Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

5 minutes ago, abrise said:

Right but in many places authorities have required a booster for Janssen one dose, I have done it with Moderna. And you posibly have to do it.

Many people have had their first Janssen dose recently. Yes, some people might have had a booster dose. But some might not. For those people, it doesn't work. I'm wary of adding a false second dose date in case it causes problems down the line.

What's the deal with "length of stay">? If you put a short duration (e.g. 7 days) and arrive on a visa exemption would that prevent you from staying longer in any way (or perhaps extension opportunities) should you change your plans?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, terryp said:

for your info , all was made on Brave browser and over vpn

This worked for me as well after numerous attempts to submit on IE/Chrome.

I used Brave, connected my VPN to Thailand, and as people have suggested, added blank space to end of passport number. So could successfully submit, now just waiting for email.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcardar said:

What's the deal with "length of stay">? If you put a short duration (e.g. 7 days) and arrive on a visa exemption would that prevent you from staying longer in any way (or perhaps extension opportunities) should you change your plans?

No... It looks like one of those questions asked without any real thought !

It even asks the same question for Thai’s which is somewhat ridiculous.... 

I just put 90 days on both my form and that of my Wife and Son.

(API Error continues to be an issue !)

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... It looks like one of those questions asked without any real thought !

It even asks the same question for Thai’s which is somewhat ridiculous.... 

I just put 90 days on both my form and that of my Wife and Son.

(API Error continues to be an issue !)

I was thinking whatever length of stay you put, you'll need to provide insurance that covers that duration. Therefore, you want to put as short a stay as you might actually do, and then just add on extra insurance coverage as and when it is necessary.

52 minutes ago, marcardar said:

Not working for Janssen vaccine because still need to add second dose, and it won't accept duplicating data of first dose.

Probably an error.

It should of dropped the 2nd one for the Janssen vaccine or whatever it says on the drop down menu to select it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Ok. After 50 attempts I was successful. Previously each time I received the API error.

go back to the passport page and type a space after your passport number. Then next through to the last page, update you insurance details and hopefully success like I did.

received a confirmation email immediately but not the approval as yet .

hope this helps

Did you re-do the whole form 50 times or just keep re-loading the insurance doc and then re-submit?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Am receiving this message - Error from API Server.

Anyone know what this means!???

Help!!!

418533060_Screenshot2021-11-01100011.jpg.ab67fd3332af696498e5aed9396ae558.jpg

Yes i have the same issue, i tryed Firefox, Edge allwas the same Error from API Server, its a shame. The other thing is that i have everyting as PDF and not as Picture. The Developer seems not very clever, also a Browser refresch empty all the Inputs. What for a Pain!

16 minutes ago, Reigntax said:
51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly the same....   (been the same for the last few hours). 

At least we don’t have to re-type all the earlier information and resubmit all the other documents. 

Expand  

Ok. After 50 attempts I was successful. Previously each time I received the API error.

go back to the passport page and type a space after your passport number. Then next through to the last page, update you insurance details and hopefully success like I did.

received a confirmation email immediately but not the approval as yet .

hope this helps

I’ve tried different browsers, VPN’s (Thai location) and of course the ‘space’ after the Passport numbers.... 

Nothing works yet (still the API Error) - I think its more a matter of luck with the timing than anything else at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I submitted successfully now the application and received a confirmation email. Here is what I did...but as the app breaks here and there it is not guaranteed it would work for everyone????

I tried tens of times with Firefox and Chrome (without VPN and with US terminated VPN) and was getting the same API error. Looked here and at various FB forums, and someone mentioned cross origin issues (I think "Triglav"? ) and I decided to have a look. Delved into the Chrome DevTools and there were heaps of CORS blocks.

Next step I installed the "Allow CORS" extension for Chrome, enabled the plugin, restarted Chrome, filled in everything again and resubmitted. No API error this time, but a "duplicate passport number". Went back a few pages, put a blank after the passport number, uploaded again my insurance info (removes the uploaded file every time on failure) and resubmitted again. Success! Got a confirmation email as well.

This could be a nightmare for a non-techie 70+ years old retiree, so was having a chat with ThaiConsular on LINE, and strongly suggested that they add a support link on the front page where the users can submit either a web form or get a support email where they can report errors. Hopefully they'll listen.

The whole thing looks worse than an undergraduate computer science project, especially the user interface. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner than later.

many thanks seems installing the allow CORS extension worked for me, received success email instantly

2 minutes ago, leelee77 said:

many thanks seems installing the allow CORS extension worked for me, received success email instantly

I still think its lucky timing...   I’ve had success with my registration (still not received an e-mail).

I have not had any success and continued to get the API error registering for my Wife and Son.

Its just a matter of trying and trying again.... 

8 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

Do you guys know if they would accept Expedia insurance (CAD$ :262,000) includes covid-19, but worded pretty poorly in their documentation... just good on their reservation page but not a lot of information about in-out patient stuff.

It appears to meet the coverage requirements.

More info would be needed as far as when it starts and whether it covers asthmatic hospitalization.

I assume that would be shown in these shown at the bottom of the image you posted.

image.png.a53d6e69c69bf7718628ad2cc611f0d6.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I submitted successfully now the application and received a confirmation email. Here is what I did...but as the app breaks here and there it is not guaranteed it would work for everyone????

I tried tens of times with Firefox and Chrome (without VPN and with US terminated VPN) and was getting the same API error. Looked here and at various FB forums, and someone mentioned cross origin issues (I think "Triglav"? ) and I decided to have a look. Delved into the Chrome DevTools and there were heaps of CORS blocks.

Next step I installed the "Allow CORS" extension for Chrome, enabled the plugin, restarted Chrome, filled in everything again and resubmitted. No API error this time, but a "duplicate passport number". Went back a few pages, put a blank after the passport number, uploaded again my insurance info (removes the uploaded file every time on failure) and resubmitted again. Success! Got a confirmation email as well.

This could be a nightmare for a non-techie 70+ years old retiree, so was having a chat with ThaiConsular on LINE, and strongly suggested that they add a support link on the front page where the users can submit either a web form or get a support email where they can report errors. Hopefully they'll listen.

The whole thing looks worse than an undergraduate computer science project, especially the user interface. Hopefully it gets fixed sooner than later.

Hey guys are you writing all this down so you can create a manual step by step process and hopefully by the end of your day you you can start the process all over again. So how long do we wait for the Thai government to realize their latest brain storm does not work? Maybe hire some 7-11 kid next time you wish to create another webpage that does not work. Better yet hire a monkey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears to meet the coverage requirements.

More info would be needed as far as when it starts and whether it covers asthmatic hospitalization.

I assume that would be shown in these shown at the bottom of the image you posted.

image.png.a53d6e69c69bf7718628ad2cc611f0d6.png

Asymptomatic Covid cover is not needed for entry purposes.

35 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Thanks!! I did everything and really it solved the problems. But now there is a new post: "421 4.4.5 Too many messages from this host last hour"

You have an idea?

9 hours ago, bolt said:

I wonder how long it will take to iron out the problems ????

I can’t believe it won’t accept PDF

So instead take a screen shot of you PDF and upload that

Do if someone takes a screenshot is that a special type of file or just a simple basic file? 

4 hours ago, gearbox said:
4 hours ago, Capella said:

It means that one of the back end services upon which the Web form depends has timed out or is unavailable/overloaded. 

Best to try later. Using anything like this on the first day is asking for trouble. 

Some of us have flights soon. They have shut down the old CoE system in the past week or so, any application problems now hopefully shouldn't last long...otherwise I have to rebook everything.

You probably won't be able to fly before the 7th November. It is in the MFA's own guidelines.

5. How long does the approval process take with Thailand Pass? 

- Applicants are required to submit their registration at least 7 days before their intended travel date.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs

On 1 Nov at around 7pm Thailand time "and just playing around with the TP website" I couldn't get past the initial page where you start entering some info like what country you  are coming from, length of stay, Thai airport arriving at, etc.  I would always get below error whether using a Thailand IP address or US VPN connection IP address.  I was using Chrome browser in normal mode.

But if I switch to use Chrome in "Incognito Window/Mode" then I can get past the first page without below error.  Also if using Windows Edge browser I can get past the first page without error.  But as mentioned, if using Chrome in normal mode I always get below error.   

Chrome is the most popular/used computer browser on Earth.....too bad the TP website has problems with Chrome....Thai website development at its best.  

image.png.5673dd56f43940dac90430c7c946e690.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Hey guys are you writing all this down so you can create a manual step by step process and hopefully by the end of your day you you can start the process all over again. So how long do we wait for the Thai government to realize their latest brain storm does not work? Maybe hire some 7-11 kid next time you wish to create another webpage that does not work. Better yet hire a monkey.

Are you outside Thailand and hoping to return using Thailand Pass or are your already here and just gurning as usual?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ronen said:

Thanks!! I did everything and really it solved the problems. But now there is a new post: "421 4.4.5 Too many messages from this host last hour"

You have an idea

"421 – Your message was temporarily deferred by the recipient server. This is usually a result of too many connections in a short timeframe or too many messages."

Did you receive a confirmation email? 421 is a SMTP server message suggesting there are too many emails in the queue. Wait for an hour or two, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do receive it it means your submission should be OK.

43 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Did you re-do the whole form 50 times or just keep re-loading the insurance doc and then re-submit?

No, just reused and kept resubmitting

after I made the change it worked first time

Edited by Reigntax

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You probably won't be able to fly before the 7th November. It is in the MFA's own guidelines.

5. How long does the approval process take with Thailand Pass? 

- Applicants are required to submit their registration at least 7 days before their intended travel date.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs

I'm flying on 11th, but FB users are reporting they already got the pass QR code today.

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

"421 – Your message was temporarily deferred by the recipient server. This is usually a result of too many connections in a short timeframe or too many messages."

Did you receive a confirmation email? 421 is a SMTP server message suggesting there are too many emails in the queue. Wait for an hour or two, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do receive it it means your submission should be OK.

no. I have not received any email yet. Yes I received some error messages that the passport number is already registered .. so I added some digits of "00" And it passed, Then I got the message: "421 4.4.5 Too many messages from this host last hour" . Thanks

• Haha 1