Pubs and bars to remain closed in 17 pilot areas after November 1

webfact

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Social media is too great a force now, and opening without any nightlife, is a misplaced, misguided, and overly puritanical sentiment. ALL tourists want some nightlife. Expect 20,000 tourists in November, 30,000 in December, and 50,000 during what used to be known as "peak season".

It feels like willful sabotage. You cannot kill tourism more effectively, if you were doing it deliberately. Therefore, the verdict is in. They are trying to reduce the industry to ashes, and rebuild it in their own image. That of saints, sages and holy Buddhists. Put all the bars, nightclubs, go-go's, and related businesses out of business entirely. Then rebuild the industry as a Disneyworld, family type attraction. Pure as winter snow. 

Of course we all know this will be a dismal failure. I expect no more than 4-5 million tourists a year, 5-10 years from now, and for that trend of diminishing arrivals to continue, for the next 50 years. News bulletin! They killed the golden goose. 

It is time to admit that the tourism industry has been sabotaged to the point where it will never recover, to any meaningful extent. Ever. Decades from now it will be limping along, and thousands of large hotels will either be closed, or they will attempt to convert them into low priced condos. Eventually many will be razed to the ground. Trillions of dollars in tourism infrastructure down the toilet. Prayuth, Phiphat will go down in history as the men who destroyed the Thai economy, and set the nation on a scorched earth path toward a position of 80th in the world, in GDP, and a dramatic decline of the standard of living, for all but him, his cronies, and the very rich. 

Bring back Taksin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Note the infographic isn't worth the pixels wasted on it.

The insurance does not have to be via a Thai company,

Thailand Pass will be at https://tp.consular.go.th/ not the URL in the first column.

The COE is not required although they list it in column 2.

Hope so...... ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Note the infographic isn't worth the pixels wasted on it.

The insurance does not have to be via a Thai company,

Thailand Pass will be at https://tp.consular.go.th/ not the URL in the first column.

The COE is not required although they list it in column 2.

Welcome to the confusion of this opening.............from official bodies

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Welcome to the confusion of this opening.............from official bodies

You know, I'm getting to the stage where my reply to that is...."No thanks but YOU are welcome to it!"

This lot could **** up a wet dream!!!!! ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Surely as an expat you must have insurance right who would ever think of not having health insurance but then again there’s always go fund me

Surely? I'm was already insured cover is unlimited. Yes I had to pay out of pocket overseas.

Now I need insurance for my visa thanks to "a few deadbeats" Another policy. The company cannot provide the foreign insurance certificate for valid reasons. In 2021 I needed travel insurance to get the $100,000 covid 19 insurance. Another policy. Another nifty thousand dollar slice  of paper useful only to proffer to Thai immigration.

I read the policy cover to cover wonder what it actually covers that is not excluded???? If I fell off a motorbike I would just pay myself anyway.

Now from Nov 1 2021 it has to be $50,000 dollar insurance "from Thai company". Another policy? No thanks I'm done with it this year maybe January.

Edited by Captain Monday

Maybe by January 1st when the tourists are still only trickling in, the Elite, and Hi So owners of the

entertainment industry will be making the government actually do away with the present restrictions and rules

such as the special COVID insurance, etc. If Thailand wants to say it is open, then just open the country

back up. Open the entertainment areas, and the bars, as well as the restaurants.  Some of you should know

that most of the tourists have every thing open in the countries that they are coming from. Why would they travel to 

any country that has businesses closed?

Geezer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Prayuth, Phiphat will go down in history as the men who destroyed the Thai economy, and set the nation on a scorched earth path toward a position of 80th in the world, in GDP, and a dramatic decline of the standard of living, for all but him, his cronies, and the very rich.

Agreed, but since the rich write history I don't think they'll go 'down' in a negative way.  The maniacal, half-witted, religious extremists that run Thailand will be overjoyed at their success in turning the country into another Myanmar.  They, their families and friends will all get richer, and face even less restrictions on what they can do and get away with, combined with the added benefit of keeping the dirty foreigners out of their paradise.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Bring back Taksin!

Soon a wellfare system may need to be in place as people won't be able to afford food, meanwhile private interests will be buying up bargains, small business will be swallowed by franchises, but you won't be able to afford a burger, petrol, or a car. 

This is happening now worldwide not only in Los no more, but everywhere the plan is lockdown, small businesses go to the wall, and people depending on the State. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I'm curious what a tourist is supposed to do at nighttime, in the TAT's opinion. If everything remains closed, lifting the curfew is just window dressing.

Won't girls be allowed into hotel rooms either, maybe a RT PCR 48 hours before engagement will suffice 

• Haha 1

Many Tourist don't go to Thailand for the sex trade. The go to see how the other people live, walk along footpaths that have vendors on them enjoy the different way of live style that can give them memories of both good and bad. Not traveling thousand of miles and long hours to sit in some restraurant or cafe and back to hotel can do this at home.  In short all I can say is:___

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM.      ???? ????.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Could be that way. It begs the question what will happen to all the real estate in say pattaya that 'was' reliant on dare I say 'the sex industry'?

Will it all end up as family restaurants, Indian tailors and Chinese take aways?

It's all going to be very interesting to say the least.

A lot of other countries have busy tourist businesses that don't rely on an in  your face sex industry.

Well.. it surely would not be Chinese takeaways... They do not come here to spend money. They pay tours and when they leave their hotels they only take photos. Go back to hotel for their free food.. and do what the travel companies tell them to do. Which doesn't support the locals at all. As for the Russians and indians.. they are smart enough not to invest in having a business now without tourist now that actually spend money

10 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Surely as an expat you must have insurance right who would ever think of not having health insurance but then again there’s always go fund me

Sorry that your life means you can't comprehend that people wouldn't have insurance, but some of us have had very successful lives so that we don't need it, it's called self funded retirement which includes paying your own medical bills

Edited by aussiexpat

When family and friends ask why I would retire in Thailand when I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Australia, I always answer "because it's cheap and every night can be like New Years Eve if you want it to be"

Sadly, the November 1 plan is not that so I would not reccomend it to anyone ????

19 hours ago, Gandtee said:

That's going to go up like a lead balloon. Places of entertainment closed??? So what is the point of this announcement? It's certainly not going to entice any tourists. The next announcement will be all tourists will have to join the monkhood for fourteen days on entry.????

Males over 20 and under  30 will have to report for military service tending officers fighting cocks and their wives’ veggie patches.

11 hours ago, Thalueng said:

7 for inoculated people from other than the 45 low-risk countries, 14 for people from high-risk countries without inoculation, you could read it up if you wanted. Just wondering why so many who post here need such negative comments to hide their lack of knowledge or understanding.

Understanding sarcasm and a whole art not within everyone's reach

21 hours ago, Gandtee said:

That's going to go up like a lead balloon. Places of entertainment closed??? So what is the point of this announcement? It's certainly not going to entice any tourists. The next announcement will be all tourists will have to join the monkhood for fourteen days on entry.????

According to the saying, lead balloons go down. No idea how they bloody got up there in the first place, mind 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

When family and friends ask why I would retire in Thailand when I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Australia, I always answer "because it's cheap and every night can be like New Years Eve if you want it to be"

Sadly, the November 1 plan is not that so I would not reccomend it to anyone ????

I see you have been dreaming of the past for two years like all of us, now it is all a desolation and I doubt that you will be able to go back to the past since the new norm will be the covid forever.

Thailand is in the red zone and opens up to tourists from 41 countries what can go wrong.

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Your not wrong, just too expensive to holiday in au, especially when you don't get a handout from the gov.

21 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I don’t think they believe that the numbers will be great at the start. It’s just part of the process for kick starting tourism off again. It’s a stepping stone to see what impact an increase in numbers will have over what they have now will have so they can gauge the timing of the next phase., whilst reaching their vac targets. 

Not indifferent to what other countries did once they planned their reopening. 

Don't know of any other country with liquor bans though