Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

20 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Are you getting the "Error from API server" message?

Sadly yes. The last of many error messages at different stages. I thought I was getting there, but got that on the final submission. Guess it's back to bed for me and try again later. Cutting it fine, I fly on the 8th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A little slow now but if patient you get further.

image.png.9d45312c6b53ee6decb6a8b87ead7adb.png

Like you, I don't plan on going any further. With insurance unavailable for those of a similar age as me it seems that our travels abroad are on the back burner. At 88, maybe for ever.☹️

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You lost the plot. 

The issue is uploading 2 Jpegs, which is not permitted. So, you have to concatenate 2 Jpegs into 1.

That's doable, but I doubt the ordinary 2 weeks tourist can do the image concatenations.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KruJoe said:

If you have a PDF of 2/3/4 pages, how can you do one screenshot of the whole thing on the laptop without losing readable resolution?

take a screenshot, is the same on a laptop or smart phone, ZERO differnce

15 minutes ago, bolt said:

My comment was related to

emailing a PDF from laptop to smart phone

then take a screenshot of the pdf,

and then email that screenshot back to the laptop

why not take a screenshot on the laptop , no need to email anything

For 1 page documents, you can just export a JPEG from an PDF.

No idea what you are on about with one device taking a snapshot of another device's screen. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I've tried three different browsers.

Must have tried at least 12 times now.

Still can't register.

"Error from API server"

This is not likely a browser error, looks like a backend error.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who initially received the  Error from API Server if they have since been able to register and how.

Have tried different browsers, devices and always get this error at the final click and the insurance doc removed

Edited by Reigntax
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

Did you get a code to check the status of your pass online? The old COE system had 6 digit access code for online checks. Email is not a 100% reliable method of communication.

No. No code given on submission success notice or or email acknowledgement. 

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Thank you very much for the info. I feel it's still too much for the average tourist to bother with when so many easier, less expensive options are out there.

If Thailand really wants tourists then they are going to have to simplify the Thailand pass significantly. The USA ESTA application is easier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marjf said:

Has anybody got past the API error?  Mine went through like a dream and yes there was an email acknowledgement but partners stuck.  One not much use without the other ????

There are various people on FB reporting success after getting the API error. At this moment it all looks random...it could be a piece of information which block the process. In any case it looks like poorly written and documented application. From what I've seen the vaccine info seems to be vague...maybe the info there triggers errors.

Also:

"The certificate of vaccination should include your personal information for identification such as your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and vaccination details."

The EU digital covid certificate doesn't include nationality or passport number...In fact people are not required to have passports to be vaccinated. Don't know how they would handle this.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Triglav said:

Backend is running on and off intermittently. If IT-inclined, you can peek at the request being sent and resend that manually until you are lucky to get a server response. Otherwise, wait/resubmit form again until it works.

Note that some requests can get stuck registered but not processed correctly, and you'll get blocked from submitting a request with same passport number again, I've had to add a space into mine to get things moving again.

This system is a disaster.

Some people on FB received QR codes already, so it could be shorter than 5 business days. Good hack with the space...did you add it in the front or the back?

10 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Some people on FB received QR codes already, so it could be shorter than 5 business days. Good hack with the space...did you add it in the front or the back?

My passport has series (the first two digits) & number separated by a space as is, so I just put that in.