1st November 2021 Suvanabhumi PCR Test & Quarantine protocols

Tosseroon

Questions are: PCR test on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport

Do I have to book a RT-PCR test from UK, or will it be done when I arrive at immigration?

Which  airport  hotels are qualified for overnight Covid-19 quarantine and when will they be published so I can book a room.

How do I transfer from the airport to the hotel, or are all taxis qualified for Covid-19 quarantine transfers?

How will I be notified of the result of the test?

If I fail how do I arrange a second test?

I hope you appreciate the need for this basic information that the authorities have seemed to ignore or forgotten to address 

Thanks

As far as I am aware, there is no PCR test on arrival at Suvanabhumi, you will be taken either a) directly to the hotel where a nurse will take the sample or b) to a test center and then to your hotel . Transport will be arranged by the hotel.

A number of hotels approved for the 'test&go' one night scheme are shown here: https://ASQ.in.th/1DAY. The price should include the PCR test and transport. I think the results of the PCR will be reported by e-mail.

Apparently if you test positive, you will be taken to a hospital 'for further tests'. Most of this info. was taken from Richard Barrow's site.

I booked a Pattaya 1 day SHA+/AQ hotel yesterday for 4th November. On the hotel confirmation it says:

• 1 SWAB Test
• Airport pick up from Suvarnabhumi International Airport

So I'm guessing that the hotel's partner hospital does the test on check-in at the hotel.

• Like 1

What are the quarantine requirements arriving from Guam?
I am considering flying to Guam to get a booster for my J&J as I am uncertain how long it will be before I can get a booster here in Thailand.
But I don't know what quarantine category Guam is in.  
Might it be considered the same as the US?

59 minutes ago, thirdculture said:

What are the quarantine requirements arriving from Guam?
I am considering flying to Guam to get a booster for my J&J as I am uncertain how long it will be before I can get a booster here in Thailand.
But I don't know what quarantine category Guam is in.  
Might it be considered the same as the US?

Same as the US.   Just did the inbound COE thing from there last month.   It's a boring (but beautiful) and safe choice.   They're something like 80% fully vaxxed there and it was 'big' news on days when they would have more than 20 new cases.

Edited by Heng

As others have written: There is no PCR test at the Airport upon arrival. 

For Vaccinated Bangkok Arrivals under the ‘test and go’ scheme PCR tests are carried out at the AQ Quarantine hotel (hotel partners with a nearby hospitals). 

For this scheme packages are sold including:

- Airport Transfer (SHA+ vehicle)

- PCR test (carried out upon arrival at the AQ hotel)

- 1 Night in a hotel

Other Info:

- Food / Meals may or may not be included and are dependant on package. 

- Once a Negative PCR result is issued the ‘guest’ is free to leave

- Arrivals later than 6pm may be charged an additional night (at some hotels / packages)

There are already plenty of hotels which offer the 1 night packages which range from approximately 4300 baht upwards to about 10,000 baht (depending on hotel). 

Thai’s also receive a discount on their PCR test (500 baht subsidised by the government I believe).