Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Sorry I don't buy it.  All insurance policies are written differently - mine has very little detail in the schedule.  To get all the information they need I would have to send at least 5 pages.  I've attached the schedule.  Knowing Thailand as I do, I very much doubt they are using the technology you refer to - they just don't do that. Nor do I think it could cope with such requirements/varied potential responses.  I'd be very happy to be wrong.

Sched 1.jpg

Sched 2.jpg

Then it probably doesn't even read these  / some of these ? documents ;

It just link your document JPEG with the insurance policy ID you've entered in the form and embed it into a QR code.

Then when the immigration officer check your QR code he'll ask you for all those documents and review them.

Do not think of that Thailand Pass - QR code as something really high tech that check if you hotel booking ID / insurance policy actually exist.

The QR code is just a link to a page / database, when you put all those informations it just put all your documents in one of their database and generates a link = a QR code.

While some of these informations might be read by a software (Vaccine (if standard) and passport) it maybe doesn't read everything.

Edited by Pepper9187

4 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Then it probably doesn't even read these  / some of these ? documents ;

It just link your document JPEG with the insurance policy ID you've entered in the form and embed it into a QR code.

Then when the immigration officer check your QR code he'll ask you for all those documents and review them.

Do not think of that QR code as something really high tech that check if you hotel booking ID / insurance booking ID actually exist.

They just embed all these things into a QR code that's linked to a database for the immigration officer to review.

They probably automatically check the vaccine QR code and your passport and that's all.

Well I'll give it a go regarding the insurance but I still find it difficult to believe that they've employed such technology yet limited it to png/jpeg formats.

My vaccine certificates, hotel booking and insurance policy (55 pages approx) are all in PDF format so I have to scan them all in and save as jpegs.  The insurance pages will, I believe, have to be merged (free online program) in order to be able to send enough. So, loads of mucking about and this is just the paperwork - all the above items had to be obtained - and they want tourists?  Not a hope - just us mugs that have no choice.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:37 PM, DavidMS said:

That’s crazy - just checked my NHS  certificate and no middle name either so would appear it’s standard for it not to be included. This must be an error on the Thais’ part - maybe email them and tell them that UK vaccination certificates don’t include middle names?  If I’m going to be rejected for that reason also I hope they hurry up and do it so I can at least argue my case…

Applied today, no middle names on vaccine certificate but middle names on passport.

No issues, in fact it took 7 mins for them to authorise.

If they are being manually checked then maybe some of them are more lenient than others

15 hours ago, WhatAboutBob said:

NO Insurance company will ever pay for a hospital stay and treatment if you are not sick.

There are, such as AXA and Tune Protect which are a good back up policy if your normal insurance doesn't. 

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Well I'll give it a go regarding the insurance but I still find it difficult to believe that they've employed such technology yet limited it to png/jpeg formats.

My vaccine certificates, hotel booking and insurance policy (55 pages approx) are all in PDF format so I have to scan them all in and save as jpegs.  The insurance pages will, I believe, have to be merged (free online program) in order to be able to send enough. So, loads of mucking about and this is just the paperwork - all the above items had to be obtained - and they want tourists?  Not a hope - just us mugs that have no choice.

Oh yeah totally agree on that part.

The system is <deleted> and unpleasant (at best) to use, especially because of that JPEG format.

But trust me it's automatic when it works.

8 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

This has probably been mentioned before but I suspect most of us are applying for the Thai Pass as we have a vested interested in Thailand

HOWEVER

How frickin' insane do you have to be to go through all this hassle as a first-time tourist ? If I meet you in Thailand then I'm giving you a very wide berth!!!!!! ????

Guinea pigs you said !?

• Haha 1

minutes ago I got my QR Code. It was for my second of two applications done on 5 November, using gmail, and also where I cleaned up a few things over my first application on 2 November. My departure date is Saturday the 13th.

To say I am relieved is a massive understatement. I'm the type who likes to plan every detail and have everything set well in advance, and this uncertainty was really stressing me out. 

This morning at about 9:30 AM I sent a second email to "[email protected]" and a first email to the Thai Consulate in LA at "'[email protected]' ".  The approval email came in about 2 hours later. I have no idea if either of the emails helped, or if my application just finally came up in the queue.

Massive thanks to all who posted helpful tips on here.  I plan to do a second trip in mid-December and really hope it's a lot smoother by then.

• Like 1

The information below would fit with several threads running at the moment - I'll leave it to the mods as to where it should go.

I've seen several posts regarding entry to Thailand and Thailand Pass that mention an ATK test on day 6 or 7.  I've even seen a booking confirmation for a 1 night stay under 'Test & Go' that says the Antigen Test Kit will be supplied.

To the best of my knowledge you do not need an ATK if you are entering under Test & Go - once your negative RT-PCT result arrives, you are free to go with no further restrictions. ATK is for Sandbox entries.

If you read this, its quite clear:

3. I will be responsible for all relevant costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic tests by RT-PCR technique at locations designated by the Thai Government. I shall undertake the first test upon my arrival in Thailand and should I stay in the Sandbox Programme for 7 days, I shall undertake a second test during the 6th-7th day or as required or deemed necessary by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

4. For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

But this (which I believe to be incorrect) from:

https://thaiembdc.org/2021/10/21/enterthailandafter1nov/

contradicts the above (bottom section under exemption from quarantine).

%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%

Edited by KhaoYai

16 hours ago, WhatAboutBob said:

NO Insurance company will ever pay for a hospital stay and treatment if you are not sick.

Mine covers me for accommodation up to £2000 if I'm instructed to quarantine. I don't think they discriminate between a hotel or a hospital but clearly the latter will use up that £2000 at a much higher rate of knotts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The information below would fit with several threads running at the moment - I'll leave it to the mods as to where it should go.

I've seen several posts regarding entry to Thailand and Thailand Pass that mention an ATK test on day 6 or 7.  I've even seen a booking confirmation for a 1 night stay under 'Test & Go' that says the Antigen Test Kit will be supplied.

To the best of my knowledge you do not need an ATK if you are entering under Test & Go - once your negative RT-PCT result arrives, you are free to go with no further restrictions. ATK is for Sandbox entries.

If you read this, its quite clear

3. I will be responsible for all relevant costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic tests by RT-PCR technique at locations designated by the Thai Government. I shall undertake the first test upon my arrival in Thailand and should I stay in the Sandbox Programme for 7 days, I shall undertake a second test during the 6th-7th day or as required or deemed necessary by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

Sounds like ... USER ERROR to me !!! ????????????

19 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The information below would fit with several threads running at the moment - I'll lave it to the mods as to where it should go.

If you read this, its quite clear

Yup,

And that's why so many people are confused.

Because of the way the hotel call their bookings, everything get mixed up.

a SHA+ certified hotel will issue a AQ booking for the "test and go" scheme.

But a SHA+ booking (in a SHA+ hotel) is only necessary for the "sandbox" scheme.

And at the same time some website like Asq.in.th sell some "Test and go" 1 night package clearly marked as SHA+ while they're ... AQ bookings.

Do you know what i'm saying !?

God help me.

PS : it's all clear to me right now, but i don't think it's clear for ... lots of folks here.

Edited by Pepper9187

4 minutes ago, Sandro777 said:

Sounds like ... USER ERROR to me !!! ????????????

Its nothing new to be honest.  I don't know what it is with Thai governments - they construct rules and regulations but they either don't issue them clearly to all departments or they allow regional 'warlords' to interpret the rules as they see fit. The result of that is often mayhem and in some circumstances it sets the scene for a few 'brown envlopes' to be requested.

7 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yup,

And that's why so many people are confused.

Because of the way the hotel call their bookings, everything get mixed up.

a SHA+ certified hotel will issue a AQ booking for the "test and go" scheme.

But a SHA+ booking (in a SHA+ hotel) is only necessary for the "sandbox" scheme.

And at the same time some website like Asq.in.th sell some "Test and go" 1 night package clearly marked as SHA+ while they're ... AQ hotels.

Do you know what i'm saying !?

God help me.

Th

To be fair I'm sick and tired of the whole thing at the moment - as my wife (Thai) says - only Thailand! To be fair to the hotels, we don't know what information they are given - probably as bad as that we get.

They do this with everything they lay their hands on, sometimes you could scream - ITS NOT BLOODY DIFFICULT!!!

How do they make it so?

I don't travel until 29 December, I think I'm going to take a few days off from all this before my brain is totally fried.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

How frickin' insane do you have to be to go through all this hassle as a first-time tourist ? If I meet you in Thailand then I'm giving you a very wide berth!!!!!!

555 555 555 - Good one!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

To be fair I'm sick and tired of the whole thing at the moment - as my wife (Thai) says - only Thailand!

They do this with everything they lay their hands on, sometimes you could scream - ITS NOT BLOODY DIFFICULT!!!

How do they make it so?

I don't travel until 29 December, I think I'm going to take a few days off from all this before my brain is totally fried.

Yeah they really <deleted>*cked up my mind when i started to understand the whole SHA+ certified hotels vs SHA+ bookings vs SHA+ hotels giving AQ bookings vs normal AQ bookings.

WHY would you do that ? it's like if you wanted to <deleted> someone's head that'd be perfect.

Edited by Pepper9187

50 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

If you read this, its quite clear:

You are incorrect. It says right there at the bottom of that image you posted.  "ATK self-test on Day 6-7".

Edited by shdmn

Hello everyone,

I have applied for the Thai Pass today and have recieved confirmation about it. I am still missing my SHABA certificate from the Hotel and I have not booked a pcr test at the airport yet. My flight is leaving in 30 hours. Are SHABA certifcate and PCR airport test something that is checked upon Thai Pass? Furthermore if I would not get Thai-Pass acceptance before my flight. Has anyone got any experience with Lufthansa wether they are checking on Thai Pass before departure? Other members of this chat posted that they could enter the plane without Thai Pass and after showing all required documents required to enter in Thailand locally they have been granted access. Is this a gamble worth taking? My last question really just is how damn <deleted>ty can your tourist entry system be? Is any country worse than Thailand?

Furthermore I have booked my hotel through booking.com . What should I choose now when choosing how I booked. Of course it is an SHA Plus hotel.

Please help I am desperate

Edited by Querparker
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 11:27 AM, marcardar said:

Not working for Janssen vaccine because still need to add second dose, and it won't accept duplicating data of first dose.

I have a EU Vaccination Certificate and it only shows ...overall doses... 2/2.

I was told to load up the same certificate twice. Date of 2nd Vaccination must be later than the first one. I gave in 25.6. instead of 24.6.

The application was accepted and I received my confirmation email immediately.

Lets hope they understand the problem (only 1 certificate) when they check my application.

3 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yeah they really <deleted>*cked up my mind when i started to understand the whole SHA+ certified hotels vs SHA+ bookings vs SHA+ hotels giving AQ bookings vs AQ bookings.

WHY would you do that ? it's like if you wanted to <deleted> someone's head that'd be perfect.

I'm more convinced that I ever was that we are trying/hoping to deal with children.

I don't know if you remember the case of the 2 Myanmar guys convicted of rape and murder.  To any normal adult with a modicum of grey matter it was clear that the 2 poor sods were being railroaded.  Reading some of the testimony from Thai police officers was like reading a child's bedtime story book.  DNA was first lost, then 'all used up' so the defence couldn't get any independently tested - neither of the accused's DNA was found on the murder weapon.

The above is way off topic so I won't dwell further on it but it all goes towards my feeling that whenever I have to deal with the Thai authorities, I should expect junior school tactics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman said:

I was told to load up the same certificate twice. Date of 2nd Vaccination must be later than the first one. I gave in 25.6. instead of 24.6.

Lets hope they understand the problem (only 1 certificate) when they check my application.

You have recieved your acceptance directly after requesting the pass?

3 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Thanks for the info.  Just curious what day did you apply and what do you fly?

I still have 5 days but that's not much and the stress level ratchets up with every day with no QR Code.

I applied on the morning of the 4th and got approved on the 8th at 1:15pm (Thailand times).

I fly out of ORD on Wednesday at 6:30pm and arrive at BKK at 6:30am Friday.

For what it's worth, If I didn't get it by Tuesday I was prepared to send an email to [email protected]

In both English and Thai. The Thai was written for me by a sharp university student and was aimed at being as polite as possible while asking for help. The Thai portion, I'm told, is very polite and respectful.

I didn't have to send it, so I can't say that it will help, but here it is, along with the English that I wrote.

กราบสวัสดีครับ

ผมรู้ว่าช่วงนี้คุณทำงานอย่างหนัก หนักหน่วงเเละขอขอบพระคุณสำหรับความช่วยเหลือของคุณเป็นอย่างสูง

เที่ยวบินของผมขาออกในคืนวันพุธ (วันพฤหัสบดี 07:30 น. ตามเวลาประเทศไทย)  ผมจะถึงกรุงเทพฯ วันศุกร์ ในช่วงเวลา 06.30 น.

ฉันได้ส่งใบสมัครสำหรับ "Test and Go" Thailand Pass เป็นที่เรียบร้อยครับผม
 ถ้าเป็นไปได้ยังไงผมขออนุญาตช่วยเหลือผมในการตรวจสอบใบสมัครของผมทีครับ
(ในวันพุธที่ 10 พฤศจิกายน)

หมายเลขหนังสือเดินทางของผมคือ [your passport number]
 ฉันได้รับการฉีดวัคซีนครบถ้วนเรียบร้อยและได้ชำระค่าประกัน การทดสอบ PCR และโรงแรม SHA+ เรียบร้อย
 เอกสารทั้งหมดนี้รวมอยู่ในใบสมัครครับ

ขอขอบคุณเป็นอย่างสูงและขออภัยในความไม่สดวกใน ณ ที่นี้ด้วยครับ 

[Your name]

---------
Hello!

I know you are working hard. Thank you for your effort!
My flight leaves on Wednesday night (Thursday 07:30 Thailand time). I will arrive at BKK Friday at 6:30am.
I have already submitted an application for the "Test and Go" Thailand Pass.
If possible can you please review my application for the Test and Go by Wednesday 10 November?

My passport number is xxxxxxx
I am fully vaccinated and have paid for the insurance, PCR test and SHA+ hotel.
All the documents are included in the application.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shdmn said:

You are wrong. It says right there at the bottom of that image you posted.  "ATK self-test on Day 6-7".

Did you actually read my post or were you as usual, in a rush to try and appear superior?

I said it was there at the bottom on the Washington embassy's website but the government's site: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy states otherwise.

I'm not going to start yet another argument with you on this - I don't suffer fools, read the full post and the links.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand

NO ATK!!!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rman said:

Glad the trick worked !

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

How frickin' insane do you have to be to go through all this hassle as a first-time tourist ? If I meet you in Thailand then I'm giving you a very wide berth!!!!!! ????

Promise?

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1