Pubs and bars to remain closed in 17 pilot areas after November 1

webfact

21 minutes ago, Farangus said:

And when all of a sudden the bars and clubs are allowed, thousands of Thais will return to Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok from Isan. Many of them have not yet been vaccinated. 

That’s a fair point and possibly one reason why the entertainment opening has been delayed to allow the vaccinated numbers to increase. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That’s a fair point and possibly one reason why the entertainment opening has been delayed to allow the vaccinated numbers to increase. 

The words "grabbing" and "straws" spring to mind.

Think you will find that the entertainment workers in Isaan will not get vaccinated until they have to.

In other words, when the bars open.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Think any folk planning a return to work would be well aware of the need for vax and set to go by now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Think any folk planning a return to work would be well aware of the need for vax and set to go by now.

How do 21 year old's or thereabouts get a vax when in Issan to prepare to travel back for work in the tourist hotspots? Especially when all the bars most restaurants and entertainment venues are still closed?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke shops in these areas will have to remain closed for the time being.

France is doing the same....

But the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, and pretty much everything else tourists go there for will remain closed.

Make your reservations now!

/s

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How do 21 year old's or thereabouts get a vax when in Issan to prepare to travel back for work in the tourist hotspots? Especially when all the bars most restaurants and entertainment venues are still closed?

Perhaps you could ask a friend to enquire for you.! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Natural decline I have no issue with. I do take umbrage to those that move to an area and want to gentrify it, "spoiling" it in the process (not Thailand specific).

If improving it involves making it more pleasant for everyone eg a sewage system that works, lots of nice areas to visit to sit, relax and watch the world go past. Not having to see drunks from wherever on the streets all the time. Not being choked by exhaust fumes from traffic jams most of the time etc etc then I see no reason not to change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

That's also my guess. I just booked a flight for mid-december as well as accommodation, all still at low season prices.

However, in case of problem, the flight ticket is fully modifiable and accommodation booking can be cancelled up to 11 December. ????

Good for you. 

Strange though as some people are adamant that no one would book on the off chance that entertainment venues may be open.

. Maybe their crystal ball is having another off day. ????

• Like 1

the CCSA is banning the holding of activities involving more than 500 people that could present Covid infection risks in these tourism pilot areas

And the Pattaya Music festival planned end of npvember ?

About entertainment and new rules, I'm pretty sure nothing will change before 15th november.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If improving it involves making it more pleasant for everyone eg a sewage system that works, lots of nice areas to visit to sit, relax and watch the world go past. Not having to see drunks from wherever on the streets all the time. Not being choked by exhaust fumes from traffic jams most of the time etc etc then I see no reason not to change.

Noe of which are directly related to the "sex industry" that you and others have an issue with. The people that keep bleating about Walking Street should be bull-dozed obviously didn't fly much given that for a couple of years pre-covid it was highlighted in the descent video into swampy as a main tourist attraction.

• Like 2