Pubs and bars to remain closed in 17 pilot areas after November 1

webfact

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

She was on the game, yes humans are on the game and also exist in all countries, however in most countries you do not tour your family through the red light district.

The point being the well heeled Australian family had no idea she was on the game and where almost oblivious to what was going on on around them. As said its a very surreal experience to see and i think most people are unaware just how much prostitution goes on.

To your point what wrong with a lady boy looking after your children?

Its not who they are its what they do. Was the ladyboy in question on the game also?

Frankly if the Australian family saw her actions after they left they would have been somewhat horrified and she would not longer be looking after their children on their next holiday.

FWIW, my mate's English boss and family will be visiting Thailand again as soon as things improve and they will be retaining the services of my mate's favorite ladyboy as nanny but more of a guide.

Yes, the ladyboy is 'on the game' and getting paid for it when there's no opportunity to be a nanny and bills need paying but she's not 'on the game' when she's doing the chaperoning and child minding and getting paid for it.

It's got buggerall to do what they do. You can't switch off being a human being after all.

Chances are your well-heeled Aussie family are like me, my mate, his boss and the ladyboy and have an open mind.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

People are not going to book for December on the off chance that entertainment venues are going to be open.

It's the 23rd October and there will be no high season.

You may be surprised. I think we touched on this in another thread, but many of we singles who will NOT travel until bars etc are open, are quite at liberty to make last minute arrangements. Pre-covid I have been known to book a hotel and buy a flight on January 2nd and travel on Jan 12th!

I don't think I'm alone in that, not being hampered (sorry!) by wife, brats etc etc. Even before i retired, I was self-employed and my customers didn't really need to know where I was physically. THAT led to some amusing conversations too! ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

If the bar/sex industry goes completely from Pattaya how many will really start looking to move and where to?

Those bars are just for tourists. Locals know how to get hooked up. I lived in Pattaya for five years and never paid a bar fine.

The real sex addicts will move to Angeles. The others to PNH or SRP

Just go drink their cheap beer and mive on to next agogo.

HIV and everything else rife.

Edited by Chad3000

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

It is going to take a long time to change perceptions for sure.

Forty years ago when I first darkened Thailand's shores, a 'nice girl' wouldn't bee seen dead with a farang. The social stigmatization would be immense. Nowadays, the 'leuk khreung' look with pale skin is much sought after, just look at the mixed-race Thai lagorn and movie stars. Female teachers and women in management date and marry foreigners. They have kids they send to expensive private schools costing more in term fees than most here can rack up on bar fines.

The problem with the average human's life span is they're not around to see the changes they mostly deny, despise or resist. Maybe that's a good thing too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke shops in these areas will have to remain closed for the time being.”

My guess would be that this will be the case for the duration of November then, depending on the data remaining positive, the next phase will be reopening bars etc in time for the main tourism to arrive for Xmas/new year period.

Its a sensible, measured approach.  

As you said in another thread. And as I said, I really hope you're correct @Kadilo but again...TIT  ????

Watch this space.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, club said:

The Thai officials that run this government are showing the world how not to attract tourism. Soon they  will have to pay tourist to come here.  

Not sure if they can afford me ????????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

You may be surprised. I think we touched on this in another thread, but many of we singles who will NOT travel until bars etc are open, are quite at liberty to make last minute arrangements. Pre-covid I have been known to book a hotel and buy a flight on January 2nd and travel on Jan 12th!

I don't think I'm alone in that, not being hampered (sorry!) by wife, brats etc etc. Even before i retired, I was self-employed and my customers didn't really need to know where I was physically. THAT led to some amusing conversations too! ????

Yes, i am in the same situation as you.

I have already said that the expat dollar will carry the entertainment venues through to the new year.

Some single travellers will come i have no doubt.

I have already said this to a friend of mine who is revamping his bar in Soi Chatapom.

It's what happens after that 1 month peak season, mid December to mid January.

Many places are surprising to the upside and so may Thailand.

Anyway, hope you have a great time and i hope to get to Thailand July 2022.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Sensible, measured approach is don't open until at least 70% - 80% of the population is double (or triple for sinovac) vaccinated. Like the rest of the world. 

I think many of the tourist areas are either there or not far off that target already. 

At 40% totally vaccinated across the country already they are on target to reach that by the end of the year at current rates when as I said earlier I believe it will be fully open, pending no serious spikes on the next few weeks. 

Are you suggesting that people should still be in lockdown and deprived of their livelihoods and freedom longer when over the past 7 days the death rate has been 7 deaths/million of population with both these and the infection rates falling?

Added to that the harm it is doing to the mental health of the population with 10 people/100,000 committing  suicide last year alone. A massive increase from previous years. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-suicide-covid-19-mental-health-department-director-general-2247011

Im sure some of the foreigners who don’t rely on working and are comfortable living on a pension would love to prolong the agony of the rest until they feel safe to venture out but many Thais need to rebuilt their lives and get back to work and earning a living. 

Fortunately the government has drawn a line in the sand and decided it’s time to open up, albeit it cautiously. 

Its a tricky situation. There’s you wanting to wait and there are others    who have been singing the same tune as you up til now, now saying how unfair it is that they are opening up but not allowing the bars etc to open to help them earn a living. 

So there is a compromise and the government have made a decision which I think for now helps both

sides of the argument. 

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

... THAT led to some amusing conversations too!

Brings back memories of my taking a client's phone call from Australia while getting a BJ at the Welkom Inn on Soi 3.

The good ol' days that so many malcontents here missed completely.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

For every Neon lit farang style bar there are a hundred Thai bars/karaoke joints / brothels , its an embedded part of the culture.

If you really live in Thailand you must lead a very blinkered and sheltered life.

I agree. Years ago I went to visit a Farang friend who was living in Uttaradit province...He showed me his little village's "Twinkle town" at night...another friend who spoke excellent Thai took me to a similar place in Si Saket. They're everywhere! 

4 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Those bars are just for tourists. Locals know how to get hooked up. I lived in Pattaya for five years and never paid a bar fine.

The real sex addicts will move to Angeles. The others to PNH or SRP

Just go drink their cheap beer and mive on to next agogo.

HIV and everything else rife.

Your a cheerful Charlie.

Another "I never paid a barfine" fantasist.

Everyone pays, it's just the means of exchange varies.

You'll have to excuse me, a pink elephant has just called at the door.

• Like 1

Good old Thailand only foreigners need insurance and not Thais. after watching Thailand bound and another change at last minute. Unless you have family here or other interests i would stay away and go somewhere else.   The system is very complex and confusing.  according to  Thailand bound if your nationality is not on your vaccine certificate you will not get in so those who are from the USA will not have that on the vaccine certificates 2 if had the boosters America will not disclose its not there policy. Check out Thailand bound 22nd oct on YouTube good luck to all .       

Just now, Cherrytreeview said:

Your a cheerful Charlie.

Another "I never paid a barfine" fantasist.

Everyone pays, it's just the means of exchange varies.

You'll have to excuse me, a pink elephant has just called at the door.

Tell him I'll buy him that beer later ????

But yes "everyone pays" - a wise man once said that "free sex is the most expensive sex of all" ????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SamuiAddict said:

No, as of right now...

Plenty of videos on YouTube and other sources showing bars open and lively enough even before it opens up, despite the picture one can get from reading these forums. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Will it make Thailand a bad place to bring your family on holiday if the sex industry is gone or vastly reduced?

Just askin'

Yes. Or was it a rhetorical question? Daddy wants to get some when mommy goes shopping. 

12 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Yes, i am in the same situation as you.

I have already said that the expat dollar will carry the entertainment venues through to the new year.

Some single travellers will come i have no doubt.

I have already said this to a friend of mine who is revamping his bar in Soi Chatapom.

It's what happens after that 1 month peak season, mid December to mid January.

Many places are surprising to the upside and so may Thailand.

Anyway, hope you have a great time and i hope to get to Thailand July 2022.

Thanks...... I am still "waiting and seeing" of course.

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Brings back memories of my taking a client's phone call from Australia while getting a BJ at the Welkom Inn on Soi 3.

The good ol' days that so many malcontents here missed completely.

So it was YOU on the couch next to me!!!!! ???? 

But yes , you're right those days when the main tourists to Thailand were off-duty military and ME expats were sooooooooo much fun.

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes that horrid local knowledge thing is something that counts especially when I have multiple in-laws living in Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima who are patiently waiting their turn and returned there from Phuket when their work finished because of covid. 

Best tell em to get cracking then. Maybe be impatient.All my gf family 25 to 45 yrs have been vaxed alongwith numerous other friends returned to Phuket and Pattaya for work. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Best tell em to get cracking then. Maybe be impatient.All my gf family 25 to 45 yrs have been vaxed alongwith numerous other friends returned to Phuket and Pattaya for work. 

Likewise……..weeks ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They are part of Thai culture, ie normal men go to them. 

In farang land, normal men do not go to brothels. The ones that come here for acceptable brothels, disguised as a beer bars, are usually in the throes of a 'sex and love' addiction. All I was saying is that normal

foreigners are preferred here. 

Let me correct you......

"In farang land, normal men do not admit to going to brothels.

That's better except........what IS "normal" anyway?

• Like 2