SHA+ hotel package? 1 night + PCR + transport

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone booking on the thai pass to travel very soon now is just nuts - or desperate. If you've waiting 18 months like me and many others, you're ok to wait a few more weeks or a month to wait for the desperate to iron it out, help fix it just or collapse it

We planned to go to Germany during the Northern smoky saison of the coming year. Will not happen under this idiotic conditions of the military Thai government. It's only interest is to MAKE MONEY out of this pandemie. What a shame.

We have time to wait, too.

4 minutes ago, Velleman said:

Where or in what wayhave you guys booked your SHA+ hotel package?

I was in the Phuket Sandbox last month.

No package, I booked a SHA+ hotel on Agoda for 600 baht per night.

They needed my passportcopy for the SHABA registration

Booked and paid the tests here https://www.thailandpsas.com/

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Velleman said:

Where or in what way have you guys booked your SHA+ hotel package?

Agoda is an option I used (week 1 of Sandbox in Sept )

Direct Bank Transfer was another option I used to pay when dealing with a hotel directly (week 2 of Sandbox in Sept). 

We are now applying for return (Thailand Pass) and have booked the AQ hotel directly, paid for with Credit Card (online link to a secure payment system). 

Thailand Pass niggles are ongoing (site seems to have too much traffic - API Error) - Travelling in a week. 

42 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone booking on the thai pass to travel very soon now is just nuts - or desperate. If you've waiting 18 months like me and many others, you're ok to wait a few more weeks or a month to wait for the desperate to iron it out, help fix it just or collapse it

Been in and out over the past year for work (CoE was a simple enough process). 

This time was a family visit to the UK - Now getting back to Thailand as my son’s school is re-opening next week. 

Thailand Plus is a simple enough process (it seems) IF the site is working !!! - thats the only issue, the site (Thailand Plus) cannot handle the volume of traffic - so we have to keep trying and wait for a quieter period. 

That should smooth out once the initial rush is over...................I hope !

I’ve no issues with complying with the 1 Night in AQ and a PCR test - I think its actually a good idea. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Velleman said:

So, according to the thailandpass website i have to book a hotel package for a minimum of 1 night, must get picked up from the airport by the hotel and the PCR-test must be done on the hotel premises.

There are multiple SHA+ hotels listed on booking.com but none offers such a package. I want to clearly know what the PCR test and the pickup from the airport will cost. I don't want to be slapped with a bill of 10k+ for pickup and a PCR-test!
I found one hotel in BKK siam offering such a package but they are asking me to email a lot of sensitive documents like passport and both sides of creditcard! No way. What's wrong with these people?

Thanks Velleman, exactly the problem I am facing.
Ditto Agoda

21 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Try Agoda.  Just tried a random date in November and got 33 choices for 1 night with test and pick up..  Be sure to select "quarantine package".

Thanks Upnotover. "Test and Go" 1 night stay packages in Bangkok SHA Plus? Even the SHA Plus hotels' own websites do not provide enough information. I had to ring them to request information. Not quarantine packages

6 minutes ago, ckee said:

Thanks Upnotover. "Test and Go" 1 night stay packages in Bangkok SHA Plus? Even the SHA Plus hotels' own websites do not provide enough information. I had to ring them to request information. Not quarantine packages

Well this is what the 1st of 33 says (as do all the others);

image.png.d875ad9069b7805d6756e8c4856b9ec4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys, i'm starting to feel i made a mistake booking the flight for my wife. She also has already taken time off from work which was not easy to do. We're not retired.... and we don't have all the time in the world to reschedule things because this piece of * government can't even set up a simple registration website.

The only way to buy a package is from agoda, as mentioned by some posters.
I tried to reason with the hotel in siam but they say there's no other option to book than sending both sides of a credit card and a copy of the passport by email. Knowing how they deal with such sensitive matters in Thailand, no thanks!

The credit card must be on the name of the person staying in the hotel which is not me. My wife is going and she does not own a credit card. By the way, credit cards are really not even a thing where we live! Everything is done here with electronic payment or ATM card.

To buy a whole package seems to be mandatory. From the thailand pass website:

"Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)"

You must also be picked up by the hotel taxi/van, although that's not clearly mentioned on the website.

So 1 night + transport + PCR-test package PRE-PAID! Booking the room only like some posters (and the hotel self) have mentioned will not work.

The flight ticket has already been booked, arriving early in the evening. That means she'll probably be quarantined for 2 nights. Test&go? yeah right!

This whole test&go is utter BS. It's just a shortened quarantine with still too many hoops to go through.
I'm starting to get frustrated with the inconsistency and lack of clearly stated requirements and regulations.
What was i thinking? Nothing has changed since we left Thailand. It's still the same bureaucratic, incompetent government that can't get anything right. F...

Edited by Velleman
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I was in the Phuket Sandbox last month.

No package, I booked a SHA+ hotel on Agoda for 600 baht per night.

They needed my passportcopy for the SHABA registration

Booked and paid the tests here https://www.thailandpsas.com/

This is mentioned on the thailandpass website:

Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)

On 11/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, Velleman said:

So, according to the thailandpass website i have to book a hotel package for a minimum of 1 night, must get picked up from the airport by the hotel and the PCR-test must be done on the hotel premises.

There are multiple SHA+ hotels listed on booking.com but none offers such a package. I want to clearly know what the PCR test and the pickup from the airport will cost. I don't want to be slapped with a bill of 10k+ for pickup and a PCR-test!
I found one hotel in BKK siam offering such a package but they are asking me to email a lot of sensitive documents like passport and both sides of creditcard! No way. What's wrong with these people?

There are two agents/travel websites offer all in one package( Teya Suchida on its thai thing channel on Youtube and Royal vacation at https://royalvacationdmc.com/phuket-1-day-quarantine-packages/  but they charge over $100, if you can buy separately a lot cheaper

On 11/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, Upnotover said:

Try Agoda.  Just tried a random date in November and got 33 choices for 1 night with test and pick up..  Be sure to select "quarantine package".

Did you find some packages for Phuket? I tried but still could not find. Where do I select " Quarantine package?

Hi,

Same issue over here, I am wondering if this is a legit SHA+ hotel:

Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel

Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel, Bangkok - Boek een aanbieding op Agoda.com

Yes it is expensive, but then again, the PCR test is alread 50eu per person, and it is including transfer and a meal...

I'm on the verge of booking this hotel since I need to submit the information for my Thailand Pass asap (and this is the last document I need to deliver (payment of booking @ a SHA+ hote incl. quaraintine package) ......

What are your thoughts?

57 minutes ago, SES12345 said:

Hi,

Same issue over here, I am wondering if this is a legit SHA+ hotel:

Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel

Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel, Bangkok - Boek een aanbieding op Agoda.com

Yes it is expensive, but then again, the PCR test is alread 50eu per person, and it is including transfer and a meal...

I'm on the verge of booking this hotel since I need to submit the information for my Thailand Pass asap (and this is the last document I need to deliver (payment of booking @ a SHA+ hote incl. quaraintine package) ......

What are your thoughts?

Looks legit for the price... 

Transport: 500 baht (estimated)

PCR Test: 2200 baht (estimated)

Room Charge: 2000 baht (estimated)

Lunch included: 200 baht (estimated)

Total: 4900 baht

No breakfast (Extra charge)

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 22.18.26.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 2:21 AM, Upnotover said:

It is only showing me one hotel in Pattaya and I know of at least 8.  None of them look like much of a deal by going through their site either.

The best list I have found so far is this one.  It shows 73 in Bangkok and 8 in Pattaya.

https://asq.in.th/pattaya-test-and-go-hotels

Edited by shdmn

My SHA+ hotel in Bangkok for one night test and go has asked for copies of a bunch of documents 72 hours prior to check in except the PCR test results which can be sent 24 hours before arrival.

AQ form (supplied by them)

Vaccine certificate

Passport

Flight itinerary

Visa (if using)

Health insurance 

COE or Thailand Pass

PCR test results prior to flying

Not sure why they need all of this but they claim it is due to Thai government regulations for SHA+. I will just make a large PDF for them with all of the docs, reduce the size and encrypt it and then email it. Later I'll just send the password out of band and hope they eventually lose it. It will also be locked from printing.

I received my COE yesterday. I booked a SHA hotel for 1 night test and release in Bangkok for 4900B. If you subtract to PCR test out of this and the transfer and meals i guess it wasnt too bad. It was quite easy to book. It took a bit of time to issue the proof of booking. I am assuming that the hotel needs to upload all your information to some government department. So its not a straight forward book online process. 

The hotel needed my passport details, The rip off covid insurance, Proof and dates of vaccination, Flight resrvation. All this appears on the booking confirmation that i received. 

7 hours ago, grin said:

Not sure why they need all of this but they claim it is due to Thai government regulations for SHA+.

It looks as though the authorities are trying to put much of the effort of verifying applications for Test and Go onto the hotels. That is actually quite smart. Once they have this running smoothly, they can simplify the Thailand Pass application.

Hi.

Haven't used the “test-and-go". Just a couple of questions.

To book a 1 day package including room, transportation, + PCR Test in Pattaya:

Should I book directly with the AQ hotel or use a travel booking site?

My flight arrives at Suvarnabhumi Airport around 11:00pm in the evening. Will book my room at midnight. Will I be charge for 1 or 2 nights?

A member on this thread mention supplying documents to the hotel 72 hours prior to check in.

When do you get your “PAID” booking confirm to upload on Thailand Pass, is it after Payment received or received payment + documents are sent?

Thanks.

TC.

Hi @Velleman

Yesterday I was in the same <deleted>-show situation as you were in, and by some of the replies you received on this forum, I felt as if I made a big mistake as well, as we alrady booked the tickets + got free from work for 2 weeks (as I said, same situation as you).

But, let me try to help as I fixed all the documentation yesterday, and today I filed for a Thailand pass, and within a few hours (instead of max 7 days), I received the pass + QR code!!! So free to go (fingers crossed)

What did I do:

1. I got an insurance for the minimum 50.000$ amount at: https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_2 (around 65eu p.p.) - after payment they send you an email with an attached document with the information.

2. I made a 1-day reservation at AQ hotel (165eu for 2 persons, Test & Go package) at : 

The Legacy Hotel (โรงแรมเดอะเล็คกาซี่) (โรงแรม เดอะ เล็คกาซี)
Telefoon: +66 87 707 5999
Adres: 9/37 หมู่ที่ 9, ถนน งามวงศ์วาน 23, ตำบล บางกระสอ, Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand

>> Highly reccommend tihs hotel, as they were super helpful and fast (and the cheapest available with such a quarantaine-package). I do have to mention that I called 1 hour after I send them the email for a paying link for CreditCard, and they responded very quickly, also with handing out the confirmation letter later on (needed for the Thailand Pass).

And the rest of the documentation you have yourself (vaccination certificate, passport and/or Visum).

NOTE FOR FILLING IN THE THAILAND PASS:

> The only files they accept for uploading documentation is "jpeg/png/jpg", which kind of sucks for some files that are PDF, but, I just made screenshots of the PDF's and saved them as PNG (it does that automatically from a screenshot actually).

So, hope this was helpfull, good luck!!!

Shani

Edited by SES12345
  • Like 1

Anyone know if this website is legit: https://www.asqbooking.com/ ?

When you go through the booking process, they send you an email giving the hotel bank account details to pay directly.  Which is better than paying a middleman (assuming bank details are legit). I also tried contacting the hotel directly, but no reply.

image.png.351b4bac3f3e520cd3633ad3633da0eb.png

10 hours ago, marcardar said:

Anyone know if this website is legit: https://www.asqbooking.com/ ?

When you go through the booking process, they send you an email giving the hotel bank account details to pay directly.  Which is better than paying a middleman (assuming bank details are legit). I also tried contacting the hotel directly, but no reply.

We suggest booking hotels that are a little more expensive if you are in a RUSH to complete your booking.

If you have time then you can pretty much pick anything, and you will eventually get a response.

The lower end group of entry hotels are being bombarded with inquiries, and are struggling to cope. 

• Like 1

As for my case going to Phuket,

I booked my hotel before the Thailand pass was up and running.

I paid the hotel + transfer directly to the hotel by bank transfer and I made an appointment through the psas website (for sandbox PCR testing) for my test upon arrival in Phuket airport. Test was 2400 THB.

In my Thailand pass registration I also attached the confirmation for the PCR test together with the hotel reservation (Booking.com).

As the hotel owner was a bit confused about the Thailand pass, I sent an email to the psas helpdesk to get confirmation I could get tested at the aiport, which is allowed according to them.

Got my approval already.

Got it twice even as I just received another email with another qr code, eventhough I only was able to register once after some issues with the API error.