Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

7 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

They have been saying for a long time now to allow for 7 days of processing time, I hope for you they will be quicker than expected... the whole process is pretty stressful to be honest, between lack luster information and convoluted process, they are really pushing the the tourist will to travel.  

My COE was approved last week so I'll just use that instead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I'd say more like up and hobbling.  Buddy of mine from CA just gave up for the night.  All his docs are .pdf's and the site is bombing out.  Have steered him to the Adobe website that will convert .pdf to jpg for free after setting up a free account.  He has no programs that will convert .pdf or "save as" to another format.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/pdf-to-jpg.html

That's easy - just screenshot the PDF and save the screenshot as a JPG. If he's using Windows, Snipping Tool and / or Snip & Sketch are built in. I don't know Apple at all but have no doubt the same facility exists.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jonzboy said:

I added my passport number onto a pdf file under my name and date of birth using text tool.  I successfully used it to get COE approval.  I suggest you add in nationality as well as this has now been included in the TP requirements, e.g. "UK Passport No. 123456789". And then, of course, save as a jpg file.

This may work for a few people in the beginning, but eventually someone will notice that these passport numbers are not all in the same place if it gets more widely used.

The Thai Canadian Embassy called back... they are saying it should work even without the passport number on the vaccination card... 

Her answer "Of course Sir, not all information will be on the vaccination document, if your name and date of birth is enough"

I will try to send it normally and hope for the best I guess... I do have a handwritten paper with vaccine information here, I could just write passport number on it as it is a pretty non-useful document for Quebec/Canada...

Edited by Gustomucho
  • Like 2

interesting reading the replies. this system and process is clearly not designed to encourage tourism to thailand. it's for domestic consumption, the government want to the people to see they are doing something, but actually they are discouraging 'tourists' from visiting.

i'd suggest this will be the case until they get around 80% of the population double vaccinated, and the booster vaccinations underway.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Triglav said:

Backend is running on and off intermittently. If IT-inclined, you can peek at the request being sent and resend that manually until you are lucky to get a server response. Otherwise, wait/resubmit form again until it works.

Note that some requests can get stuck registered but not processed correctly, and you'll get blocked from submitting a request with same passport number again, I've had to add a space into mine to get things moving again.

This system is a disaster.

This system is a disaster - too right!!

From your sentence beginning "If IT-inclined......" I know exactly what you mean, but if their system allows you to get at the backend that easily, security is almost zero! HELP!!!!!  And when you say "Otherwise, wait/resubmit form again until it works.".....I wonder what the timeout settings are!  Programming 101 ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Patranfto said:

I went through all the pages and after the last page it gives me an API error!

Anyone knows what that means?

Read this thread from the top for a helpful answer but basically it means they got the programmers in Khao San Road 

• Haha 1

No luck at all on MacBook Pro running latest Mojave.

Safari and Firefox do nothing when clicking "Next" on Vaccination page after uploading CDC vaccine card.

When opening the page in Opera I get: Opera has recovered from a crash.

Chrome either hangs or says it cannot load the page.

Anyone able to successfully register using a mac?

Ive been trying both https://tp.consular.go.th/en/registration and https://tp.consular.go.th

I tried many times few hours ago for myself. After 10 times it worked and said successful and i got the confirmation by email. After that i tried for my dad, easily 30 times. Always the server problem.

I already booked the flights and everything. I think without the thai pass it wont be possible to enter thailand ?

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, VBF said:

Read this thread from the top for a helpful answer but basically it means they got the programmers in Khao San Road 

The fact that the users can control how the app behaves just by adding blanks around is worrying. It indicates that basic input checks are not done. Hopefully that's not an indication of the overall quality, otherwise they may have security issues sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

The Thai Canadian Embassy called back... they are saying it should work even without the passport number on the vaccination card... 

Her answer "Of course Sir, not all information will be on the vaccination document, if your name and date of birth is enough"

I will try to send it normally and hope for the best I guess... I do have a handwritten paper with vaccine information here, I could just write passport number on it as it is a pretty non-useful document for Quebec/Canada...

Should work and does work are not the same. I'm seeing many reports of that document being rejected for lack of passport number. Insane.

1 hour ago, Reigntax said:

No, just reused and kept resubmitting

after I made the change it worked first time

To be clear, using your original passport number, you were unable to complete your application. Then, you added a space after your passport number, and was able to complete the application.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I changed it with the hotel, they recognized the problem, and were very helpful.

Thanks. So, I am scheduled to arrive on 11/28 at 00:05. I was going to book 11/27-11/28 for the one night required. Sounds like if I do that then the system will give me the same problem you did. So, I need to negotiate with the hotel to actually book me for 11/28-11/29, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

Thanks. So, I am scheduled to arrive on 11/28 at 00:05. I was going to book 11/27-11/28 for the one night required. Sounds like if I do that then the system will give me the same problem you did. So, I need to negotiate with the hotel to actually book me for 11/28-11/29, right?

I am on the same flight.

You need to book 11/28 to 11/29, as you suggest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Looks like the Thailand Pass is sooooo much better than the COE! Tourists will be flooding in any minute!

Well they are, which is why the site is timing out today, as was expected on the first day.  If it's not enough tourists it's too much tourist demand causing the website to crashes.  Either way you all will whine about it.

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Everything Picture said:

I'd suggest that people that are flying in the second half of the month should save themselves some stress, chill out for a bit and let the more in need tourists be the guinea pigs.  Overloading the system unnecessarily isn't helping anyone.

More to the point, Thailand Pass staff are probably processing based on flight date, so if you are flying in December, expect a long wait for your QR code.