A reminder why Thailand is such a great place to live

PizzaBoi

19 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

If you think Feudalism is bad, try Neoliberalism.

I left England 40 years ago to escape That Bitch Thatcher and haven't regretted that move for a single moment.

I guess you're glad you didn't go to the Falklands...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Why would I want to own land? To pay insane taxes, maybe? And when the economy hits the skids and one can no longer pay the tax man, have it taken away from me? 

I have a classic, vintage Thai apartment in BKK. All teak and marble inside, walled-in, beautiful landscaping, pool, great office staff, walk to everything: ฿8000/month. Moved in in 2010. Owner's son is a good friend now.

But that is just for when I'm in BKK. Otherwise I lease a one-bedroom bungalow, a/c, fenced-in, two minutes to an isolated beach by scooter, with few neighbors (mostly rubber trees). All for ฿4000/month. Moved in in 2011 when it was brand new. Updating to my tastes now, and plan on being carried out feet first.

$250/month barely paid my Home Owner's fee, let alone my property tax......

And what has all that got to do with the Op bellyaching about the uk. ?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

There is a brand new condo/apartment building directly across the street from my apt, in Sukhumvit, on a quiet street.

7-800 sf, w/d in kitchen, big bath with tub and separate walk-in shower. Large bedroom. Very, very nice. Also has large rooftop pool and big gy,.

Starts at ฿15k/month for one bedroom.

Oh, it has covered parking, too.......

EDIT: Oh, yeah, did I mention it is furnished?

So far nada....

1 hour ago, PizzaBoi said:

And the notion you can't rent anything premium in Bangkok for less than £2,000/month is complete and utter BS.

And nada....

No customers, and you know this how ?  Or are people to intelligent to spend that much on a rental.

Proved you wrong, and that was with search parameters of 50-60k.

Surely you can find much cheaper if actually searching.

You can own a nice condo for less than 2 mill, or a really nice one forthe silly price you quote for renting.  Why would you lease an apartment at that silly price ?

And why an apartment.  Condos & single houses w/pools can be leased well below the price you quote.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yes. Exactly. Not cheap considering there aren't even any customers.

Is this cheap enough for you, at £330 / ฿15,000.

Give them a ring, sure you can move in tomorrow.

https://www.thailand-property.com/2-bedroom-condo-for-sale-or-rent-in-the-tree-bang-po-station-bang-sue-bangkok-near-mrt-bang-pho_7804469

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is this cheap enough for you, at £330 / ฿15,000.

Give them a ring, sure you can move in tomorrow.

https://www.thailand-property.com/2-bedroom-condo-for-sale-or-rent-in-the-tree-bang-po-station-bang-sue-bangkok-near-mrt-bang-pho_7804469

No closet space.

No real kitchen.

No bathtub.

I know Pruksa construction pretty well.

You guys seem to get triggered every time I call you out on facts.

Just state facts and we can have a discussion. Please don't tell me Thailand is cheaper than the west. One guy in the other thread mentioned 10 million for a house in Thailand is not bad. I can't get the same in my own country.

Sure you can. If you don't live in London. In Bangkok central district there are also no houses for 10 million baht.

Edited by Pravda

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Just state facts and we can have a discussion. Please don't tell me Thailand is cheaper than the west. One guy in the other thread mentioned 10 million for a house in Thailand is not bad. I can't get the same in my own country.

Can you find me a 3 bedroom detached house (good neighbourhood only, (not next door to a crack house) in the UK for 2Mbht?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

No closet space.

No real kitchen.

No bathtub.

I know Pruksa construction pretty well.

You guys seem to get triggered every time I call you out on facts.

Sure you can. If you don't live in London. In Bangkok central district there are also no houses for 10 million baht.

That's one opinion, have a nice day.