Three quarters of Thais worried about ending the booze ban - even in restaurants, poll suggests

webfact

On 11/1/2021 at 3:05 AM, 2long said:

72% is NOT three quarters! ????

And who did they survey? A load of teetotallers? ???? 

A fair point although I suspect most of the people complaining about the ban on alcohol and the results of this survey are probably people who like to drink alcohol and possibly pretty committed to it.

From what I've seen reported in the UK the problem isn't actually alcohol but the fact that some people consume enough to make them a bit lax in their precautions regarding Covid. Sensible drinking is fine.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:06 AM, smedly said:

OMG - ask a stupid question

I would imagine the question mentioned concern about restaurants reopening and this has been lost in the reporting. 

What does look a bit odd is the fact that the numbers add up to 100%. There's usually a fair proportion of don't knows with this sort of question.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:35 PM, spidermike007 said:

Well, based on how the children are behaving, one would surmise they consider consuming a glass of beer or wine with dinner, at a socially distanced restaurant, to be absolutely deadly behavior. 

I think the issue is with those who drink too much and stop socially distancing and other precautions. If you could get rid of those then there's probably not so much of a problem and that would obviously be good for those businesses that serve alcohol and particularly where alcohol is the main service being provided.

I don't know if this is the thinking behind the ban, just putting forward what I've seen.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, spidermike007 said:

Beer does not cause Covid!

Stupidity, Prayuth and Anutin's highly selective policies do. 

I suspect beer and stupidity has caused the peak in the UK. They could learn a thing or two from Thailand. 

The other questions on this survey were.

Are you Buddhist?...yes.

Do you drink alcohol?... errrr  No.

Do you want tourists to return to Thailand?....No.

Have you had your two COVID vaccine shots?, still waiting for the second one.

Just my thoughts.

Geezer

6 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

More "polls" from the Ministry of Brainwashing. Who did they send the questionnaires to? The killjoy squad?

I have my doubts about these results but maybe not everyone is obsessed with alcohol or needs it to enjoy themselves. 

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I suspect beer and stupidity has caused the peak in the UK. They could learn a thing or two from Thailand. 

I suspect that was also the case in Thailand....... certainly the Bangkok nightclubs was cited, followed by a national holiday that many in Choburi thought spread it to here. 

At least Thailand recognized it.....

On 11/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, Stargeezr said:

The other questions on this survey were.

Are you Buddhist?...yes.

Do you drink alcohol?... errrr  No.

Do you want tourists to return to Thailand?....No.

Have you had your two COVID vaccine shots?, still waiting for the second one.

Just my thoughts.

Geezer