Thailand ranked among the top 6 places in the world to retire

webfact

30 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Hmmm... I have a few friends that left Thailand for Cambodia. They have nothing but good things to say about it.  One lived in Thailand for 12 years and has no intention of ever returning.  Both they it's cheaper, the women are nicer, visas are a breeze,and the one guy was offered a job three weeks after moving there.  He loves it, as his pension now goes into his home bank every month and he lives off of his income there.  Sure as hell can't do that here.  At least not legally.

What sort of job?

Yes we know Cambodia is much easier visa wise for retirees but surely there are tradeoffs such as lower level medical care.

On 10/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

You may even be asked for a bribe if you interact with any of these departments as has happened to me at Samut Prakarn Immigration when attempting to renew a Non-B visa extension with work permit.

If you met the requirements for Non-B visa renewal and they do the "asking" (versus you do the "offering") would that technically be extortion, instead of bribery?

1 hour ago, WinterGael said:

Hmmm... I have a few friends that left Thailand for Cambodia. They have nothing but good things to say about it.  One lived in Thailand for 12 years and has no intention of ever returning.  Both they it's cheaper, the women are nicer, visas are a breeze,and the one guy was offered a job three weeks after moving there.  He loves it, as his pension now goes into his home bank every month and he lives off of his income there.  Sure as hell can't do that here.  At least not legally.

That's great that they enjoy it over there,siem reap is  the only place I would recommend to live  there, cost of living would be similar to Chiang Mai.,the only place in Cambodia with decent food. 

22 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

BS. There are more Brits as residents in France than in Thailand. Even they have to learn driving on the right side and to learn to Deal with a Tow Truck.????

there may still be lots of Brits as residents in France but I guess you are out of touch with how many want to leave after Brexit ! Talk to any property agency and they have loads of British owned properties the owners of which want to leave asap !!  Also can't understand what you are on about re driving on the left or right ???  What has that got to do with anything about having an accident , getting one's car towed away and being left abandoned by the Police ,at night in the middle of nowhere ??   

16 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Of course!  And as I pointed out earlier, to retire in Canada is just about the most stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.  Everyone here - EVERYONE  - does not want to be here in the winter.  No matter where you are it is nothing short of horrible.  

yes , I know only too well having worked and lived in New Brunswick for 5 years !!  

12 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

there may still be lots of Brits as residents in France but I guess you are out of touch with how many want to leave after Brexit ! Talk to any property agency and they have loads of British owned properties the owners of which want to leave asap !!  Also can't understand what you are on about re driving on the left or right ???  What has that got to do with anything about having an accident , getting one's car towed away and being left abandoned by the Police ,at night in the middle of nowhere ??   

To be honest I don't know how **** someone can be not to go to the garage with the tow Truck but standing left alone. 

I would day it was not your best day by far ????

8 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

To be honest I don't know how **** someone can be not to go to the garage with the tow Truck but standing left alone. 

I would day it was not your best day by far ????

just for the record , the truck disappeared while I was dealing with the Police !

On 10/26/2021 at 9:37 PM, jerrymahoney said:

In the US election system, the nominees for the US President are on the ballot and the voters directly choose their choice of nominee.

So it is quite proper to say the PM of UK is 'un-elected' by the UK citizenry.

It's a given that the leader of the winning party in a UK election becomes PM.

Also, in the UK, the PM is only the head of the government, not the head of state. It's a different system.

Germany has a President whose elected by other politicians, not by the people, but he's only a 'ceremonial' President, not like a US President, who has massive (executive) powers in comparison.

10 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

The more details the more embarrasing for you.

Maybe you should have called your Mom and ask what to do?????????

well that's very nice of you !!!  I had just come back from the UK from her funeral !   thank you