Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 hour ago, No1Farang said:

Question.  I read that the document JPEGs must be a maximum size os 2,000k.  Is this for each document or collectively for all six documents

When I applied yesterday, the file size limit had been increased to 5Mb. This is for each document, not collectively.

JGA

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EdwinNL said:

For people within the EU who had 2 doses: You indeed can get an automatic verification + QR code within seconds by following the Test & Go program. The trick is to use the EU QR code for vaccination dose 2 for BOTH qr codes. So I've uploaded separate (vaccine #1 and #2) certificates for both vaccinations, but for the zoomed-in QR code I've used the same QR twice: the qr code for vaccination #2.

• I did use proper JPG images converted from the PDF files. 
  • I've used the same gmail account for all submission (also for the ones that are still open)
  • I did not use extra spaces (anymore) within my passport number. Also no CORS plugin for chrome (it looks like these issues are solved now)

I think any other documents like insurance and hotel booking are not reviewed at all within the automated process. Since approval was literally instant. I've received two emails within seconds: the confirmation and the approval.

• We have an Agoda booking for a 1 night quarantaine package; we made 1 jpg image including the stamped booking confirmation + the stamped invoice (both pages next to each other as one image).

PS. We were not really in a hurry (we leave in 2 weeks), just wanted to see if the system indeed works fully automated for EU citizens. I had 2 submissions still open; one submitted on Nov 1 (including a space within passport number) and another one from 1 hour ago. For both I did receive a confirmation email stating the max. 7 working days. 
For my girlfriend we also applied on Nov 1, she received the approval including the QR code overnight; so apparently after a manual review.

Attached my just received Thailand pass!

thai-pass.jpg

OK, more news: I've just received another approval with a different QR / Thailand pass code. This almost 2 hours after my initial reattempt. I don't think this is a coincidence... So if you're waiting since Nov 1 I would reattempt ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yesterday booked my booster jab (pfizer after 2 AZ) and got the jab 30 minutes later.

I asked the nurse how long it would be for the jab to appear on any certificate - she said about 3 weeks. But as you cannot fly for 14 days after jab, I'll wait fir a new certificate. (though I guess I could have used the Feb and April as 1st and 2nd)

Now comes the question, does you uploading to TP have to be your first and 2nd jab data, or your 2nd and 3rd count now as 1st and second since they are more recent than the first ?

Hopefully this balls up will be smoother in 3-4 weeks

My 2nd NHS jab appeared in the Covid Pass app/online within a few hours.

I would suggest your 1st and 2nd unless the second one is greater than 6 months ago. I recall the original CoE had a 'not before 14-days' and a 'not after x months' but I can't recall the specifics of the 'x'. There's no mention of how long ago the last jab was in the TP application, just be 'fully vaccinated' and you were fully vaccinated 14-days after the second shot.

My NHS Covid Pass doesn't show my first jab although it does appear in separate database that they use when administering jabs. Trying to sort that 'merge' out now via my GP and the 'very busy' Covid Pass remediation team. Despite my Covid Pass showing '2 of 2', I am sure that Thai pedantry will prevail and '1 of 2' will be requested.

25 minutes ago, EdwinNL said:

For people within the EU who had 2 doses: You indeed can get an automatic verification + QR code within seconds by following the Test & Go program. The trick is to use the EU QR code for vaccination dose 2 for BOTH qr codes. So I've uploaded separate (vaccine #1 and #2) certificates for both vaccinations, but for the zoomed-in QR code I've used the same QR twice: the qr code for vaccination #2.

• I did use proper JPG images converted from the PDF files. 
  • I've used the same gmail account for all submission (also for the ones that are still open)
  • I did not use extra spaces (anymore) within my passport number. Also no CORS plugin for chrome (it looks like these issues are solved now)

I think any other documents like insurance and hotel booking are not reviewed at all within the automated process. Since approval was literally instant. I've received two emails within seconds: the confirmation and the approval.

• We have an Agoda booking for a 1 night quarantaine package; we made 1 jpg image including the stamped booking confirmation + the stamped invoice (both pages next to each other as one image).

PS. We were not really in a hurry (we leave in 2 weeks), just wanted to see if the system indeed works fully automated for EU citizens. I had 2 submissions still open; one submitted on Nov 1 (including a space within passport number) and another one from 1 hour ago. For both I did receive a confirmation email stating the max. 7 working days. 
For my girlfriend we also applied on Nov 1, she received the approval including the QR code overnight; so apparently after a manual review.

Attached my just received Thailand pass!

thai-pass.jpg

Tried to register again today, but didn't even get a confirmation anymore. Tried twice, not confirmed both times. Gmail and all that jazz. NL as well. Staying for 80 days, so maybe that's the culprit. Stress levels rising now my date is closing in...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, leelee77 said:

i didnt get instant approval with NHS still waiting, first application was monday 1st, tried all the suggestions on here still waiting

Out of curiosity, what do you get when you scan your NHS-issued Covid vaccine QR code on your smartphone? I get a bunch of gobbledygook and no link to any hosting or confirmation website like most others do. Maybe it's only readable by NHS scanners? If yours is also gobbledygook, I can't see those processing TP applications in Thailand being able to confirm anything.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Out of curiosity, what do you get when you scan your NHS-issued Covid vaccine QR code on your smartphone? I get a bunch of gobbledygook and no link to any hosting or confirmation website like most others do. Maybe it's only readable by NHS scanners? If yours is also gobbledygook, I can't see those processing TP applications in Thailand being able to confirm anything.

yeah mine is the same just random numbers letter etc. spoke with the NHS about this they said the QR code cant be read by normal phone scanners just by proper machines like in airports. probs why taking so long for uk applications

57 minutes ago, Soulman1980 said:

About booking the hotel for 1 night,  better book on Agoda or directly from hotel website?

I think its better to book directly from the hotel. You dont have to call in, only email. That way you get the SHA + certificate, receipt for hotel booking and receipt for PCR test in one mail.  Good luck! ????

5 minutes ago, LexMichdasean said:

Tried to register again today, but didn't even get a confirmation anymore. Tried twice, not confirmed both times. Gmail and all that jazz. NL as well. Staying for 80 days, so maybe that's the culprit. Stress levels rising now my date is closing in...

That's weird. Could be the 80 days... We've stated 59 days. We live in NL and have a one-way ticket from Brussels tot BKK. We actually do have a flight after 59 days from BKK to Singapore (which we're likely to cancel and probably extend the Tourist visum with an additional 30 days).

Other possibilities: I've selected for the quarantaine hotel the SHA+ radiobutton. For vaccin I've selected Pfizer, not comirnaty.

54 minutes ago, Velleman said:

Hotels don't even know the rules.
I think i'll give them a call.
Do you really need the letter from the hotel? They told me the booking confirmation from agoda works just fine and can be uploaded to thailandpass.

My experience with a recent AQ booking done by agoda's AQ site indicates that agoda holds the actual payment until a day before 'D-Day' and the booking confirmation they send doesn't specifically say 'Paid' or mentions the PCR test and how that's handled. Not sure if that raises red flags but with so many TP applications stuck in a pipe somewhere, it could be a contributing factor?

I think it's best to find a hotel that will deal-direct and they either take a deposit or the whole enchilada . Then they will  provide a booking confirmation that has all the verbiage required.

YMMV

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nechav said:

Are we not worried about going the AQ route then arriving in Thailand like "hi I'm not actually AQ? I just needed a QR code?" 

LOL Im worried ???? I got my QR code that way too but I applied the right way first so the correct QR code could still come ...this solution is  just a plan B if all else fails. So do both ...obviously the correct way is preferred but in some ppls case there is not enough time to wait and keep replaying. It would be interesting to hear from ppl who actually got in Thailand this way, went throw the whole process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EdwinNL said:

That's weird. Could be the 80 days... We've stated 59 days. We live in NL and have a one-way ticket from Brussels tot BKK. We actually do have a flight after 59 days from BKK to Singapore (which we're likely to cancel and probably extend the Tourist visum with an additional 30 days).

Other possibilities: I've selected for the quarantaine hotel the SHA+ radiobutton. For vaccin I've selected Pfizer, not comirnaty.

My cert says Comidinges, so I picked that. Maybe they blocked my IP or my Passport Nr. I don't know what they're doing.

I had to put in multiple attempts earlier this week, because not all my documents were up to date. The hotel sent me the wrong ones first and I then didn't add the PSAS payment to the hotel bill. I couldn't apply for COE because they told me to do the TP, I wish I were a bit more persistent in wanting that COE, but I made the mistake in trusting Thai paperwork.

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I have just scanned the QR code on my Saudi vaccine cert. It then takes you to the app login screen and sends a pass code to my mobile number. Verification can only be made with the pass code, so I don't know how the Thailand pass will verify my status.

1 minute ago, LexMichdasean said:

My cert says Comidinges, so I picked that. Maybe they blocked my IP or my Passport Nr. I don't know what they're doing.

I had to put in multiple attempts earlier this week, because not all my documents were up to date. The hotel sent me the wrong ones first and I then didn't add the PSAS payment to the hotel bill. I couldn't apply for COE because they told me to do the TP, I wish I were a bit more persistent in wanting that COE, but I made the mistake in trusting Thai paperwork.

Mine states comirnaty as well. But if you check the content of your EU QR code it will probable state Pfizer (Comirnaty). I believe it is the same. It could be the auto-approve is different for both? Could also still be your 80 days stay...

Just now, EdwinNL said:

Mine states comirnaty as well. But if you check the content of your EU QR code it will probable state Pfizer (Comirnaty). I believe it is the same. It could be the auto-approve is different for both? Could also still be your 80 days stay...

Well I can't try any more, because they're not giving me a confirmation anymore. So I guess they are blocking because of too many attempts.

How did you upload the Vax Cert part? Complete with the blue flag and the qr in it?

9 minutes ago, LexMichdasean said:

Well I can't try any more, because they're not giving me a confirmation anymore. So I guess they are blocking because of too many attempts.

How did you upload the Vax Cert part? Complete with the blue flag and the qr in it?

For NL go to coronacheck.nl --> Switch website to English. Login using Digi-D. Download international EU certificate. This gives you 1 pdf with 2 pages; one page for each vaccination dose. Open PDF --> Export each page to a high res JPG file. These JPG files need to be uploaded for the certificate. They also ask for the QR coded separately: I've duplicated the jpg image from certificate dose 2/2 and cropped it to only show the QR code including some white space around it. That one i've uploaded for both the QR codes.

PS. If you're really really in a hurry: try making another new Gmail account. And try to use a different internet connection (mobile hot spot). If still no confirmation it could be they check your attempts on Passport number; you can try to add a space after the passport number... so many options!

Edited by EdwinNL

1 minute ago, EdwinNL said:

For NL go to coronacheck.nl --> Switch website to English. Login using Digi-D. Download international EU certificate. This gives you 1 pdf with 2 pages; one page for each vaccination dose. Open PDF --> Export each page to a high res JPG file. These JPG files need to be uploaded for the certificate. They also ask for the QR coded separately: I've duplicated the jpg image from certificate dose 2/2 and cropped it to only show the QR code including some white space around it. That one i've uploaded for both the QR codes.

Tried that, no sigar. Going to try it through a hotspot on my phone to see if it's my IP they are blocking.

6 minutes ago, LexMichdasean said:

Tried that, no sigar. Going to try it through a hotspot on my phone to see if it's my IP they are blocking.

I've edited the post; not sure if you've seen it --> If you're really really in a hurry: try making another new Gmail account. And try to use a different internet connection (mobile hot spot). If still no confirmation it could be they check your attempts on Passport number; you can try to add a space after the passport number... so many options!

29 minutes ago, Nikkii said:

LOL Im worried ???? I got my QR code that way too but I applied the right way first so the correct QR code could still come ...this solution is  just a plan B if all else fails. So do both ...obviously the correct way is preferred but in some ppls case there is not enough time to wait and keep replaying. It would be interesting to hear from ppl who actually got in Thailand this way, went throw the whole process. 

Well, I'll be able to report on Monday on this. I am freaked out tbh. Between this and the consequences of testing positive...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EdwinNL said:

I've edited the post; not sure if you've seen it --> If you're really really in a hurry: try making another new Gmail account. And try to use a different internet connection (mobile hot spot). If still no confirmation it could be they check your attempts on Passport number; you can try to add a space after the passport number... so many options!

With gmail addresses you can put a dot in the first part wherever you want, it'll still be the same inbox. So I was doing [email protected], [email protected], em.ail@... etc. worked 5 times. Didn't add spaces with PassNo. yet, but I'm trying all sorts of stuff. Getting pretty fed up with this pretty good now. Costs a fortune to prepare all these insurance and special hotels and whatnot and then they screw you over with this TP stuff. I'm trying really hard not to swear, but I'm going to do that really loud into my elbow if they keep this up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Raj C said:

Hello, I hope you are all well. I have been vaccinated with the Covaxin vaccine from India which has been recently approved by who. Thailand hasn't updated the vaccine in the system and I had already booked a flight for 13th Nov hoping that they would. The Faq by MFA says any vaccine approved by who is valid. The embassy consulate in my country won't reply to emails or calls. So my question is there any workaround for the same so I can apply Thailand pass ?

You can enter the country without being vaccinated with a approved one but you have to go into a 10 day quarantine.

quick update on the ThiaPass website; I used Microsoft Edge browser, Chrome kept giving me the API error, even after installing the CORS extension. I submitted screenshots of all original documents - to keep file sizes to a minimum (the website they wrote are pretty fragile) and got my ThaiPass QR code immediately, no waiting time, it did get sent to my spam mailbox, but I got it. 

**(for double dose of Pfizer in EU I just reuploaded the same certificate for both doses - I only got a vaccine certificate after my 2nd dose + separate screenshot with QR code)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EdwinNL said:

Now I did it exactly the same as you did. This time through my phone (different IP) and got a confirmation again. No QR though... This will be my final attempt, can't think of anything else except doing this all again and taking the gamble with the AQ option a day or so before I fly. Thanks for playing along.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Final - Full Success: 

I don’t know if it was the repeated attempts or strings the Wife was pulling through her contacts - we received the Quarantine Exempt Thailand Pass this morning (UK time). 

The strange thing - I received the successful response at the e-mail (iCloud) with which I’d used (once) when applying with the Alternative Quarantine method. 

Some strange stuff going on,.... 

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 10.11.29.png

I received mine about the same time (5pm friday), I am just waking up to go to my $250USD covid test.

They sent only to my most recent gmail application (two days ago) as a PDF attachment, no duplicates to other email addresses.  I arrive Nov. 8, departing in 36 hours.

Details:

USA passport and vaccinations (2 pfizer)

Shaba ID used for my booking ID. Thanks whoever suggested.  Yeah I had a COE application in progress that was rejected with reason: use the Thailand Pass

I did have vaccine QR codes using the SmartHealth standard available with much difficulty in my red state.  I need that code for my Singapore airlines flight.  That was my stress a month ago.  When I originally planned my trip I was on Cathay Pacific leaving today (flight canceled) and the opening up was supposed to be in October.  I figured give them over a month to iron out the issues ????

I did clean up my passport image as much as possible in the application that got approved.  The USA passport is a notoriously difficult image to automatically scan.

This was the only application where I put the shaba id in the booking field.  My guess is they did some kind of bulk approval based on the arrival date, but hard to know.  My approval came at about the same time as Richard's.

I fly in Phuket and for the hotel image I put together an image of my covid test receipt thru the phuket psas system with my hotel's shaba document from my old COE application. I originally prepaid for 14 nights and will need to sort that out with the hotel when I arrive for 1 night.  Hopefully flying to Bangkok nov. 9

History:

I applied as soon as the website launched using my hotmail email address and quickly converting everything to images.  Probably one of the very first applications in there.  You know how that went.

Second application using an icloud email address 3AM Bangkok time on Tuesday using the CORS workaround.

Third application using a yahoo email address mid Weds Bangkok time when some folks were getting QR codes immediately.  Looks like those were only folks with European QR codes.

Winning forth application 10AM Thurs Bangkok time.  Changes: cleaned up passport image, used gmail account, used shaba id for booking rather than the reservation system id.

Now praying I pass my covid tests.

Edited by SFSFSF
Cleanup line breaks

On 11/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Dave Aarons said:

Okay, here's my story which may help someone.

Currently in UK with Thai Wife, planning to return to LOS 15th November.

Apple Macbook Pro using Chrome.

No problem until it came to the final Submit which returned the API Sever error. Multiple re-uploading Insurance file and Re-submit achieved nothing but the same error message.

Closed Chrome, opened Firefox and entered the wife's details. Sailed all the way through and successfully submitted.

Then, still using Firefox, entered my own details again. Had no problem registering using same email and passport number but once again final submission failed with API Server error.

Using the back buttons in the application, edited my passport number by putting a space at the end of it, next, next, next through to final submit button again and it worked.

No confirmation email as yet or message at the end of the process as to how long I might have to wait.

Hope this helps.

Follow on from my previous post.

Having received no confirmation email from the 1st submissions on Nov 1st, I re-applied on the 2nd, using a gmail address and edited my NHS Covid pass, inserting a passport number.

Successful submission and confirmation email received instantly.

Approval and Thailand Pass QR code received 5th Nov for myself and Thai wife.

Please note, I applied on both occasions selecting the Test&Go option.

My NHS Covid Pass contained no QR codes.

My Thai wife could not get a NHS Covid Pass, so I uploaded 2 copies of the same hand written appointment card showing the dates of her vaccine and the type of vaccine administered.

It would seem that human verification is being done and thankfully, common sense is being applied.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, but patience might be the name of the game.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:34 PM, Vern1 said:

Sure but I can't understand why it wasn't approved yet. I'm using the same EU vaccination certificate as many others here, AXA insurance and agoda hotel confirmation. At first I thought they might be prioritizing people flying on earlier dates than me but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Yes they are prioritizing earlier ones the government and consular in Thailand said but also as submitted first