Flying in 4 days, no sign of COE yet?

I guess it is different from embassy to embassy. I am flying November 1st from Denmark, I sent in the second part of the COE Wednesday morning and got the COE early Thursday morning.

You could call them and ask when you can expect the COE; it is rather nerve wrecking not knowing if one is able to fly or not with only a few days left.

2 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I guess it is different from embassy to embassy. I am flying November 1st from Denmark, I sent in the second part of the COE Wednesday morning and got the COE early Thursday morning.

You could call them and ask when you can expect the COE; it is rather nerve wrecking not knowing if one is able to fly or not with only a few days left.

Tried calling I was 39 in the queue, I waited 45 mins and gave up. Did you do the COE with just 1 night AQ? I was told they are excepting that.

I got the COE with 1 night at an SHA+ hotel in Phuket, even though the official recommendation is to book 7 days and then try to get money back from the hotel. If your hotel is a AQ in Bangkok, there should be less reason to worry.

11 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I got the COE with 1 night at an SHA+ hotel in Phuket, even though the official recommendation is to book 7 days and then try to get money back from the hotel. If your hotel is a AQ in Bangkok, there should be less reason to worry.

Yes mine is a 1 night AQ in Bangkok, just can't get to speak to anyone at the Thai Embassy in London. I need to book onward travel from Bangkok as I have a house in Issan, I don't want to lose anymore money if I don't fly.

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is the ride from airport to hotel and the RT-PCR test upon arrival booked separately from room or does the 1 night package include all the above?

The 1 night package you can book in Bangkok includes all of it. In Phuket they do not yet (at least not two days ago) offer 1 night packages. I had to book hotel and PCR test separately. The hotel I booked at includes pickup from the airport; I guess they do that always, they are situated next to the airport.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Got the pre-approval, uploaded my flight and AQ 1 day stay, got an email saying documents recieved, had nothing back yet, do they leave it till the last 48 hours before flying? Thanks for the replies.

Same here UK flight out on 4 Nov, Pre-approved on 26 Oct, submitted flights and Bangkok AQ hotel package same day. Confirmation email to say they received it, then not heard anything.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is the ride from airport to hotel and the RT-PCR test upon arrival booked separately from room or does the 1 night package include all the above?

All the above,I booked mine on Agoda, the cheapest was around £95, includes transporation, Covid Test, 3 meals, and hopefully a happy ending! ????

1 hour ago, Uakari said:

Same here UK flight out on 4 Nov, Pre-approved on 26 Oct, submitted flights and Bangkok AQ hotel package same day. Confirmation email to say they received it, then not heard anything.

Just got mine 10 mins ago..such a relief, you will get yours today...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Nebula said:

Similar boat.  US flight out on 5 Nov, Pre-approved on the 25th.  Still waiting for final approval.

Get the feeling they leave it the last 4 days before departure, as the Covid situation is fluid, and laws change seems like everyday in the last 12 months...

3 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

All the above,I booked mine on Agoda, the cheapest was around £95, includes transporation, Covid Test, 3 meals, and hopefully a happy ending! ????

I don't think the happy ending part is included, but there are probably some places nearby.

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I have the same question.  Reading the gov't info it would seem to indicate that is what the SHA+ hotels would typically do.  However, it's not clear to me if they are required to do that or not.

Same story in Canada. Never answer the phones or emails. But I got my pre-approval today, Oct. 29, after less than 48 hours. Not bad indeed. Uploaded ticket and hotel proof. What? Yet another approval stage? Flight late on Nov. 3. Processing the COE must be a headache for embassy staff. And such a struggle for travellers. I'd never wish the COE on anyone.

I really can't see a whole lot of improvement coming with Thailand Pass either.

36 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The ride to hotel and RT-PCR test are included with ASQ hotels but not with SHA+ hotels, although the ride to the hotel may be included with some SHA+ hotels.  That's why I booked a ASQ hotel.  It may have been a little more expensive but was easier to book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Got the pre-approval, uploaded my flight and AQ 1 day stay, got an email saying documents received, had nothing back yet, do they leave it till the last 48 hours before flying? Thanks for the replies.

I received my "fully" approved COE within 24 hours of submitting the required documents and it was more than 48 hours prior to the flight.  I submitted the required documents on Monday afternoon and received the approved COE on Tuesday afternoon.  My flight is Saturday afternoon. 

However, my understanding is that if you have an approved COE prior to 1 November, it will be honored.  If it not approved prior to the 1st, you need to apply through the Thailand Pass website.

1 hour ago, don43451 said:

However, my understanding is that if you have an approved COE prior to 1 November, it will be honored.  If it not approved prior to the 1st, you need to apply through the Thailand Pass website.

If your flight is before 7 November COE can be used, after 7 November TP.

6 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

I guess that is Bangkok because I only see Sha plus on Agoda for Phuket. I am guessing that you can just get your Rt -Pcr test done on arrival at the Phuket airport. I sent an email to my asking and was told to wait until after the new thailandpass rollout. Anyone have any ideas about the Phuket airport test on arrival?? Thank you 

I am arriving November 2nd, and they told me that I will get the test at Phuket airport. I booked the test separate from the hotel. However, this may change when they are up and running with the new Thailand Pass.

I guess that you arrive after November 8th since they told you to wait and use Thailand Pass?

20 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I have booked Landmark hotel and they give a test and release package at 5900 baht including test and pickup.

When I paid they only want 3500 baht for room and pickup, the 2,400 baht they told me to pay direct for PCR on arrival at the hotel.

No breakfast either in that price, stingy swines!

Edited by Scouse123

The clincher with me to book Landmark is I know its a very good hotel but they allow changes in the event of positive PCR test in the UK or a full refund if cancelled 3 days or more. I find them as a hotel very fair and accommodating in these times regards unforeseen problems arising.

It does cut it a bit fine though to get a positive test result in the UK for some of us and then rearrange within the 72 hour time frame, but with same day service for PCR tests, it is doable.

Certain other AQ hotels are not offering the refund service at all. You have to check the small print.

Buyer beware!

On 10/29/2021 at 5:24 AM, Gjk7777 said:

I need to book onward travel from Bangkok as I have a house in Issan, I don't want to lose anymore money if I don't fly.

This is something you can do in person at the airport.  Local flights are never full and can always be booked last minute. 

On 10/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, Rex Nebula said:

Similar boat.  US flight out on 5 Nov, Pre-approved on the 25th.  Still waiting for final approval.

I was in a similar situation. I had to call the embassy several times, have my wife call the Thai language line several times and send a message to the embassy via Facebook Messenger before I finally found someone who was willing to help me at the Washington D.C. Embassy. To compound matters, I was getting conflicting messages (sound familiar?) from different staffers, i.e., one woman with whom I spoke told me I was too late, i.e., that the embassy was no longer processing COE applications, and the next staffer simply asked me for my six digit code and said “check your email.” I received my final approval about an hour later. An anxious roller coaster ride, to be sure.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Gjk7777 said:

Yes mine is a 1 night AQ in Bangkok, just can't get to speak to anyone at the Thai Embassy in London. I need to book onward travel from Bangkok as I have a house in Issan, I don't want to lose anymore money if I don't fly.

Don't need to book internal travel at all. At least that's one less thing to worry about

12 hours ago, Letseng said:

Tried to book 1 day "Test&Go". Was asked to send details. Landmark Hotel never came back. Any other hotel recommendation? Approx. similar to Landmark 

Go to Agoda, and type in Bangkok in the search bar with your dates, and a pop up should appear saying "Do you want an AQ Hotel" loads to choose from now..

The OP did leave his COE entry until a bit late. I applied for mine 10 days before flying, took 5 days to pre-approval, but only 2 hours from second upload to approval! I think the first stage is done in Thailand, not the embassy. Calling the UK embassy is a waste of time, always 30+ in the queue. To many people confused as to what is happening, and calling up.

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

The OP did leave his COE entry until a bit late. I applied for mine 10 days before flying, took 5 days to pre-approval, but only 2 hours from second upload to approval! I think the first stage is done in Thailand, not the embassy. Calling the UK embassy is a waste of time, always 30+ in the queue. To many people confused as to what is happening, and calling up.

Totally agree. My partner's Mother died, and I need to get over there ASAP, I haven't seen my Daughter in 2 years. The first part I Submitted on the 26th Oct, got a response in 3 hours, they rejected it, they needed to see a flight date, so I thought this was going to be a quick, so I booked a flight, and 1 night AQ in Bangkok, for 7 days time (London to Bangkok Emeriates £488), 2 hours later I got a response saying "Your Transport documents have been recieved"..then it went quiet. Literally, 4 hours after posting  I got the COE, so the whole process took 4 days, waited 3 days for result. I get the impression they deal with the people who are flying first, I have heard people waiting 15 days for the COE, they obviously applied too early. I would recommend at least 7 working days for the London Embassy. Flying Tuesday, Covid test permitting.

• Like 1