Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

2 hours ago, StefanGer said:

I just got my Thailand Pass and wanted to share my experience. Our flight is going tomorrow and we have been applying for approval since November 1. 

1. On November 1, we got the API error like everyone else (seems this issue is generally solved now);

2. After solving the API issue by adding 4 spaces to the passport number (this is no longer necessary), I applied with a hotmail address: Got neither a confirmation nor an approval;

3. Yesterday I tried again using my business address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

4. Today I tried again using a web.de address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

5. I then made new pictures of my QR-Codes and tried again, using the same web.de address: Got approval within a second (literally).

I really don´t know what made the difference. I had all documents perfectly in place (including the QR-Codes) since the first day - the new pictures I sent were no different from the ones before.

So this is certainly not helpful - but it probably makes sense to try again several times if you don´t get a quick response (though that´s certainly not helping the system). Good luck to you all.

Very helpful, danke.

55 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

Can anyone that’s received a QR code advise what they used for the insurance effective date please. Insurance start date (same as arrival date?)? Or end date?

If your insurance policy states 'start date', that's the same meaning as 'effective date'.

If your insurance policy states 'effective date', that's the same meaning as 'start date'.

1 hour ago, LoVeFuN said:

I am living in Ireland but only have one EU vaccination cert are you saying you have 2. Or that you put the same certificate and QR codes in both vaccination 1 and 2 boxes

I have two certs. One is the EU vaccination cert and the other is on The Covid Tracker app which you can download to your phone. 

You probably dont need two but I used them as TP asked for Covid cert in two places

Screenshot_20210719-132958_COVID Tracker Ireland_LI (2).jpg

EU Covid Cert_LI.jpg

9 minutes ago, Zungu said:

Has anyone tried to scan and add their thailand pass to the Mor Chana app?

When i do it, it says "Error, Invalid Thailand Pass Information"

I got that message also but when I scanned   and opened QR code it said "Certificate Status-Valid". All the information was there. Probably a problem with Mor Chana. 

Edited by Emeraldisle
Typo

2 minutes ago, Emeraldisle said:

I got that message also but when I scanned and scanned and opened QR code it said "Certificate Status-Valid". All the information was there. Probably a problem with Mor Chana. 

Aah good to know. I just tried to scan it with google lens QR reader and it worked, it sent me to cert.tp.consular.go.th and show all my info so definitely a problem with Mor Chana.

• Like 1

I have been told my vaccine certificate needs to be in English.

I had my j&j shot in south America so that can't be changed.

I entered my details on 1 november onto the system and a few more attempts 2 and 3 november.  Confirmation emails received but no qr. I pre booked and paid for 1 night accomodation with airport pickup and per test plus an additional 10 nights in aq + hotel.

I then tried to register under the alternative quarantine section of thailand pass website with all the required documents and was sent an automated code straight away.

Either way. I will board with that qr code. So if any of you are in a panic and flights leaving soon I would suggest this . many ways to skin a cat

9 minutes ago, John Doe Bkk said:

I then tried to register under the alternative quarantine section of thailand pass website with all the required documents and was sent an automated code straight away.

Either way. I will board with that qr code. So if any of you are in a panic and flights leaving soon I would suggest this . many ways to skin a cat

I'll be doing exactly the same

31 minutes ago, Zungu said:

Has anyone tried to scan and add their thailand pass to the Mor Chana app?

When i do it, it says "Error, Invalid Thailand Pass Information"

Don't worry. Scanning the QR code doesn't work. You have to type in the number into Mor Chana. Then you'll be able to see the same info. 

1 hour ago, Emeraldisle said:

I have two certs. One is the EU vaccination cert and the other is on The Covid Tracker app which you can download to your phone. 

You probably dont need two but I used them as TP asked for Covid cert in two places

Screenshot_20210719-132958_COVID Tracker Ireland_LI (2).jpg

EU Covid Cert_LI.jpg

Excellent I have now got the two and will use the COVID tracker fully vaccinated for number1 along with QR code.

Did you upload the whole of the EU certificate or just the portion you have showed as half the info is upside down if you show the whole certificate?

55 minutes ago, John Doe Bkk said:

I have been told my vaccine certificate needs to be in English.

I had my j&j shot in south America so that can't be changed.

I entered my details on 1 november onto the system and a few more attempts 2 and 3 november.  Confirmation emails received but no qr. I pre booked and paid for 1 night accomodation with airport pickup and per test plus an additional 10 nights in aq + hotel.

think ive missed the point on this one. so you were going to test and go so now you payed for 10 day quarantine insted? so its just cost you more?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What's to wonder? The 6 get minimum 10-days at a Covid hospital along with the HRC's that were in the seats next to them. It's possible that the HRC's will get released after they test -ve on the third or fifth day.

What do you mean with HRC in the context of your post?

https://www.acronymfinder.com/HRC.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leelee77 said:

anyone from UK been successful with the NHS covid certificate? when i view my NHS covid QR code it does not show any info about me or my vaccine, just shows lots of random letters numbers and symbols. wondering if this could be the issue 

my nhs one shows my name at the top and below both qr codes for both jabs

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

If your insurance policy states 'start date', that's the same meaning as 'effective date'.

If your insurance policy states 'effective date', that's the same meaning as 'start date'.

As we were not sure of what to show, we decided to compile a lot of pages in a single JPG file. It included the front page of our purchase with details on the policy number, names, effective dates etc. Another page summarizing the cover. Lastly we added an e-mail from the insurance mentioning that it does cover for Covid. The JPG file looked like a patchwork of 8 sheets collated together (not like a scrolling pdf doc).

1 hour ago, 10years said:

Don't worry. Scanning the QR code doesn't work. You have to type in the number into Mor Chana. Then you'll be able to see the same info. 

Still says invalid for me when manually typing. Not that it matters much apparently.

18 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

my nhs one shows my name at the top and below both qr codes for both jabs

just spoke with nhs apparently the qr codes cant be read by normal qr scanners on phone, only machines in airports etc

Edited by leelee77
spelling and change of response

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Huh?

You can't see the difference between a mandatory 14/21 day quarantine and a 12/24 hour test-and-release program?

I was pointing out that most countries have various requirements for entry at the moment, and they rely on the airlines to check that passengers have the required documentation at checkin.

They don't try to check it all themselves beforehand on some poorly thought out web system.

So, i called the embassy in Vienna. I have been told that if I got the confirmation email, and not the QR code instantly, I should wait for 7 days as is mentioned in the email. If i dont get the QR code in time, then i have to postpone the flight (this got me mad as hell, because I did everything right, it is not my fault that I wouldnt have it). Then the lady told me that if i dont have it a day before my flight, I should contact them again. This thing is pissing me of so much. Especially the attitude. Thai located embassies (as far as I know) are not providing ANY official information, about the API errors, no emails coming through, QR codes not coming through. People are figuring it out like Sherlock Holmes. And when you get in touch with your local Thai Embassy, they tell you its not their fault

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikita22 said:

think ive missed the point on this one. so you were going to test and go so now you payed for 10 day quarantine insted? so its just cost you more?

No. I paid for 10 days in a hotel as I will be staying in bkk anyway. And it is an approved Aq+ hotel. I certainly don't intend to be stuck inside the hotel as I have all the correct documentation. But I will explain that when I arrive in bangkok. Rather that then rocking up at the departure airport without qr code. In the meantime I am still waiting for my thailand pass to be emailed to me. But if they don't I will fly with the qr code they sent me for the alternative quarantine. It was an automated email sent back straight away. It's up to you what you want to upload in terms of accomodatuon . I just happen to plan to stay the ten days anyway. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John Doe Bkk said:

No. I paid for 10 days in a hotel as I will be staying in bkk anyway. And it is an approved Aq+ hotel. I certainly don't intend to be stuck inside the hotel as I have all the correct documentation. But I will explain that when I arrive in bangkok. Rather that then rocking up at the departure airport without qr code. In the meantime I am still waiting for my thailand pass to be emailed to me. But if they don't I will fly with the qr code they sent me for the alternative quarantine. It was an automated email sent back straight away. It's up to you what you want to upload in terms of accomodatuon . I just happen to plan to stay the ten days anyway. 

Worked for me too, instant approval. Will speak to a human at BKK and explain the reason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, John Doe Bkk said:

this is... an interesting solution. I wonder, do you think that SHA+ or AQ makes the difference between instant QR code and no QR code? ???? 

1 minute ago, Caggo said:

this is... an interesting solution. I wonder, do you think that SHA+ or AQ makes the difference between instant QR code and no QR code? ???? 

I doubt it makes any difference.

But worth a try. The fault is not from our end so whatever needs to be done as far as I'm concerned. I ain't going to be losing the money I spent. Furthermore I have been jabbed with johnson and johnson . I have my document in Spanish.  If they don't accept this it's not my problem. 

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

*As missing the flight will incur a loss of £2200 worth of tickets and I don’t see why the failure to implement a system properly should cost me.

A 10 day AQ package will be cheaper, especially with a cancellation policy. At least you will receive a QR code to guarantee you'll board the plane

37 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Any word on needing the Thai Pass to board planes. I'll bet if you show up at BKK without Thai Pass they'll make it work and get you a room and covid test.

One report on here somewhere of that happening. Personally I'm sceptical given if you are refused at BKK the airlines are responsible for getting you back and in this case face being fined, airlines aren't that accommodating.

Too lazy to read all the pages.

How long did it take you guys to receive that QR code ?

After figuring out that hotmail addresses weren't working i was finally able to resubmit with gmail earlier today, departing on 8th, arriving on 9th *sweating*

12 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Too lazy to read all the pages.

How long did it take you guys to receive that QR code ?

After figuring out that hotmail addresses weren't working i was finally able to resubmit with gmail earlier today, departing on 8th, arriving on 9th *sweating*

im not being funny but if you too lazy to read we cant help you.... all info is there