Thailand now reopens! Summary of Thailand Pass and guidelines upon arrival explained

snoop1130

LINE_P20211101_12322542_1-768x511.jpg

A pilot arrival flight carrying 34 passengers safely arrived at Suvannabhumi International Airport at the early hours of this morning, November 1st, to commence the country reopening.

The first flight officially traveled from Narita Internation Airport, Japan, and arrived in Thailand as of 12:25 AM. More than 60 flights are scheduled to land at international airports nationwide on the first day of reopening, according to authorities from the Emergency Operation Center (EOC).

Under the new traveling rules, travelers are now categorized into three groups. The first group is fully vaccinated tourists from 63 “low risk” listed countries (the updated list of the countries, as of October 30th, can be found HERE). They must stay in either a SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration Plus) hotel or an Alternative Quarantine hotel for one night until they get their Covid-19 RT-PCR test result. Mandatory quarantine is not required for the low-risk groups.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/01/thailand-now-reopens-summary-of-thailand-pass-and-guidelines-upon-arrival-explained/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe some people don’t feel the one night in a hotel after a long journey is such an arduous task as they would do that anyway. 

Is that the latest summary of how well it’s working  or one that was headlined  for a daily many hours ago?

I am happy that the quarantine time was reduced as it is a factor in my choice to return to Thailand. It is less arduous. And, it is a quarantine. So, you can't call it not a quarantine with intellectual integrity. You can't.

If that article is too old for you, for real time reports of the status of the Thailand Pass system, you can see people responding in real time here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1237582-thailand-pass-is-up-and-running/

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

How can they include both of these sentences in the same paragraph?

"Mandatory quarantine is not required for the low-risk groups." 

and...

"They must stay in either a SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration Plus) hotel or an Alternative Quarantine hotel for one night until they get their Covid-19 RT-PCR test result."

Confused.

Here's a summary of how well the ThailandPass is working:

https://bangkokherald.com/business/tech/thailand-pass-is-live-and-its-a-mess-as-expected/

Does anybody have a list of this SHA+ or quarantine hotel in Chiang Mai?

Or can we quarantine in our rental houses or condo instead of a hotel?

Edited by EricTh

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I am happy that the quarantine time was reduced as it is a factor in my choice to return to Thailand. It is less arduous. And, it is a quarantine. So, you can't call it not a quarantine with intellectual integrity. You can't.

If that article is too old for you, for real time reports of the status of the Thailand Pass system, you can see people responding in real time here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1237582-thailand-pass-is-up-and-running/

Yes obviously everyone that has been successful is posting on AN. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

Yes obviously everyone that has been successful is posting on AN. 

I don't care about the ratio of successful to unsuccessful when I see so many reports on AN and FB travel pages of people not being able to use the system. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Does anybody have a list of this SHA+ or quarantine hotel in Chiang Mai?

Or can we quarantine in our rental houses or condo instead of a hotel?

Is there any direct flights to Chiang Mai?

No, you can stay home.

Checked Agoda, plenty of hotels advertising they are SHA+

The Chiang Mai Hotel SHA+ is 861 baht per night.

20 minutes ago, mancub said:

Of course It's not arduous, in that context. It is ,however, discouraging to many people on learning that their first night will cost 4x as much as "normal".

Yeah you’re right.  I guess those who are discouraged from paying the extra £50 or so for the extra test/tax will stay put. 

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Confused

For months now I have been nothing but confused. Every other day a different story, a new regulation, a new exemption, an  exemption of the exemption, non-mandatory mandatory quarantine, dangerous zones on 31st Oct. which miraculously turn into safe zones on 1st Nov., etc., etc., etc., 

The confusion is enough to make me want to leave, not come here! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Is there any direct flights to Chiang Mai?

No, you can stay home.

Checked Agoda, plenty of hotels advertising they are SHA+

The Chiang Mai Hotel SHA+ is 861 baht per night.

861 baht isn't cheap when we can stay at our own place.

I don't think we are allowed to stay at our own place for the first night.

https://bangkokherald.com/commentary/test-go-no-quarantine-are-a-lie-thailands-reopening-to-fail-due-to/

Edited by EricTh

36 minutes ago, EricTh said:

861 baht isn't cheap when we can stay at our own place.

I don't think we are allowed to stay at our own place for the first night.

https://bangkokherald.com/commentary/test-go-no-quarantine-are-a-lie-thailands-reopening-to-fail-due-to/

Right. You first have to do one or two nights in the quarantine that is not a quarantine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

More than 500 baht per night? Truly shocking! 

I have an apartment in Bangkok. So, my first night would cost me no more than I am already paying. As it is, I will pay 6k baht more for my first night back in Bangkok. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AFAIK, the Chiang Mai airport is not open for international flights yet. The SHA+ hotels you see listed in Chiang Mai are for domestic travel only.

As for the glitch in the Thailand Pass site when attempting to upload docs, there is a workaround someone posted earlier. I haven't tried it but several people who did report success.

Try this workaround: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-pass-workaround-for