All you need to know about Thailand Pass

at the first they were saying to apply max 7 days in advance amd have approval within 1-3 days.

Now they tell minimum 7 days and no indication how long needed for approval.

they did not asnwer their own question "how long does it need to process application".

Something is not right, if it will take them minimum a week to process.

Some other countries ask for application max 3 days before arrival.

Approval is instant.

Shambles.

Thank you prayuth, TAT, ministry of foreign affairs for stupid, bureaucratic procedures, which will give a mass of useless work for civil servants.

I will start looking now at options how to circumnavigate this labyrinth. Bribe anyone?

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Don't see anything difficult to understand there tbh, pretty comprehensive list of FAQ's.

it is not that it's difficult to understand, it is that it is unreasonably complicated. 

For instance. 

" can I change my travel dates after I have registered" 

Answer: " if you need to change your travel date, you need to re-register" 

Do you . amend your registration, or do you start another one. and If you start another one . It says" allow 7 days for registration" 

First why 7 days; do they have a very slow computer system?  and second what if your flight was canceled or you missed your flight , and you don't have seven days until your new flight? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

it is not that it's difficult to understand, it is that it is unreasonably complicated. 

For instance. 

" can I change my travel dates after I have registered" 

Answer: " if you need to change your travel date, you need to re-register" 

Do you . amend your registration, or do you start another one. and If you start another one . It says" allow 7 days for registration" 

First why 7 days; do they have a very slow computer system?  and second what if your flight was canceled or you missed your flight , and you don't have seven days until your new flight? 

Sounds to me like you're looing to make it hard...

Book and plan in advance, very simple.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Sounds to me like you're looing to make it hard...

Book and plan in advance, very simple.

So you are saying that if my flight is canceled, or if I miss my flight for any reason I should try to do it in advance? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, sirineou said:

So you are saying that if my flight is canceled, or if I miss my flight for any reason I should try to do it in advance? 

I'm saying you should plan in such away so this does not happen, it's not hard.

I've been getting about 50 flights a year for 20 years + and not missed one yet.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm saying you should plan in such away so this does not happen, it's not hard.

I've been getting about 50 flights a year for 20 years + and not missed one yet.

Yes but for over 50 years we did not have a pandemic. 

It seems to me you are ignoring the canceled flight portion of my question, How do you propose I prepare for that? 

even with the COE there was a mechanism to amend the COE in a timely fashion if your flight was canceled. I am not saying that there isn't one only that it is not reflected in this FAQ booklet. 

But it seems to me that you are more interested in defending your position rather than having a honest conversation about this, So this is the last I will say about this subject. 

• Like 2

Let's be grateful that we finally have this more detailed, more complete and more accurate information about the Thailand Pass registration.

On https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs, the same information is available as plain text, allowing copying and pasting of text segments if desired.

From what I can see, it is true that the currently available information does not cover the event of a cancelled and rescheduled flight. I on arrival at the departure airport and perhaps already checked in, the flight is cancelled and I am given a seat on the subsequent day's flight I have no time to wait for a new Thailand Pass approval several days later.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You answer your own question, it's been possible to change CoE due to cancellations, you think this will change with TP, why would it?

because they said that the Thai pass process for approval can take as long as 7 days.

When we did our CoE last may, we did have to cancel our flight and change it to a different one at an earlier date. to beat a new deadline imposed by the Thai gov. 

We got an amended Coe in less than 24 hrs, 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

because they said that the Thai pass process for approval can take as long as 7 days.

When we did our CoE last may, we did have to cancel our flight and change it to a different one at an earlier date. to beat a new deadline imposed by the Thai gov. 

We got an amended Coe in less than 24 hrs, 

Again, you've answered you're own question.

Conspicuously absent are any definitive statements about precisely what happens when someone tests positive, or someone else on the inbound plane tests positive.

Incarceration likely.

What about families during said incarceration? For example, a husband and wife traveling together... forcibly separated if one or both test positive? Children from parents? Etc.