Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

4 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Does Greenland come under Denmark being its the same same but different? ????

Perhaps he could claim he was in Danish territory ?

Greenland also does not have its own passport, instead Danish passports are issued. Greenland maintains it's own autonomy, it is not yet an independent country. Even though Denmark is a part of EU and Schengen, Greenland is not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In fairness... Anyone with a 12-18 year old child quite rightly is going to ask ‘what about me’ as there seems to be no quarantine-free  one-night-quarantine’ option for them.

Are any of the vaccines approved for Children aged 12-18 yrs? and if so, are they even attainable in many countries ?

Afraid i can't help you.

There is so much fine detail to be disclosed.

The bullet point headlines are the easy bits, it's the small print and implementation that will really matter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Only 10 Days ago, Russia and India were cited as being the savior's of the Tourist Industry, yet neither Country is on this list

Strange

No it's not, they are both now behind Thailand in vax rates

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Screenshot_20211021-201321_Chrome.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

How do they know that you have been in the eligible country for 21 days? What if you are travelling from a country not on the list, have a day or 2 layover in an eligible country then fly to Thailand? 

Do you have to declare which country your flying from on COE / Thailand pass?  

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would certainly think so, I guess you would also need to ensure that the insurance covers you testing positive but with no symptoms as if that happens here we know you'll still be transported off for 2 weeks and some insurance companies only pay out if you actually need treatment.

MOST insurers would class that scenario as ‘quarantine' (because that’s what it is) as there’s no personal medical necessity. Quarantine costs in the arrival or returning home country are specifically excluded. 

• Like 1

Just now, nchuckle said:

MOST insurers would class that scenario as ‘quarantine' (because that’s what it is) as there’s no personal medical necessity. Quarantine costs in the arrival or returning home country are specifically excluded. 

AXA Sawatdee policy explicitly states that they cover for this, and you won't be in quarantine, youll be staying in the hospital, not a hotel room. I have my usual health insurance though my employer and also carry the AXA policy when entering thailand for the first month until I get past all the stupid covid tests they require and im clear of the government leash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Expectations met? :tongue:

So much nagging, whining.

Uh, one day quarantine is not quarantine free.

Uh, no bar/booze (which might change until Christmas/New Year season).

Thailand HAS something to offer for those who sit in the dark/cold/grey/wet Europe with all the woke babble.

Laughable.

Do you live on Mars or Thailand?

Nearly 2 months of monsoon rain and flooding in Thailand and you bring up the usual "the weather's perfect and sunny"

nonsense.

Thailand HAS nothing to offer those of us that have family and friends in Europe to spend Christmas with and can watch the cabaret unfold from a far.

Thailand can wait until next year or whenever it gets its act together.

People have plenty of options for those of us that have travelled a bit more than the titty bars of Pattaya and an Isaan <deleted> house.

Enjoy the paddling pool.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Having to stay in a hotel for one night but actually allowed out after several hours once the test is confirmed as negative is hardly quarantine or onerous. If you don't want to go just don't go. Simples. For the rest of us these lax restrictions are manna from heaven.

I agree....  the requirements are now simple...

- Pre-Flight PCR

- SHA+ hotel booking (which includes airport transfer & PCR tests)

But... its not the requirements that cause the hassle, its whatever application process is now in flavour... i.e. 1st of Nov is 9 days away yet there is no information whatsoever on Thailand Pass... 

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Are they talking about covid-19 insurance? Very confusing language.

Yes

But it is has bee lowered from $100,000.

Where was that specified?   The Bangkok Post reports it as "general medical insurance" as well as this OP specifying only "medical insurance", no mention of "Covid insurance".

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I guess this is an improvement for people who need to see family, do business trips etc.

But I don't see many genuine tourists coming when they could go somewhere closer to home with less restrictions, where the bars and nightlife are open, and it's cheaper.

I'm not really sure what Thailand has to offer at this point.

That's easy......  Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

Next question?

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was that specified?   The Bangkok Post reports it as "general medical insurance" as well as this OP specifying only "medical insurance", no mention of "Covid insurance".

It is:

4. An insurance policy, with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$50,000, which should cover the cost of the treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19, including in-patient hospitalisation for the whole duration in Thailand. *Except for Thai citizens who are entitled to the national health insurance system.*

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Are they talking about covid-19 insurance? Very confusing language.

Yes

But it is has bee lowered from $100,000.

Expand  

Which is quite typical of the lack of clarity in any of the announcements. 

My ‘guess’ is that the insurance requirements are the same, only the amount of cover has been lowered from 100k to US$50k.

Common sense would suggest that, but we all know how the application of common sense can trip us up here. 

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

All official and gazetted according to TAT news

Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, signed the entry guidelines for the quarantine-free reopening, published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette last night (21 October 2021) along with two other announcements on relaxed COVID-19 controls in 17 Thai destinations.

Clear and specific details in the news link

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

So you still need a CoE (Para 2) and to install their ridiculous app (Para 8 as well as the "pseudo quarantine"

I think not! 

Edited by VBF