Hotel tycoon calls for Thailand to ease restrictions on alcohol

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“I recognize that public officials may have concerns about the impact of alcohol sales on COVID

transmission rates. However, a distinction should be made in the conditions and environments in which alcohol is present. 

Which exactly why clubs and bars have been exempt from opening and alcohol sale are available;e from many other establishments.

bars have proved time and time again that they cannot abide by any regulations set.

Thong Lor is a great example.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Gonna have to get rid of the test on arrival and first night quarantine before meaningful numbers even begin to arrive.

Agreed ….. it will be last quarter 2022 before any reasonable quantity of tourists return… Thais can only hope for the return(Maybe) of  the ones who left for security and home

It's good to see that someone has been reading my posts 

Already mentioned about alcohol being made available in Restaurants 

I am waiting for this to Happen before I will travel to Bangkok 

But also should be available in the rest of the Country Restaurants wise 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“To that end, I humbly request that restrictions on alcohol sales in Bangkok be lifted by November

Replace the above word Bangkok with.....all of Thailand

In particular bars, clubs and establishments where people get s-hit faced, otherwise life is just going to continue to be boring for some.

Edited by 4MyEgo

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

In a country that bans the sale of alcohol on most public holidays... Thailand is truly backwards.

A few public holidays , not most, Why ? Because the country is a predominately Buddhist country . Backwards ? Ask your self that 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The foreigner isn't saying anything new. Just like we all know that COVID doesn't go home at 9 p.m.  so they changed it to 10p.m.  and now 11p.m.  This may actually  make him look like hes the reason that alcohol  and bars will open.  But many already speculate  that alcohol  may be sold again by the 15th if not the first already.  More public  relations  is all this is geared at for the tycoon