin). 

The reality however may be a little different. While upon arrival in Thailand I was checked (For Thailand Plus when arriving in Bangkok - ASQ and Mor Chana when arriving in Phuket - Sandbox) people have reported that they were not checked to see if they had a smart phone or if Mor Chana was downloaded. 

Thus - there is some president of slack enforcement.

That said, if someone does not have a smartphone it would be a smart choice to get one (even a cheap one which is sufficiently up to date to down load new apps) - and download the Mor Chana app.....  just to avoid potential hassles or even just to avoid the ‘what if’ doubts while flying over to Bangkok. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

BP is reporting a news conference where the tracking app was mentioned as being required to be downloaded and used.

The gazetted rules are

• Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.

And again, link to official requirements supposedly gazetted

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Not a lot in my opinion; who wants to come here to uncertain rules, polluted air and you can't even get a drink in a Bar ?  That's not a Holiday is it ?

I have to be fair: the air is much much better now

52 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

What do they care how long you stay, they already have you locked into this:

5. payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.

• The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).

...and an antigent test kit? Where does that figure in?

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The gazetted rules are

• Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.

And again, link to official requirements supposedly gazetted

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Thank you.

Note the use of the words "test result should be available within a day."

Bangkok Post writes "These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by chartered flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, U-Tapao and Buri Ram airports. Arrivals by other kinds of flights must enter "sandbox" programmes in, for example, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnga and Krabi."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2202535/conditions-for-no-quarantine-arrivals

What does this mean? Not possible to arrive using a regular scheduled flight?

Edited by Stefanix
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

...and an antigent test kit? Where does that figure in?

ATK kit requires pre-paid payment with the arrival PCR test and 1 nights hotel

• Each traveller will receive an ATK that they have prepaid when booking the accommodation.
  • Any traveller experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thank you.

Note the use of the words "test result should be available within a day."

This not something that would concern me. 

For Sandboxers (in Phuket) the PCR tests results were returned the same evening (within a few hours). 

Thus, I very much doubt anyone would be waiting for more than 24 hours for their PCR test result unless there has been some form of mix-up etc. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

What do they care how long you stay, they already have you locked into this:

5. payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.

• The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).

I was joking but my understanding is that, in case you don't have your test results on time, you need to stay an extra night in the AQ, SHA, etc.. hotel

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Nearly 2 months of monsoon rain and flooding in Thailand and you bring up the usual "the weather's perfect and sunny"

nonsense.

Your nonsense is no better.

You never experienced seasons in Thailand?

What is all the excitement about November 1?

Of course it will slowly go forward and heaven helps that the rainy season extends to Christmas.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

What does this mean? Not possible to arrive using a regular scheduled flight?

To me it means dumping this nonsense spreading news media.

Remember them stating that five countries are eligible?

This rumor nonsense is still not completely silenced.

Wait for reputable sources.

I haven't found a single indication about "chartered" in the TAT announcement and the new CeO website (even though not spent to much on it).

Why would they switch from regular scheduled flights like now?

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This not something that would concern me. 

For Sandboxers (in Phuket) the PCR tests results were returned the same evening (within a few hours). 

Thus, I very much doubt anyone would be waiting for more than 24 hours for their PCR test result unless there has been some form of mix-up etc. 

Still, the wait will likely cause many to have to book two nights in the hotel. For example, the flight I was looking at would arrive in BKK a little after midnight. By the time I get through airport b.s. and check into the hotel, it might be around 3:00 a.m. If the test results were to get to me twelve hours later, I would have to book a second day at the hotel as most have the cut-off around noon. 

53 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

'Chonburi (limited to Banglamung, Muang Pattaya, Sriracha, Koh Si Chang, and Sattahip (only Na Jomtien and Bang Saray))' Can somebody explain this to me? What does it mean?????

As already seen in the later news post: not all of Chonburi is exempted but only the designated areas (Muang Pattaya = Mueang Pattaya = Pattaya city e.g.).

Chonburi city has the highest number of detected infections in the province.

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

forget it who is going to put up with this stupid s#it stupid brain-dead country  

Yeah, steps required 

1. COE/Thailand Pass requiring:

(a) vax proof

(b) $50k medical insurance

(c) pre-paid 1 night hotel, includes PCR test + provided self ATK test

2. ATK test at day 6-7 

3. Can't see anything else????

Wait, doesn't seem too hard considering previous hard 14 day quarantine?

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And the Phuket sandbox showed that very few cases very imported?

Or did I get that wrong?

So what's all the fuss about new variants/mutations in country xyz if strict checks of vaccination and test on entry is done combined with health insurance?

The virus exist since 2019 and will never vanish completely. Learn to live with it or die from starvation/economic depression/stagflation ...

Edited by KhunBENQ

35 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

Bangkok Post writes "These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by chartered flights at Suvarnabhumi,

See here about this complete .. of B. P.:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236486-confused-over-chartered-flight-requirement-for-latest-no-quarantine-arrivals-into-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=16918841

• Like 2