When will the visa runners return?

Well as soon the borders regionally open to each other they would be back soon enough, as long they can afford insurance and the like. However I doubt they actually have to 'run for a visa' after all this (both less strict enforcement as well easier visa options in the region incoming).

Most people in general however told me they rather wait to see another 6 months what happens in the world before taking the risk of holidays far away. Mainly as they could end up in another lockdown, may that be here or in Vietnam etc whilst they barely have money on a monthly basis.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Have to add, most of those backpackers and visa runners would not even be able to afford the 100-150K hospital bills in cash, if the insurance didn't pay out right away or something would happen with a positive test result and asymptomatic. If they did, they most likely didn't run for their visa.

19 hours ago, itsari said:

The present covid extension 60 days 1900 baht could well become the norm . 

Just drop the word covid and all systems go .

I agree. When borders start to b e more 'open', they will probably limit how many times you can do the 60-day ext before you must leave. The old one-time 30-days extension is outdated in the current travel climate.

• Like 1