Home Solar Upgrade

how much are you paying for labour and additional bits (frame) to fit?

i am planning to add solar to a new house

for others looking
Nruit are also distributers of growatt so should be straight forward to import both items from same supplier
the Growatt 5kw invertor is available on lazada for 32k baht

Edited by patman30

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, merijn said:

I'm thinking to install solar for mine own house.

Is it possible to supply to the grit if you produce to much electricity for your own usage ?

And if so how is this metered ?

In our case the PEA (Provinclal Electricity Authority) installed a separate meter. It cost us a few thousand baht.

• Like 1

1/ What do you think will be the finale cost figure when completed  Blackprince?

2/ What sort of monthly  Power bills were you getting before this installation?

Your  work looks very professional.---thanks for the video and explaining it all.

2 hours ago, merijn said:

I'm thinking to install solar for mine own house.

Is it possible to supply to the grit if you produce to much electricity for your own usage ?

And if so how is this metered ?

I looked at the program when I first installed solar 3 years ago. Then the feed in credit was 1.68 baht per kilowatt-hour now I think it's 2.2. There was a cap of 5kW solar PV for single phase and 10kW for 3 phase. Your solar equipment had to be on the PEA approved list. I have 4 inverters and none of them are on the list.

The final reason I didn't go for it was that as I am off-grid,  PEA credits are not much use to me.

Disclaimer: The information above have changed over the last 3 years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

1/ What do you think will be the finale cost figure when completed  Blackprince?

2/ What sort of monthly  Power bills were you getting before this installation?

Your  work looks very professional.---thanks for the video and explaining it all.

1. My final cost figure wouldn't help as I got the parts virtually free.

2. I have two installations. One for a business premises, the other for home. The PEA have provided a discount for the business premises for the last 10 years. So again, comparisons with what other people may be paying wouldn't help.

I haven't posted any videos of this, so I think you must be confusing me with someone else.

I know nothing about electrical engineering, or even basic electrical maintenance, which is why I haven't got involved in any of the technical discussions here.

• 9 months later...

@Bandersnatch Great topic and good to see your system's evolution!

Does your system have a BMS that monitors the batteries, provides battery protection, estimates the batteries' operational state, continuously optimizes battery performance, and reports operational status?

Or do the Growatt inverters do that for you?

2 hours ago, Encid said:

@Bandersnatch Great topic and good to see your system's evolution!

Does your system have a BMS that monitors the batteries, provides battery protection, estimates the batteries' operational state, continuously optimizes battery performance, and reports operational status?

Or do the Growatt inverters do that for you?

nRuit and Growatt are designed to work together. The Growatts manage the batteries and I can monitor their status though the Growatt app.

The video below was filmed during the testing and debugging phase just after installation and it will give you a better idea of the nRuit and Growatt interface 

I apologise in advance for possibly the most boring video on YouTube 

Edited by Bandersnatch
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Bandersnatch said:

Batteries: Definitely the most expensive part. I got quoted a great Ex Factory price by https://www.facebook.com/NRUIT.Thailand but I left the importing hassles to my Thai importer and I paid ฿68,000 each

https://www.nruitpower.com/product/powerporter-9kwh/

That was not too bad price, You know what batteries they used in the unit? Do you feel any benefits to have communication between inverter and battery?

Pink

1 hour ago, Pink7 said:

That was not too bad price, You know what batteries they used in the unit? Do you feel any benefits to have communication between inverter and battery?

Pink

A0B6FCDF-1370-4FB9-9DB1-0060707A0502.jpeg.7595e1cb804bf5d5693828b508efa5ad.jpeg

I get accurate information on the condition of the batteries on my phone and on a day like today when it has been raining all day that it very helpful 

F03CE500-1563-4922-BA5E-8FB5B1988FA0.jpeg.f25e4638f13db14eb47c9a32b7023e8d.jpeg

• 4 months later...
On 11/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, Bandersnatch said:

I looked at the program when I first installed solar 3 years ago. Then the feed in credit was 1.68 baht per kilowatt-hour now I think it's 2.2. There was a cap of 5kW solar PV for single phase and 10kW for 3 phase. Your solar equipment had to be on the PEA approved list. I have 4 inverters and none of them are on the list.

The final reason I didn't go for it was that as I am off-grid,  PEA credits are not much use to me.

Disclaimer: The information above have changed over the last 3 years 

Hi Bandersnatch. Can you share some info on Inverter and battery capacity vs ability to fully offgrid? 

Pink

Edited by Pink7