Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

Just now, geordie said:

I have submitted 4 applications now and still have not received a qr code.

My first application was using Hotmail, my 2nd using yahoo, and my last 2 using Gmail.

Did not receive an email first application using Hotmail, the other 3 applications emails saying received applications, I have not had anything saying rejected for any reason.

I fly on the 12th and now starting to worry.

Is there a contact email address to ask them why you are not getting qr code?

1 hour ago, Vern1 said:

I had e-mailed them a few days ago and never got a response but maybe calling, if you can actually get through, is the better way to go.

I have been trying to call for hours and it rings once and disconnects or it tells you you selected the wrong extension number and disconnects!

Edited by stubuzz

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You can go to a hospitel  if you test positive, not that expensive….

really.....how so??  1 person paid 150,000 Bhat for "hospitel" plus as seen below Richard Barrows blogger comments confirm that all International arrivals who test positive are forced directly into a "hospital" plus Novotel Hotel in Bangkok told me if I test positive I would be transferred immediately to their partner hospital whose Nurse conducts the Covid Test.....plus I have to take all my luggage and haul it to the hospital because apparently is it "contaminated"..... Seems no travellers are too worried about the possibility of this forced incarceration.... 

Richard Barrow twitter comment on testing positive for Covid on arrival.jpg

Comments on hospitel costs after testing positive for Covid.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WhatAboutBob said:

really.....how so??  1 person paid 150,000 Bhat for "hospitel" plus as seen below Richard Barrows blogger comments confirm that all International arrivals who test positive are forced directly into a "hospital" plus Novotel Hotel in Bangkok told me if I test positive I would be transferred immediately to their partner hospital whose Nurse conducts the Covid Test.....plus I have to take all my luggage and haul it to the hospital because apparently is it "contaminated"..... Seems no travellers are too worried about the possibility of this forced incarceration.... 

Richard Barrow twitter comment on testing positive for Covid on arrival.jpg

Comments on hospitel costs after testing positive for Covid.jpg

Are there any Canadians who are currently in Canada that have received an approved Test and Go QR code? seems that maybe are vaccination codes are an issue. I have had multiple submissions with edits to the application per the forum comments but no approvals....

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You can always apply again via Alternative Quarantine.

D24043F4-D11A-45E2-B575-747F2416E7DB.png

Does this really work? 

I see Thai authorities are recommending not to do this.

But are people entering Thailand successfully (and not having to do 10 days quaratine when they have the right docs)?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Nechav said:

You have to pay for your PCR test on the PSAS website, then combine that image with your SHABA certificate and submit it in your application. 

For reference, I didn't include any test booking with my hotel booking and got approved okay

Edited by bobstl
changed

3 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Does this really work? 

I see Thai authorities are recommending not to do this.

But are people entering Thailand successfully (and not having to do 10 days quaratine when they have the right docs)?

Thanks

I saw all the comments on applying AQ option and did it and got immediate approval... but not comfortable with travelling with a fudged document... just my opinion.... I want the Test and Go approval code but not getting it.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I have just applied for AQ through the Thailand Pass system.

I made three approval requests for Test and Go from 1 November. But no QR code.

However, through the AQ route I received QR code immediately. This has got to be some glitch in the system.

Anyway, now I am worried that my full docs won't be accepted.

Are there reports of people getting through the system with the AQ?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:48 AM, bolt said:

does anyone know what you should upload if you've had 3 Vaccine shots

it says only upload 2 ??

The EU only has only 1 page with a QR code on it and your personal data and only stating ...Number of Doses: 2/2.  Do I have to load up the same certificate twice?

I just received my booking confirmation from my SHA Hotel in Phuket.

The hotel sent me 3 pages. 1. Hotel Room booking confirmation, 2 . PCR-Test and transport paid, 3. a SHABA Certificate with a SHABA ID.

They said I have to print out the SHABA and show it at the airport.

They also told me that I can load up all pages now and many customers have done this and received a Thai Pass approval code in a couple of hours.

All very confusing.

15 minutes ago, bolt said:
20 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

So I have just applied for AQ through the Thailand Pass system.

I made three approval requests for Test and Go from 1 November. But no QR code.

However, through the AQ route I received QR code immediately. This has got to be some glitch in the system.

Anyway, now I am worried that my full docs won't be accepted.

Are there reports of people getting through the system with the AQ?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

Expand  

I have entered Thailand with 3 times using COE.

Once you arrive in LOS they will check your documents one last time,  and I believe if you have met the test and Go 1 night they will let you stay 1 night.

Its not a guarantee but it should be ok  

Exactly the same here… 

That’s why I was not concerned about making the Plan B Thailand Pass via the Alternative Quarantine option instead of the Quarantine Exempt (Test & Go) option. 

The humans at the other end (on arrival) aren’t robots & they make the final decisions. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That’s why I was not concerned about making the Plan B Thailand Pass via the Alternative Quarantine option instead of the Quarantine Exempt (Test & Go) option.

So, if your test and go QR does not show up, are you suggesting to apply on AQ with a 1 day booking. Then use a refundable 7 day quarantine package to show at check-in and switch back to the 1 day booking when you arrive in Thailand?

1 minute ago, stubuzz said:

So, if your test and go QR does not show up, are you suggesting to apply on AQ with a 1 day booking. Then use a refundable 7 day quarantine package to show at check-in and switch back to the 1 day booking when you arrive in Thailand?

Think this is the idea, yes. 

If you can evidence vaccine x 2 (and can evidence all other test-and-go requirements) then why would they not allow 1-day test and go on arrival? Makes no sense.

19 hours ago, nikita22 said:

Just had mine rejected ???? fly on the 12th applied on the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th 

reason for rejection is my middle name is not on my nhs covid cert unlike my passport. This is not unusual in the uk 

im so over it, I’ve got my blagged AQ pass if all else fails. They can deal with me in person when im there. I’m just not interested anymore 

I’m not even stressed, I’ve invested in Thailand not that it makes any difference to them and unfortunately I can’t just turn my back and walk away but if this was not the case I would never ever bother with the place after all this. What an absolute joke. I know Thai’s who are so red faced about all this so much so they have called me to say sorry on behalf of government.  

i wanted to update on this. 

I used a few different emails for my applications ALL WITH THE SAME DOCS.

I was refused as above again for the above reasons but ive just found out today my PA got a TP to her email for me with no issues. so the system is a joke.

i had my plan b................... 4 friends have gone into 1 day quarantine on a 10 day pass

there is no celebration from me, i think that would be selfish given lots of people are still waiting and it would be like rubbing their face into it

my advice is just keep trying and dont stress out, just put your plan b application in and accept your going on that and in turn keep trying for the correct one................. obviously is your "mr straight" and live your life by the book then just change your flights, no one needs your opinion on how to do things if this is how you are.

those who know thailand will know its not like your home country, you have to roll with it and dont think too much. "thai style"

i genuinely hope you all get your passes, i also do believe the majority will.

i fly this thursday, ill keep you posted 

• Like 1

hi all,

so i applied  last Monday. got an email Tuesday morning re confirmation. had all the errors everyone else had but my app got through in end. I received approval Saturday night.  i am from UK , I have NHS vaccine certs with no passport number etc. i didnt doctor any documents or images. i applied for test and go. i think that the process is working and i received mine within the 7 days 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Nearly… I’m suggesting use exactly the same documents (i.e. the 1 night AQ hotel booking).

I’m not suggesting deceit, just using the same process, document, dates & info as you would when applying via the ‘test & go’ option. 

Additionally, I’m only suggesting going the AQ option as a plan B just in case the primary application via the test & Go option does not return a Thailand Pass QR code in time for the flight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thailand Pass is not a Visa !!! 

Applying with the correct documents for test & go option & selecting the 1 night dates etc via AQ option is not fraudulent, there is no fake submission ! 

Some people are so wooden I now understand why they suffer so much with any bureaucratic hiccup! 

Sorry I disagree

Applying for AQ and expecting 1-night “test and go” is totally wrong

You should not, and cannot apply using this method.

Respect the Thai governments requirements, follow what they want, and don’t expect the officers to think out of the box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Applying with the correct documents for test & go option & selecting the 1 night dates etc via AQ option is not fraudulent, there is no fake submission ! 

Some people are so wooden I now understand why they suffer so much with any bureaucratic hiccup! 

Thailand Pass is a pass that would permit you to gain entry to Thailand, so technically is a visa, is an immigration approval to gain entry.

Thailand pass has category of Test and Go exemption and AQ. You have to follow each category when applying even if both require the same documents. If you got AQ and booked AQ hotels with intention to self test and go, is a fraud.

I am not trying to be funny. I am just trying to point out some not so obviously fallacies here so people do not make mistakes and then end up badly. It is always prudent to follow what is black and white in front of you.

Plus, would you do the same if you are applying entry to Australia or USA (just imaging they have the same 'pass')?

• Haha 1

Applied TP on 1st november ( Samui sand box) and recieved QR code on 3rd November ( arrival 1 st city BKK)

Re-Applied TP on 2nd ( Samui sand box) and just recieved QR code on 8th November ( arrival 1 st city Samui)

I wanst sure which city i have to choose because of transit in BKK  to samui via the sealed route (PG 5171)

Arrival date : 30 November

Departure country : TOGO

Vaccin certificat : TOGO

Passport: French

Lol

Edited by Samolo

On 11/5/2021 at 5:25 PM, raptorea said:

Anyone been approved from the USA using the vax paper no QR code for the "Test and go option"??

Yes, finally my husband was approved. After sending in 4 applications. I am believing that it is going by departure dates first. I am still waiting on mine and 3 others. We all depart the same day. I was denied for putting janssen vac twice since at that point there was no option. My friend as well. I did 3 more apps for me and him. I waited to do my other friends app bc of what was going on and finally did hers 2 days ago. I was vaccinated on Oct 31st but our departure is on 18th thru Singapore Airlines and arrive on the 20th. Well over 14 days before arrival. I hope that the system doesn’t block me because of that. But those are the requirements and I meet them. What I did different for my husband was put his hotel res, agoda res, Shaba res code with qr, and psas test w code from hkt airport in a pic collage app and downloaded it to phone and compressed it with another app to jpg. Also for the hotel confirmation that the ask for, I didn’t use Shaba code, I used the 5 letter and digit hotel confirmation code that I received directly from hotel. Also he doesn’t have a QR for his vaccine. Used only cdc card.  I have 3 more qr approval we’re waiting for, one friend has everything including smart code, and the other in same boat as me as she vaxxed on the 1st janssen. I also have an instant approval for the 3rd option which I have no intentions of using. I am leaning more on the reason we’re waiting more than others and vice versa is departure dates. Maybe I’m wrong. I hope this helps, I’ll keep posted. 

Edited by Fin87
Misspelled
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, NanLaew said:

Since my agoda AQ booking was bereft of such details, I have also registered direct with another hotel, paid a deposit and got the necessary confirmation letter with all the details about tests and transport. I used the agoda AQ on my first registration and used the other AQ hotel on my second application as a hedge against the first application being rejected due to the lack of AQ details.

Unusually, the agoda AQ can be canceled/refunded right up to the day before I am supposed to check in. Handy if the second application comes through first.

Per my earlier post, both applications acknowledged but no QR codes seen.

I asked the hotel to send me the confirmation in english they asked me for a copy of my passport, flight ticket and vaccination certificate. After i sent the documents to them, it took like 2 hours and the sent me the complete confirmation in english, with all the details of the package (pcr test included and airport pick up) and it says "paid in full". So all is fine now, i don´t have to book another hotel.

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I want you to read the page when you first sign in to apply Thailand Pass, you have to click that you have read and acknowledged, understood the information provided by Thai government regarding Thailand Pass. The page is: Thailand Pass Registration System (for air travel only) (consular.go.th)

Everyone has to read that page before start applying. So in this page, it clearly outlined as below:

6. For the Alternaitve Quarantine scheme:

6.1 I shall undertake two RT-PCR tests as required by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

6.2 I am aware that I must stay at my reserved accommodation only and shall strictly comply with all public health measures during my stay in the Alternative Quarantine for 10 days.

6.3 Should I stay in the Alternative Quarantine less than 10 days, I will not leave Alternaitve Quarantine unless for the sole purpose of travelling out of Thailand.

6.4 Once I have stayed in the Alternaitve Quarantine for more than 10 days, I am permitted to travel to other provinces in Thailand.

I certify that all the information declared above is true to my knowledge and give consent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to collect my personal information in order to coordinate with the concerned agencies for the purpose of screening and facilitating my travel to Thailand.

I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them, and shall comply with the provisions under relevant Regulations issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) and any other disease prevention measures prescribed by the Government of Thailand, acknowledging that failure of such compliance may lead to consequences and penalties under the laws and regulations of Thailand.

You have signed the declaration (A VERY LEGAL DOCUMENT) that you will follow the rule before applying. You made it clear to Thailand government that once you applied AQ, you will follow the AQ procurement outlined in this agreement between you and Thailand government. You also acknowledged that failure of such compliance may lead to consequences and penalties under the laws and regulations of Thailand. 

So please think twice before you decide to commit AQ fraud or preaching others to do the same. It is evidently many people here do not read this page when they sign up to Thailand Pass and do not understand the meaning of fraud. And some here do not understand there is consequences even though Thailand government told you in black and white language it has consequences and penalties if you do not keep your side of bargain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SUCCESS FINALLY!

Flying on 12th, registered twice (Nov 1st and 3rd) using gmail address. Got the confirmation emails right away.
I have 2 different vaccine certificates from different countries (1 jab of AZ from Thailand and 1 jab of Cominraty from EU), so I was entitled to the manual approval process.

I sent multiple emails to [email protected] and [email protected] and contacted them through Line and Messenger over the last days but I never got any answer.

This morning I decided called their hotline +6625728442 multiple times. I pressed 1 then 1 then 0 to talk to a thai speaking operator, then she transfered me to her english speaking colleague. The lady asked for Passport No, full name, email address and departure date and told me she would ask my app to be processed quickly. I received 2 Valid Test-and-go QR codes 2 hours after the call.

I would suggest anyone who's feeling desperate waiting for manual approval to call this number and keep trying if the line is busy!

Good luck to everyone, and keep faith!
  • Like 2