Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Additional point: 

When making the application via the ‘Alternate Quarantine’ tab - the QR code links to the vaccine information and states ‘Alternative Quarantine’  (as above - in Orange) - rather than ‘Test & Go’.... 

Could be a ‘sticking point’ but at least it gets us past check in and into Thailand, other issues can be handled on the other side. 

IMG_8618.thumb.jpg.c7348485fd7c04acfbe886708e02aadc.jpg

Crucially where are you from? As EU certificates are already getting instant accepted in most cases.

If you're not from EU though then that could be something. If it gets to a day before my flight I'd rather have the AQ pass than none at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

This worked - Success..... 

Instead of filling out from the link of left most of the 3 sections [Exemption from Quarantine - Test and Go] (see screenshot below), I filled out the link of right most of the 3 sections [Alternative Quarantine] as you suggested flyguyryan...   

But, I didn’t use a 10 day quarantine booking. I just filled out the application exactly as I had all the other times (about 10x !).

I put in all my Vaccine Certificates & QR Codes (from Qatar), Put in the 1 night AQ hotel booking confirmation, Insurance Cert - submitted and received immediate conformation followed a few seconds later by Approval and the QR Code. 

The only single difference between this time and all the other times I’ve tried was was simply clicking on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab instead of the [Exemption from....] tab followed on from.

Immediately afterwards I re-submitted the application in exactly the same way and clicked on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab, input all the information in exactly the same way as every other submission (i.e. all the same info and attachments as previous submissions). Success again, received a QR code for both Wife and Son immediately afterwards. 

Recommendation: 

I’m not sure if this will work for others: But its definitely worth a try: 

Re-attempt submissions in exactly the same manner but go through the [Alternative Quarantine] tab.

Details: 

Mac Computer / Chrome Browser (No CORS override - that issue seems to have been fixed)

Vaccine Cert from both Qatar and Thailand worked (both had QR codes) (no vaccine cert for Son)

iCloud and G-mail e-mail accounts received the confirmation email and immediately after the approval e-mail. 

1231349588_Screenshot2021-11-04at22_37_43.thumb.png.80fd72f572a296549be08a23da9ae3de.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.48.09.png

This worked for me. No, I’m not from Europe.

I received an instant approval.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Destined said:

Crucially where are you from? As EU certificates are already getting instant accepted in most cases.

If you're not from EU though then that could be something. If it gets to a day before my flight I'd rather have the AQ pass than none at all.

I have read of a couple of EU certificates that have not got an instant QR code. I think what this all means is that you have to probably make this application with a good amount of time before you are due to fly out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This worked for me. No, I’m not from Europe.

I received an instant approval.

Be cautions though... as the approval is for 'Alternative Quarantine'  rather than 'Test and Go’.

So, this isn’t the perfect solution, but to get us past airport check-in, into Thailand and face to face with a human is a great plan B.

Once we show vaccine certs and the 1 night booking I really can’t see anyone forcing us to stay longer than 1 nights in an AQ / ASQ. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I think in the short space of 5days we cannot truly understand what the problems really are. The point I was trying to make is instead of waiting till the last minute and making loads of applications, that may or may not be clogging up the system, plan ahead and start the application at least 30days in advance of travel. That way you won't do yourself mental damage and you won't clog up the system.

I bit difficult to do if travel is on 8th and the Embassy rejected the CoE and told us to use Thailand Pass when it opens on 1st - then it turns out to be a system which doesn’t function. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I have read of a couple of EU certificates that have not got an instant QR code. I think what this all means is that you have to probably make this application with a good amount of time before you are due to fly out.

I am flying out on the 10th, filled out an application today, and received a QR code.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I bit difficult to do if travel is on 8th and the Embassy rejected the CoE and told us to use Thailand Pass when it opens on 1st - then it turns out to be a system which doesn’t function. 

Then I would truly advise anyone in that situation to rebook flights, accommodation etc etc probably a pain but I reckon you need to give at least 30days just to be safe.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Be cautions though... as the approval is for 'Alternative Quarantine'  rather than 'Test and Go’.

So, this isn’t the perfect solution, but to get us past airport check-in, into Thailand and face to face with a human is a great plan B.

Once we show vaccine certs and the 1 night booking I really can’t see anyone forcing us to stay longer than 1 nights in an AQ / ASQ. 

My hotel will be waiting for me at the airport with a van. I have a 24 hour paid reservation, with one RT-PCR test paid for.

I am fully vaccinated.

There will soon be thousands of people showing up with a similar QR code, this will catch on fast. Let’s hope the computer doesn’t break.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I have answered numerous questions and have been helping numerous people on maybe three different threads. Your personal attack over one tongue in cheek comment is ridiculous. Jai yen yen is what I am saying to everyone.

You are correct - Jai yen yen is needed and also very easy to say if you are one of those not impacted by the flaws in the Thai Pass

4 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I think you and pepper are being irresponsible in telling people to make numerous applications with no foresight as to what the ramifications of that might be. ie. extended application waiting times for others.

In the same situation would you make one application and sit cooly by awaiting the QR code when you don’t even receive a conformation e-mail ? - I very much doubt it. 

People who are travelling on 8th / 9th / 10th have a very small window in which to receive approval which has not been forthcoming for the past 3 days - meanwhile people are mentioning their success after a few repeat attempts - Irresponsible you say ???? you're out of touch with reality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am flying out on the 10th, filled out an application today, and received a QR code.

As we can see, not everyone is having as much luck as you and not everyone has the technical knowledge or experience to apply for things online, change pdf's to jpegs etc etc so I hardly think it is a stupid suggestion for people to allow themselves 30days to get this all done.

6 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

and maybe it causes massive issues on arrival.

I understand your point and it makes sense but I have a job and I don't have the luxury of changing my trip to 30 days out.

Again, your point is valid but I think both of you should stop bickering.

I am flying on the 10th so I will keep waiting for my test and go QR code but if it comes down to a day or two before I will definitely try Richard's method. Hopefully if someone is flying soon they can report back as to whether or not this worked for them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

That's the point.  Forcing a move on their part.

While I'm generally a "community oriented, follow the process" kinda guy, I do not have the luxury to be 100% kumbaya in this case due to extremem time pressure. 

Let's be honest, at this point it's pretty much every man for himself and any technical means to an end that people discover can only help.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:
23 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

I'll be damned, after trying 8x to do the "Test & Go" submission, I accidentally^^ tried your method and got the approval/QR immediately. At the very least, I'll be able to use this as a backup to at least board the flight while I continue to wait for (and probably submit a few more) Test & Go submissions in the meantime before my flight in a few days. 

Worst case scenario, they'll make me purchase and do 10 days q upon arrival, but I'm willing to do that if necessary.

Now if thousands more make this mistake^^(wink wink) it can only be to our advantage for obvious reasons. 

Expand  

In the same way you are clogging up this thread ?

A Plan B is essential for those who need to travel soon and have not yet received their Thailand Pass approval. 

Trial and error (by many who have offered their information) has helped many receive their Thailand Pass approval / QR code - meanwhile your advice to be patient, or book flight later, or apply 30 days in advance is utterly useless for many for a multitude of reasons. 

The best Plan B is most definitely doing the ‘Alternative Quarantine’ option and at least ensuring entry into Thailand with all the correct paperwork - the more people who have this solution the greater the chance authorities will turn a blind eye to the ‘little mistake’ of selecting the wrong tab (while submitting exactly the same documentation).

Note: between the two tabs [Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)] and [Alternative Quarantine] there is no difference at all in layout, questions or documents required / submitted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Note: between the two tabs [Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)] and [Alternative Quarantine] there is no difference at all in layout, questions or documents required / submitted.

Were you still required to attach the proof of vaccination?

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have completely lost your grasp of reality while continuing with this pathetic virtue signalling. 

Thailand Pass is not working....  through trial and error a solution has been found, its imperfect, but its a viable plan B. 

and you know this how? enough with you seriously, I am not virtue signalling, it is called being a decent member of society and not causing others problems for your own gain.

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In the same way you are clogging up this thread ?

A Plan B is essential for those who need to travel soon and have not yet received their Thailand Pass approval. 

Trial and error (by many who have offered their information) has helped many receive their Thailand Pass approval / QR code - meanwhile your advice to be patient, or book flight later, or apply 30 days in advance is utterly useless for many for a multitude of reasons. 

The best Plan B is most definitely doing the ‘Alternative Quarantine’ option and at least ensuring entry into Thailand with all the correct paperwork - the more people who have this solution the greater the chance authorities will turn a blind eye to the ‘little mistake’ of selecting the wrong tab (while submitting exactly the same documentation).

Appreciating your efforts Richard and am tempted to use your method BUT this involves ticking the box agreeing to 10 days plus 2 tests.

Can we be sure “common sense” will prevail based on the fact we are many?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

From the UK - Vaccine was administered in Qatar with a Qatar MoPH Vaccine Certificate (it has a QR Code)

Wife from Thailand - Vaccine was administered in Thailand - Mor Promp Certificate (which has a QR code)

I think the approval I received was definitely an automated approval based upon selecting the ‘Alternative Quarantine’ avenue of application.

We’re two days away from travelling to the Airport (hotel over night before an early AM flight) - having a Plan B ‘Alternative Quarantine’ QR Code takes pressure edge off significantly. 

Hopefully the ‘correct’ approval (Test & Go) will be issued before we depart and then with the benefit of hindsight I will know that I did not have cause for concern - however, 20/20 hindsight is something none of us have the luxury of. 

From EU 

I registered  with the correct information and documents but I did not get the QR code ( I am a bit nervous I will admit) so I applied again with the AQ checked instead of the Sha+ : no QR code. In both cases, although I was notified by mail that my submission had been received. ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1