Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 hour ago, nikita22 said:

Just had mine rejected ???? fly on the 12th applied on the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th 

reason for rejection is my middle name is not on my nhs covid cert unlike my passport. This is not unusual in the uk 

im so over it, I’ve got my blagged AQ pass if all else fails. They can deal with me in person when im there. I’m just not interested anymore 

I’m not even stressed, I’ve invested in Thailand not that it makes any difference to them and unfortunately I can’t just turn my back and walk away but if this was not the case I would never ever bother with the place after all this. What an absolute joke. I know Thai’s who are so red faced about all this so much so they have called me to say sorry on behalf of government.  

I had the same with one of my tries. It was because I cropped the image too much and missed off my name as it is at the top of the page. I didn’t take much notice at the time as I assumed my name was along side the box with the bar code. Don’t give up. I hear PM as ordered TP to get their act together. 

1 minute ago, LexMichdasean said:

There still are people who have not yet heard something and the email doesn't work, what were the phone numbers of the support? I can't seem to search inside this thread (or I'm doing it wrong).

+66 2572 8442, but there is no answer and after a while the call is disconnected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JRG23 said:

I’m due to fly back to Thailand on the 13th (entering on 14th). No QR code. I applied on 2 November with all required documents.

I work in Thailand with Digital Work Permit. BOI company, which is partnered with a UK investment firm. And I need to be back for work.

When should I start panicking?

What options do I have in pursuing them for approval?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

J

You can always apply again via Alternative Quarantine.

D24043F4-D11A-45E2-B575-747F2416E7DB.png

4 hours ago, Pirate65 said:

Same for me. When I heard that passes were being issued for flight dates well past mine I really felt that I was lost in the system. Support@ replied within the hour with the Pass. Nice to know that I’m not alone in the misery of the last week. I have said sorry to the cat !

Hello, thanks for adding! I just did exactly as you mentioned for 4 of us. Hopefully I hear something back soon fingers crossed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Success! Applied on November 2nd and received instant email on gmail at 8:30am US time. Used chrome in incognito mode, got the success message at the end of the application. Received QR code just after 1am Sunday morning, so just short of a 5 day wait. Only submitted 1 application. Used a US CDC card with my passport number added to it. I had the one shot J&J so that was recognized without issue.

Great news! What’s your arrival date?

29 minutes ago, LexMichdasean said:

Shouldn't it be added to some kind of app?

It should. And, apps we need to work correctly supplied by Thailand should work correctly. I would take the paper printout in case that is not the case. 

15 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

You should probably ease up on pushing this method. Committing to a 10 day quarantine and hoping things go the right way with airlines and immigration is risky. Codes appear to be flowing out now and there is help available as others have reported.

When I used ‘this method’ (Alternative Quarantine method) I uploaded exactly the same documents (vaccine cert, 1 night AQ booking, Insurance).

1 night in quarantine on arrival was also stated in the ‘dates section’.

Approval was provided with those documents and based on that info. 

I was very happy and relieved when receiving the confirmation QR based on this option 4 days before flight. 

The alternative is waiting blindly and hoping - which for a family is not an option, especially in light of news that some (on other Thai forums) have had to cancel flights & received the QR after the departure of their planned flight.

I revered the ‘Exempt from Quarantine’ QR the following morning. 

In hindsight, I’m still glad I had the ‘plan B’ option and have little doubt it would have worked without any issues. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When I used ‘this method’ (Alternative Quarantine method) I uploaded exactly the same documents (vaccine cert, 1 night AQ booking, Insurance).

I was very happy and relieved when receiving the confirmation QR based on this option 4 days before flight. 

The alternative is waiting blindly and hoping - which for a family is not an option, especially in light of news that some (on other Thai forums) have had to cancel flights & received the QR after the departure of their planned flight.

I revered the ‘Exempt from Quarantine’ QR the following morning. 

In hindsight, I’m still glad I had the ‘plan B’ option and have little doubt it would have worked without any issues. 

Fair enough. Glad everything worked out but I could easily see 'plan B' having the potential for disaster.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:44 AM, Salerno said:

Pages FYI:

Thailand-Pass-Registration-System-for-air-travel-only-.png.b50e45cf29b9ffea6fe03f41e8b7e420.png

1758884285_Thailand-Pass-Registration-System-for-air-travel-only-(1).thumb.png.d3ba36925a44e08ee20797cd0b08852d.png

1305738323_Thailand-Pass-Registration-System-for-air-travel-only-(2).thumb.png.c43586fb4e0b8c7292badab52320b695.png

681352815_Thailand-Pass-Registration-System-for-air-travel-only-(3).png.830bdb3a6caff75974b7bb4713b58e67.png

Does the SHA Hotel have to include the prepaid fee for the PCR test at Phuket airport in the hotel bill. Since we can upload only 1 page it will be the only way.

I heard about paying your PCR test on arrival at the airport????

3 hours ago, nikita22 said:

Just had mine rejected ???? fly on the 12th applied on the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th 

reason for rejection is my middle name is not on my nhs covid cert unlike my passport. This is not unusual in the uk 

im so over it, I’ve got my blagged AQ pass if all else fails. They can deal with me in person when im there. I’m just not interested anymore 

I’m not even stressed, I’ve invested in Thailand not that it makes any difference to them and unfortunately I can’t just turn my back and walk away but if this was not the case I would never ever bother with the place after all this. What an absolute joke. I know Thai’s who are so red faced about all this so much so they have called me to say sorry on behalf of government.  

Edit your UK NHS vaccine cert to include your middle name & resubmit. 

To put things in perspective I know a handful of folk who are facing issues & being forced to play silly buggers due to uncertain & contradictory circular requirements. 

At least there’s the planB AQ option to fall back on if you don’t receive the response your resubmission (with edited NHS cert) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rman said:

I heard about paying your PCR test on arrival at the airport????

You have to prepay it as I understand it, if not part of your package you can book it here https://www.thailandpsas.com/

If you have multiple files you need to upload and only one upload slot you can combine jpgs here https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg

They're looking to see you have hotel, transport and PCR booked and paid for.

Edited by Salerno
Typo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What info was given when the QR code was scanned?

I would expect the check in desk would be looking for a hard copy of a 10 day booking.

24 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Fair enough. Glad everything worked out but I could easily see 'plan B' having the potential for disaster.

Not traveling at all & losing money on flights etc) because of the possibility or potential for a problem is perhaps over cautious - better to not try to travel at all at these times if that’s the perspective

There is also the potential to test positive for Covid and face a forced quarantine = another possible disaster !!! 

Lets just stay at home all year and avoid all travel !!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I would expect the check in desk would be looking for a hard copy of a 10 day booking.

This one (below)…. 
I’m told Airlines don’t scan the QR code. 

If traveling on the AQ option - I’d book a refundable 10 day AQ hotel though Agoda - print off the booking confirmation then cancel the booking !!! 

The idea of using the AQ option (if needed) was to get through / past the humans at airline check-in so we can at least catch the flight & then face the humans at the other end who can make an informed decision based on the evidence of vaccine certificates. 

Its not the entry requirements being bypassed…, just finessing a flawed system to ‘check the right boxes’… 

Not perfect - but a solid plan B nevertheless. 

537E8C8E-2FE5-4519-B173-96D63468E15D.jpeg

13 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

The Alternative Quarantine method was recommended by the Ministry during the last week of COE processing, when COE was the only way to get Test and Go approval.

Prior to November 1, if you wanted to visit Thailand and were fully vaccinated, it was necessary to apply for a COE, but the COE app did not support Test and Go, so the Ministry recommended applying for a 10 day quarantine but uploading your one night hotel confirmation letter.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not traveling at all & losing money on flights etc) because of the possibility or potential for a problem is perhaps over cautious - better to not try to travel at all at these times if that’s the perspective

There is also the potential to test positive for Covid and face a forced quarantine = another possible disaster !!! 

Lets just stay at home all year and avoid all travel !!!!

It depends on people’s circumstances. I deliberately booked with an airline that allows changes if amended in advance but I doubt if that would apply if I turn up for the original flight and am denied boarding for not having the correct documents. Also I’m planning on taking a domestic flight after I’m released from Test & Go and having an AQ QR code could also cause problems with boarding that flight. In my situation for a 2 week holiday,  I’m prepared to take the risk of testing positive (although am doing everything in my own control to avoid infection) but am not willing to risk turning up to the airport with the wrong documentation for an AQ entry and possibly losing the full cost of my flights.