Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I guess this is an improvement for people who need to see family, do business trips etc.

But I don't see many genuine tourists coming when they could go somewhere closer to home with less restrictions, where the bars and nightlife are open, and it's cheaper.

I'm not really sure what Thailand has to offer at this point.

"I'm not really sure what Thailand has to offer at this point."

I was going to say : Women! But I forgot, most places are closed, and that side of Thailand is just not going to be present. Let's be honest, it certainly is one of the main attractions. Don't tell me tourists come for the museums hahaha!

For me a few questions (should be more)  stand out.

Where is the list of hotels that can be used for the 1 night non-quarantine, and when will the pass go online.  

The embassy website says it takes 3 - 5 days to process the application so not long to go to Nov 1.

Also, out of curiosity, if the Thais test positive for CoVid but are asymptomatic, do they have to stay in hospital or can self isolate at home?  Surely there arent enough hospitals to send all positive cases there?

Lastly, if the "non-quarantine" hotel stay is just to wait for PCR test results, can it be done in Pattaya, or must be done in Bangkok - and similar, if living there and not a tourist, can this be done at home instead a hotel?

Have a great day all ????

Sounds like a boring holiday for people to come to Thailand when no bars, clubs etc open.  Part of the holiday experience is relaxing, having a few drinks and enjoying the atmosphere.  A huge demographic just won't come.  

Families, non-drinkers and others wishing for sight-seeing tours etc may come, which I suppose is a start.  But I doubt many will.  

When will the government relax and open up the nightlife?   We surely must be heading towards 70%+ vaccination targets soon?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phetphet said:
5 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

All intending travellers should note that when coming from one of the 46 listed countries there is a provision that they must have resided in that country for at least the previous 21 days.

So any expat who needs to travel outside of Thailand for a shorter period will not be allowed to return.

At least that is how I read it.

Expand  

Or undergo 10 days quarantine.

I was hoping to pop back home to sort some affairs. But having to stay in a hotel for three weeks makes it very expensive, and that's without all the other covid related costs. 

This is an ‘interesting flaw’ in the requirements - especially for those who wish to travel out for a few days or a week... and then return (within the 21 days).

I’m wondering if as usual the wording has been clumsy and they really mean, must not have been in any of the countries not on the list of 46 (green countries) for the past 21 days which would make a lot more sense. 

Thus: IF you have been traveled from Thailand, to the UAE for a week, return to Thailand and spending 1 night in an SHA+ quarantine is fine (just a guess). 

36 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

And Germany....

Last week 5-6000 cases everyday.

2 days ago 11000

Yesterday 16000

Today almost 20000 and rising.

Plus UK, USA, Russia....

Good luck Thailand.

The media frenzy regarding asymptomatic "Cases" is not helpful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is an ‘interesting flaw’ in the requirements - especially for those who wish to travel out for a few days or a week... and then return (within the 21 days).

I’m wondering if as usual the wording has been clumsy and they really mean, must not have been in any of the countries not on the list of 46 (green countries) for the past 21 days which would make a lot more sense. 

Thus: IF you have been traveled from Thailand, to the UAE for a week, return to Thailand and spending 1 night in an SHA+ quarantine is fine (just a guess). 

You've missed the latest which they say has been gazetted

• For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country for 21 days or more, as long as they are travelling from Thailand to the approved country/s and return within the last 21 days.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Use common sense ?

Immigration: "You cannot enter Thailand! This insurance does not qualify!"

Me: "But I was on aseannow.com, and somebody told me that I just needed to use common sense!"

Immigration: "Is that right? Sorry about the misunderstanding sir, welcome to Thailand!".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

All intending travellers should note that when coming from one of the 46 listed countries there is a provision that they must have resided in that country for at least the previous 21 days.

So any expat who needs to travel outside of Thailand for a shorter period will not be allowed to return.

At least that is how I read it.

Now you are complicating things Havenstreet1940! That goes beyond the imagination of the Ministry of Public Confusion! ????

3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:
6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

And now sit back and wait for the Well-What-About-Me? posts.

Or the smug "I don't come for a fortnight's holiday, so I don't risk losing 2 days of my holiday in enforced quarantine." posts.

Edited 3 hours ago by Cherrytreeview

... or the smugger I've been here for 2 years now and I ain't going anywhere AKA the "I'm alright Jack" contingent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You've missed the latest which they say has been gazetted

• For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country for 21 days or more, as long as they are travelling from Thailand to the approved country/s and return within the last 21 days.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Good info.... 

1. A Certificate of Entry (COE) or a proof of registration for entry Thailand via specified platform.Currently, the COE can be applied online https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/,

'Via a specified platform' - Indicates that the CoE process will continue until the Thailand Pass is up and running (lets see)

For previous entry to Thailand it was not a requirement for Thai’s to have a PCR test (negative <72 hrs before departure) - there is no confirmation that this is now a requirement or not.

Edited by richard_smith237

2 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Need to make a quick 2 day trip to Dubai? Nope, youll need to sit in Dubai for days while you prepare all your documents for approval and cross your fingers that theres no delay. 

Whole thing is still grossly stupid, convoluted, and totally pointless.  

I kind of agree...  BUT... in your situation you could arrange and receive approval for your return before you’ve departed for your quick 2 day trip to Dubai. 

2 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

One night in quarantine or until negative result supplied. If large numbers arrive you may have to wait days for your result. You could finish up stuck in an hotel for days or weeks if they don't give you back your results in a guaranteed time.  More nonsensical rules made on the run

Are you aware that this has ever actually happened?

3 hours ago, jmccarty said:

If I were cooped up in Singapore for the past 18 months, this would work for me just fine...though I have been here in Thailand.  If the tax on wine will in fact be reduced significantly, a decent place on the beach and access to a wine and beer selection and  decent food, I see the appeal.  It's a positive step in the right direction if they can keep to this and work with whatever else they can give in terms of pre-pandemic freedoms.

drinking on the beach is forbidden

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:
3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:
6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

And now sit back and wait for the Well-What-About-Me? posts.

Or the smug "I don't come for a fortnight's holiday, so I don't risk losing 2 days of my holiday in enforced quarantine." posts.

Edited 3 hours ago by Cherrytreeview

... or the smugger I've been here for 2 years now and I ain't going anywhere AKA the "I'm alright Jack" contingent.

In fairness... Anyone with a 12-18 year old child quite rightly is going to ask ‘what about me’ as there seems to be no quarantine-free  one-night-quarantine’ option for them.

Are any of the vaccines approved for Children aged 12-18 yrs? and if so, are they even attainable in many countries ?

6 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

so if i stay in bkk i can stay in a sha hotel or aq hotel . my choice?? where does someone get a list of those in bkk>??

Also, now it’s better/ easier to go to Bangkok, than to do the Sandbox 7 nights ? Doesn’t make sense to me . Why is it 1 day full quarantine in BKK and 1 test ,  and 7 days SHA+ in Phuket plus 2 tests ???? 

1 minute ago, misterphil said:

Like me. I'm British and working in Greenland and will be returning to Thailand via Copenhagen Denmark. Denmark on the allowed to come list but Greenland isn't and has very few Covid cases. No quarantine, no curfews, no lockdowns and no need to wear a face mask anywhere. So, il be leaving a Country that's at less risk than most of the Country's allowed but not on the list. 

Isn't Greenland part of Denmark politically?

• Like 1