Thailand ranked among the top 6 places in the world to retire

webfact

1 minute ago, MrMo said:

If you do come you can easily make a small fortune.   Just make sure you are starting with a large one.

And be prepared to pay a ton for medical, no matter whether the private or state.   

The state hospitals have a policy of multiplying the standard charge by up to to 3 fold for us farang.   And medical insurance has a limit depending upon how high a premium you are prepared to pay.

Medical ins has a limit? well I never! 

• Haha 1

Right so Canada & Australia & Arg. (Nonsense) but no Italy or Malaysia.

Thats why so many Canucks & Ozzies are in Thailand, is it ?

Some correlation though with recent OP Three Top Retirement Countries.

Portugal, Spain, Phil. France.

Thailand my fifth ranked place if starting from scratch.

Which none of us here are…..

When somebody reads the comments he will surely wonder why there are millions of expats living in the country with road potholes,  crazy drivers, flying overhead cables, silly handworkers, not to speaking about the bureaucracy and overgrown corruption of junta govt.  

Why they do not like to live peacefully and happily in their perfect countries?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Post junta era? Maybe.

Right now? Not.

Yep … Whoever wrote this article is basing this on TAT information … It’s a country that would cause more worry and heartbreak for any pensioner 

• Like 2

When I see Argentina in 3rd place, I can tell you immediately that this tittle is 100% misleading. I have been living 8 years as a retiree in this country and I can tell you it's no fun at all, although it's a wonderful place to visit as a tourist. But living there as a retiree, with the high insecurity, 50% inflation and the cost of things, forget it. By the way, I moved from Argentina to Thailand, still as a retiree, and except the constraints of the immigration,(it's also an ashole in Argentina for 3 years but after you have the permanent residency), I do not regret my choice even if all is not looking rosy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing which would definitely put people off from retiring to Thailand, Not able to own your own house. Yes, Yes, I know there are ways, but look at all the hoops one has to jump through and the added cost involved.

If one could purchase one rai of land and build, knowing it could be passed on to children/grandchildren, it may be worth it, but finding something to rent at a reasonable price in a nice area...?????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Can samui said:

Except…..they really dont want us here.

Like who exactly? Every Thai I know is very happy that we are here.  Perhaps you are talking about a government that puts rules in place to stop low life people with no money living here?  Good on them. Or perhaps because you are a farang ( I assume) you think that you should have an open house to live unencumbered in any country you take a fancy to? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It's not mentioned how many people were asked if any.

Probably they used statistics or other easy papers for Interpretation.

Probably without looking into Infrastructure, crime rates, death tolls, political stability aso.

If you got enough Money in your pockets......France is beautiful.????

• Like 1