Building house in Isaan

Qal S

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, please move to correct forum if not.

Wife is looking to build a house in Isaan (near Amnatcharoen), she already have the land, and had an architect draw up a house plan.

the house is 152 Sqm, tile roof, and Qblock.

3 bedrooms, 1 living room, and kitchen.

the builder is asking for a 16000 / Sqm, without a quote.

This would include everything except furniture (counter, light fixing etc is included).

We do not have a BOM at the moment.

is this price in the ballpark, or is it extra price plus?

Thanks

Qal

Quite a high price per sqm. Since some weeks in negotiation with Housebuilders in Prachuap and best price is 12K/sqm and includes some extra requirements like double wall, special Roof Tiles, Ceiling Insulation 150 mm etc. Better to get at least 3 quotes from different builders after you have defined your specifications for your new house.

Terrace Area should be 50% of the price per sqm

Edited by UWEB
Adding Information.

Architect must produce Full House Plans, Specifications and BOM for his selected three builders to Common Form Quote for Fixed Price / Schedule/ Payment Stages. Architect will arrange Bid Q& A and Final Bids.

Architect Should Select & Manage HIS Builder after Client Design & Price Approval.Do Not Change ANYTHING after Builder Contract Acceptance.

Typical Price M2 Build Cost useful to determine that Best Bid aligned with Market.in case all three bids are High……but Architect must evaluate Quantities & Rates & Spec Compliance by Bid Line Item.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

The architect just did a floor plan?  A good architect will have complete drawings for plumbing, electric, roof structure, materials, etc. Builders who just look at the sky and give estimate based on footprint should be avoided. 

Sorry, i was not clear enough.

the building plan is complete, with plumbing, fixings, electricity etc, and approved as well.

23 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Architect must produce Full House Plans, Specifications and BOM for his selected three builders to Common Form Quote for Fixed Price / Schedule/ Payment Stages. Architect will arrange Bid Q& A and Final Bids.

Architect Should Select & Manage HIS Builder after Client Design & Price Approval.Do Not Change ANYTHING after Builder Contract Acceptance.

Typical Price M2 Build Cost useful to determine that Best Bid aligned with Market.in case all three bids are High……but Architect must evaluate Quantities & Rates & Spec Compliance by Bid Line Item.

Thank you very much for this useful information.

1 hour ago, Qal S said:

Thank you very much for this useful information.

I was looking on line at house building companies but decided to go with an architect who the village boss knows well (I know the village boss well and he knows the architects family) we went to meet him and he took us to some properties he has already started. I know nowt about house building so the specifics go straight over my head but have been impressed with the plans / specs / price he provided and if anything starts to go wrong i know where to go 

• Like 2

If the builder is good, then it's the higher end of average. 

For that amount of money in the sticks, you should get the right thickness of concrete with the right ree bar, and the right guage of wiring and good quality electric fittings. 

Beware of builders who can do it on the cheap. 

They may be honest and hard working, but the standard of workmanship and materials may not be to the standard required, and you could find yourself with a large snag list 2 or 3 years down the line. 

• Like 1

Check out the work the builder has already done.  See how many cracks.  How the paint has peeled of the bottom of the exterior walls.   Mold on the concrete pads along the building side where water sits because was not pitched outward.

For that price, things should be perfected.  I contracted 2 house builds in Udon Thani both well under 10k sqm.  Western standard, granite countertop, built in oven, cabinets hung.  Oversaw the construction myself and proper steel & wiring (grounded / earthed).

If using Q block make sure they know how, as different from cinder.

• Like 1