Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

4 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

so if i stay in bkk i can stay in a sha hotel or aq hotel . my choice?? where does someone get a list of those in bkk>??

What is a SHA hotel, and again, where can one get a list of such hotels in Bangkok?

9. testing negative for COVID-19, travellers can go anywhere in Thailand.

• Each traveller will receive an ATK that they have prepaid when booking the accommodation.
  • Any traveller experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

You have to test yourself on the 6th-7th day? and show the result to the hotel staff? What if you live in your own house or condo? It is confusing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samtam said:

So the Certificate of Entry remains, (item 2):

1. A Certificate of Entry (COE) or a proof of registration for entry Thailand via specified platform. Currently, the COE can be applied online https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

No details about the "specified platform".

Still, it's 9 days to go before this all takes effect, so fill yer boots.

I think there item explains it well. We are to use the COE until it is replaced by the next specified platform, which is the Thailand Pass.

They just need to quickly change the COE to include the "Quarantine Free" option

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

CM has been under curfew a long time before Covid-19. The police and army shut the bars down very heavy handedly..By 11 pm the streets are emptied and bars shuttered..

The streets might be empty and the bars shuttered, but many of them are still pumping inside. It’s not hard to get an illegal drink in CM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

You have to test yourself on the 6th-7th day? and show the result to the hotel staff? What if you live in your own house or condo? It is confusing.

I was thinking the same thing. My Condo is right next door to a Mecure hotel so I'm planning to ask how much for a 1 night fake stay so they can process my ATK result lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I think there item explains it well. We are to use the COE until it is replaced by the next specified platform, which is the Thailand Pass.

They just need to quickly change the COE to include the "Quarantine Free" option

Thanks for your "take" on it. It wouldn't have been difficult to make it crystal clear.

Let me try:

1. A Certificate of Entry (COE) or a proof of registration for entry Thailand via specified platform. Currently the specified platform has not yet been developed so please utilise the COE, which can be applied for online https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/,

• Haha 1

Soon that list will be shortened again as the YA.4.2 mutation of the delta variant is growing in Europe especially in the UL, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and also in Israël.   Anybody who is buying a ticket now is gambling on Thailands politicians not changing these rules. People will loose their money for the ticket and other expenses. So far polticians in Thailand came up with new plans every day and that will not change in the near future if you ask me. 

My advice: Thailand should not import these new covid mutations! My believe is that they soon will come to their senses again,  and like Marocco did 2 days ago by closing the airspace for the UK, Germany and the Netherlands, Thailand will follow. 

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Like I said in a post earlier this week.

I have  German friend who lived here before, he returned to Germany with his Thai wife and daughter 5 years ago... best move he ever made he said.

I sent birthday greetings to him, he replied from Croatia where he's on holiday at the moment.

He said coming here to see relatives was just not an option, too many documents, to many restrictions, to many attractions closed and too damn expensive.

Know a couple who just returned from Spit. We'll holiday in Europe thanks, postponed their first Thai holiday again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Not forgetting that Thais who are returning to Thailand do not have to have a PCR test 72 hours before their flight . What sense does that make ? if they are positive the whole flight of passengers will be affected . 

Is also totally incomprehensible to me. So the whole pre-flight testing process becomes nonsensical.

• Like 1

'Not forgetting that Thais who are returning to Thailand do not have to have a PCR test 72 hours before their flight . What sense does that make ? if they are positive the whole flight of passengers will be affected' . 

Depnds which airline they use.   Etihad for instance want a PCR test to fly.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday had a chat with the wife and though i hadnt read it yet somewhere,

she red Thailand had imported the lambda virus.

Coming from Australia. Thai people working there flying in and out to Thailand.

So it means Thai people arent checked anyway and easily bring in the next generation virus.

I forgot to ask where she red it. Is it fake news she red?

But i have red in Asean now cases about Thai coming in with corona.

One form Africa, one from Pakistan and one on an inland flight(?).

They were tested positive after flying !

Otherwise again Thailand is aiming totally wrong on how infections spread in Thailand.

And again fully vaccinated tourists are the wrong target group. 

Edited by xtrnuno41
additional text

15 minutes ago, superal said:

Not forgetting that Thais who are returning to Thailand do not have to have a PCR test 72 hours before their flight . What sense does that make ? if they are positive the whole flight of passengers will be affected . 

Not true, there is no exclusion to Thai for PCR Test (they are excluded from insurance as are covered by the health system)

3. A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

All intending travellers should note that when coming from one of the 46 listed countries there is a provision that they must have resided in that country for at least the previous 21 days.

So any expat who needs to travel outside of Thailand for a shorter period will not be allowed to return.

At least that is how I read it.

It says on the TAT release that foreign residents of Thailand can travel from here to one of the countries and back again (without applying the 21 day rule)

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Not true, there is no exclusion to Thai for PCR Test (they are excluded from insurance as are covered by the health system)

3. A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

You sure?

Screenshot_20211022-101240_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

What is a SHA hotel, and again, where can one get a list of such hotels in Bangkok?

Not SHA, must be SHA+.

When I search for one on Agoda both were advertised.

Only SHA+ can provide you with SHABA code you need for your COE

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

You sure?

Screenshot_20211022-101240_Chrome.jpg

Well I'd trust a recent article that's quoting what was gazetted just last night.

I think it's redundant anyway as don't most airlines require everyone to have a PCR test result to get on their plane?

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Well I'd trust a recent article that's quoting what was gazetted just last night.

I think it's redundant anyway as don't most airlines require everyone to have a PCR test result to get on their plane?

It can and cannot be true, it depends on how they are entering. If they are not returning via the new country list and non quarantine requirement or if they are returning via sandbox then yes they do need tests.

However if they are returning to enter ASQ and quarantine for 10 days then they do not need a test or vaccination

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

It can and cannot be true, it depends on how they are entering. If they are not returning via the new country list and non quarantine requirement or if they are returning via sandbox then yes they do need tests.

However if they are returning to enter ASQ and quarantine for 10 days then they do not need a test or vaccination

Well this thread is titled to be about the "Quarantine Free" option lol

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Hope so. Unfortunately there are exceptions, such as Thai airways.