I lost it tonight

Pravda

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pravda said:

Seriously a nation of p ... I just can't stand the country anymore.

So, not a nation of "p", whatever that is, just your wife.   You don't know anything about everyone else that you've included in your rant.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 10/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, HeijoshinCool said:

I lived in Mexico for a few years. Even the hot dog cart had two guys working; one taking money and making change, no gloves, the other with gloves only handling food. Taco carts the same.

I understand your frustration with stupidity (the vendor). I just shake my head in amazement. See them take off their masks to eat and set them, face side face down on the table, touch all kinds of condiments, pick up mask, put it back on after eating.

No sense whatsoever.

Luckily, the mask use doesn't really matter.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:17 PM, Chad3000 said:

Well then be a bit more particular about where you eat. But I will tell you something about that if you're that concerned about food poisoning than stay away from meat products. Fruit and vegetables really shouldn't make you ill even if the environment is a bit unsanitary.

Salad, especially lettuce is a very common cause of food poisoning.  I have a pretty cast iron stomach after a life lived in Asia yet my last nasty bout of food poisoning was after eating a fresh salad bowl from a nice restaurant.  I had nothing else to eat that entire day so there was no chance it was anything else. 

20 minutes ago, Chris.B said:
28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

..with huge numbers of people vaccinated.   

They could still be carriers breathing out the virus into the air. ☹️ They call that "Asymptomatic".

I'm well aware of that but the 'danger' is of next to no concern to those who are vaccinated!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:10 PM, Pravda said:

You gave me a lecture. What about idiot vendor? Yes, Thai always right. 

I never complained about her showering me with alcohol, I completed about double standards.

And what does November 1st have anything to do with me? That's for idiots who are arriving to this country. I can leave whenever I please. I got a place back home.

"I got a place back home".

So this isn't your home?

That says it all. 

You'll never fit in with that mindset.

2 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

"I got a place back home".

So this isn't your home?

That says it all. 

You'll never fit in with that mindset.

No it's not. Is it your home?

When is your next report due?

1 minute ago, Red Forever said:

Calm down mate.

Yes, this is my home.

My next report will be done over the phone in minutes. What an imposition!

Next question please.

Over the phone?

I do mine with a drone.

31 minutes ago, Chris.B said:
40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm well aware of that but the 'danger' is of next to no concern to those who are vaccinated!

Not concerned about being Asymptomatic then and spreading your <deleted> to others? ☹️

No more concerned than I would be about spreading the 'flu, why would the Covid vaccinated care?  You seriously think that masks stop the transmission of Covid?!     

By the way, it's not just me, what about your "spreading your <deleted> to others"?   Perhaps you're so perfect that you cannot transmit the virus, eh?       

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, Chad3000 said:

Well then be a bit more particular about where you eat. But I will tell you something about that if you're that concerned about food poisoning than stay away from meat products. Fruit and vegetables really shouldn't make you ill even if the environment is a bit unsanitary.

Majority of food poisoning comes from contamination in the preparation stages and is often found on the uncooked parts of the food.

Ive watched the women in Hua hin's food hall and as they move the raw chicken to the fryer often bits of the chicken juice drip off and often land on the salad or in this case the basket of limes, which then decorate the finished dish.

You wont get food poisoning from cooked meats. I generally avoid anything that is not cooked if its in the vicinity of raw meat products

I would have told my wife that every spray on or towards me cuts the monthly budget by 5k, it would end soon.

Why so many guys here let their wives be superior to them or even boss them around, amazes me. I am making the rules, or nobody does.

Know guys with 80 employees and yet they are home by 9pm because the wife says so, pathetic.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sead said:

Don't blame the whole country because you cant stand your wife. Sometimes its easier to divorce your wife than divorce whole Thailand

So true, seen many guys lighten up right after they divorced and rediscovering Thailand as a paradise.

• Like 1

OK. 

But soon, you will be feeling better. 

What you need to do is something called "anchoring". 

Imagine for a few seconds something worse... Like not being in Thailand, and trying to return to this good land. 

Frustration is unavoidable, anywhere. 

In my opinion, and from my experience, I have never lived in any place better, due principally to Thai culture. 

My love of Thailand, and Thai food, and Thai culture is something that I never joke about, but instead just honestly voice my own personal opinion and thoughts. 

I also never require any affirmation from others about my choice to live happily here. 

I hope my longstanding appreciation for this land will never change. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pravda said:

I was really disappointed she didn't say anything. The total hypocrisy regarding my behavior and "theirs". It's like nothing happened.

Yeah, I feel ya.

They can't find fault with their own kind, due to pride or something.

But they have little to no respect for others.

My ex wife is the same. A coconut could drive round a blind corner on the wrong side of the road towards us and if I even shake my head about it I get a load of BS for my negativity.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 2

Good you never went to fish market. i wonder how your your wife do that.

You have shrimps there and all the Thai women are grabbing into the pile of shrimps.

NOT washing hands at all before. Then after touching many shrimps, they rinse there fingers in a bowl of water with melon, at least if there is one. ALL in the same bowl to "clean" fingers.

And that is in a normal situation without corona. So how now in corona time?

And i can tell you that is not only Thailand.

But ok your wife is horribly afraid of corona, even phobic. Yeah sometimes people flip totally.

Ive seen people, engaging, making a very wide turn around me, couldnt help laughing. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:17 AM, Chad3000 said:

Meat is more risky, of course, but fruits and vegetables (produce) as well.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/food-poisoning/symptoms-causes/syc-20356230

In order to stop the protests the government has whipped the Thai people up into a frenzy of fear and panic, and those who do not embrace or study science, have bought into the coming Apocalypse. 

Frankly, I would not and do not tolerate this kind of utter nonsense. Your wife sounds completely out of control, and utterly obsessed. She is not going to die, and neither will you. This is NOT Bubonic plague. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

Not just you buddy, I have a group of about 20 guys (all well educated/traveled) that are married to Thai women in the US and all of us agree that when they step off the plane back here in Thailand, their IQ goes down 15 -20 points, their English goes to hell, and logic is right out the window.  We used to live here 2004 time frame for a bit over 3 years and almost divorced her then over this kind of behavior as she was making my life harder not easier as I had to look over her shoulder for anything that had to be done.  Went back to the US and all was good again.  Have now been here for a bit over 5 years this time and right back having the same kind of arguments based on lack of basic thinking/planning on her part as when we lived here before.  Only have about 1 more year to go and then back to the US.