Shocking Defeat for Big Pharma

placeholder

"Fluvoxamine is used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It helps decrease persistent/unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and urges to perform repeated tasks (compulsions such as hand-washing, counting, checking) that interfere with daily living. Fluvoxamine is known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). This medication works by helping to restore the balance of a certain natural substance (serotonin) in the brain."

When they recommend taking mind altering drugs to combat a disease that more than 99% of people survive, we truly are in the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley.

Soma anyone?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

From the linked article:

"...the drug has other biological properties that could quell inflammation triggered by COVID-19, says child psychiatrist Angela Reierse"

Note that this is potential treatment, and not a prophylaxis.

Unfortunately this appears to be OTC here so expect a run on the pharmacies. If you require this for your OCD maybe stock up now?

Fluvoxers Assemble.

• Like 2

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/covid-19-molnupiravir-antiviral-pill-merck-generic-manufacturing-2272522

Merck & Co has signed a licensing agreement with the United Nations-backed Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) that will allow more companies to manufacture generic versions of its experimental oral antiviral COVID-19 treatment, the United States drugmaker and the organisation announced on Wednesday (Oct 27).

Merck said that the royalty-free licence would apply to 105 low- and middle-income countries. It allows manufacturers selected by MPP to make generic versions of molnupiravir, the antiviral pill Merck has developed with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

When they recommend taking mind altering drugs to combat a disease that more than 99% of people survive, we truly are in the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley.

Soma anyone?

You are not thinking clearly.

If 1% die from Covid, that’s 3 million Americans.

I would say that saving lives is pretty important.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are not thinking clearly.

If 1% die from Covid, that’s 3 million Americans.

I would say that saving lives is pretty important.

Yes, and it's not just about dying. Perhaps 10 million or more would have a troublesome and even chronic illness that can/ and does undermine the health system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe the results of another study on Ivermectin will find good results too ?

Perhaps the fact that the only two randomised studies to show clear positive effects for ivermectin have both been revealed to contain faked data will give you a clue that the actual outcome of these studies was that there was no effect (or they wouldn't have needed to fake them).

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01535-y

• Like 1

7 hours ago, partington said:

Perhaps the fact that the only two randomised studies to show clear positive effects for ivermectin have both been revealed to contain faked

Apparently there are 2 new studies going on in the US as well as one at Oxford university in the UK.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scicheck-ongoing-clinical-trials-will-decide-whether-or-not-ivermectin-is-safe-effective-for-covid-19/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, johng said:

Apparently there are 2 new studies going on in the US as well as one at Oxford university in the UK.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scicheck-ongoing-clinical-trials-will-decide-whether-or-not-ivermectin-is-safe-effective-for-covid-19/

These studies are large enough, well-regulated enough and conducted by impeccable researchers. I would accept the findings of these studies as absolutely definitive in settling the question for good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, partington said:

These studies are large enough, well-regulated enough and conducted by impeccable researchers. I would accept the findings of these studies as absolutely definitive in settling the question for good.

Just because there's a study, doesn't mean this drug will work.  Lots of studies have already been completed and found the drug didn't help.  Not sure why you guys are so stuck on this. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Just because there's a study, doesn't mean this drug will work.  Lots of studies have already been completed and found the drug didn't help.  Not sure why you guys are so stuck on this. 

Baffling...the more science that is done, and the more rigorous the science, the more evidence is gained and the more trustworthy are the conclusions.

The truth is there have been no adequately performed randomised blinded clinical trials of ivermectin to date.  The two that did exist and were responsible for basically all the positive efficacy effects observed in metastudies were faked, rendering those conclusions invalid.

Other studies have been ludicrously poorly carried out, not randomised not controlled adequately and sometimes just unjustifiable post-hoc correlations that mean nothing.

Of course my view is that ivermectin is useless against Covid-19 - this is a social media fuelled idiocy, and it needs to be put down for good.  These studies will do that. The fact that important and well respected research groups such as the Oxford group are doing these studies demonstrates that in their view the question still needs necessary research, or they wouldn't be wasting time and money on them.

And if they show there really is any benefit derived from ivermectin I will be the first to retract this opinion, because that is what gathering high quality evidence is for!

Edited by partington
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, partington said:

Baffling...the more science that is done, and the more rigorous the science, the more evidence is gained and the more trustworthy are the conclusions.

The truth is there have been no adequately performed randomised blinded clinical trials of ivermectin to date.  The two that did exist and were responsible for basically all the positive efficacy effects observed in metastudies were faked, rendering those conclusions invalid.

Other studies have been ludicrously poorly carried out, not randomised not controlled adequately and sometimes just unjustifiable post-hoc correlations that mean nothing.

Of course my view is that ivermectin is useless against Covid-19 - this is a social media fuelled idiocy, and it needs to be put down for good.  These studies will do that. The fact that important and well respected research groups such as the Oxford group are doing these studies demonstrates that in their view the question still needs necessary research, or they wouldn't be wasting time and money on them.

And if they show there really is any benefit derived from ivermectin I will be the first to retract this opinion, because that is what gathering high quality evidence is for!

Numerous studies have been done to put ivermectin as a remedy for covid to rest. Amazing some can't give it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, partington said:

There's a fascinating article in theatlantic.com about how researchers who are doing forensic peer review are catching out fraudulent science including, but not limited to, ivermectin studies. The author is himself a forensic researcher.  He points out that in the case of various covid studies, it's the more shoddy research that tends to show the beneficial effects of covid.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/10/ivermectin-research-problems/620473/

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, Gsxrnz said:

"Fluvoxamine is used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It helps decrease persistent/unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and urges to perform repeated tasks (compulsions such as hand-washing, counting, checking) that interfere with daily living. Fluvoxamine is known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). This medication works by helping to restore the balance of a certain natural substance (serotonin) in the brain."

Soma anyone?

That's interesting because I have OCD. So I could kill two birds with one stone. ????

I never knew there was a medicine for OCD. I just thought one lives with it and gets on with life!

David Beckham has OCD as well. ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Haha 1