PCR testing in CM with results within 24 hours?

csaba81

RAM Hospital . 

Can get a PCR test done at 8 AM and the results back by 12 PM the same day .

Most other hospitals/clinics only get the results back 24 hours later and they all charge 3500 Baht .

I have asked in numerous places and RAM is the best option .

(P.S Could you mention my name when getting the test done, thanks ???? )

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

cmmedclinic.com +66 80 536 2362 I have used them twice this year for international travel.  Both times swab at 0900 and results emailed by 1530.

COVID-19 PCR TESTING COSTING 2800 THAI BAHT WITH SAMEDAY RESULTS AVAILABLE AT OUR CHIANG MAI CLINIC. SINCE MAY 2020 CM MEDICLINIC HAS BEEN PROVIDING CONVENIENT FAST TRACK GOVERNMENT ACCREDITED COVID-19 SCREENING WITH A DRIVE-UP, RIDE-UP OR WALK-UP, SWAB TESTING PROGRAM IN OUR CAR PARKING AREA OUTSIDE THE FRONT OF OUR MEDICAL CLINIC.

Thats OK if your happy waiting in the car park for them to come out to test you and you not being allowed to enter the hospital and also paying an extra 200 Baht for a paper certificate 

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

RAM Hospital . 

Can get a PCR test done at 8 AM and the results back by 12 PM the same day .

Most other hospitals/clinics only get the results back 24 hours later and they all charge 3500 Baht .

I have asked in numerous places and RAM is the best option .

(P.S Could you mention my name when getting the test done, thanks ???? )

Strange, I have tried searching google as well as browsing Chiang Mai Ram website and I can't find any info about their PCR testing.

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thats OK if your happy waiting in the car park for them to come out to test you and you not being allowed to enter the hospital and also paying an extra 200 Baht for a paper certificate 

Ah, I have never  waited in the car because one has to make an appointment.  I arrived by Grab, get out, the technician verifies my identity, she swabs and then I leave.  This takes about 5 minutes.  The clinic is also very  small and the PCR Test Lab result has been sufficient to board international flights.  No need to pay the 200 Baht.  .I intend to use this clinic on all my future international travel PCR testing needs.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, csaba81 said:

Strange, I have tried searching google as well as browsing Chiang Mai Ram website and I can't find any info about their PCR testing.

For Ram I had to actually go in and ask in person.  No information on PCR testing on the hospital website.  I was quoted 3500 Baht for the PCR test with the evening lab report if I come in before 1200.  After 1200 then the result would be next day.  I 

11 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

For Ram I had to actually go in and ask in person.  No information on PCR testing on the hospital website.  I was quoted 3500 Baht for the PCR test with the evening lab report if I come in before 1200.  After 1200 then the result would be next day.  I 

I seem to recall if if you went at midday , then the results would be available by 5 PM that  evening 

42 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I seem to recall if if you went at midday , then the results would be available by 5 PM that  evening 

That was not what I was told.   I was also told 3500 baht for the PCR test and that I would have to come back to the hospital to pick up the lab report.  I have been a frequent guest at Ram over the years and even have the Silver Level Chiang Mai Ram Frequent Flyer card which entitles me to a 10% discount(but not on the PCR test).  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you know if testing can be done when you walk in?

Obviously with no website there is no way to make an appointment unless they are taking appointments over the phone...

From the CM Ram FB Page about the number of Covid 19 Tests they will conduct on a daily basis.  So don't the 61st person:

*It does not sound like they take appointmenst?

Chiang Mai Ram Hospital has issued a
#Notice of COVID-19 testing.
----
From October 22nd, 2021, onwards
COVID-19 testing by the RT-PCR technique.
There will only be 60 individuals every day unless something changes.
Thank you for constantly putting your trust in our services.
ช่องทางการรับรู้ข่าวสารสุขภาพเพิ่มเติม
• Youtube Channel : โรงพยาบาลเชียงใหม่ ราม Chiangmai Ram Hospital
Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thanks 1

From chiangmai Ram mail (july 2021) :
We are appreciated your interest in our medical care and thank you for
your inquiry.
Kindly inform you that, Chiangmai Ram Hospital does provide Covid-19
package.
1.Package Covid-19 test RT-PCR and Antibody Rapid Test (IgG,IgM)
This package price is 4,000 THB
2.Package Covid-19 test RT-PCR
This package price is 3,500 THB

*The package include LAB, Doctor Fees, Medical Certificate and other
treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not correct, the paper certificate (that is, hardcopy with an official stamp on it) is included in the 2800B.

What costs 200B extra is the "fit to fly certificate", if you really need that. Airlines/countries usually want just the PCR test.

Personally I was happy with them, the fact that they test you outside is a plus in my opinion, and my waiting time was zero. Only caveat, they don't work on weekends.

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, sqwakvfr said:

On 11/5/2021 at 11:01 AM, beau thai said:

my wife had pcr 3 days ago at Sripat for 2200

2200 is definitely cheaper than 2800. I do not need a same day result, a 48 hours window is good enough.

Is it this place here?

https://sriphat.med.cmu.ac.th/en/home

Is there an update on the prices since this thread is a few months old.

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Unless you have an International Flight the next day.

It's better to do some planning before buying the air ticket. I wonder whether the prices have gone down by now. 

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's better to do some planning before buying the air ticket. I wonder whether the prices have gone down by now. 

Gone down?  No. Will go higher oil is now at $110. Planning?  Always but even now most international flight destination still maintain the 72, 48 or even a 24 hour PCR test to board flights.  The US requires a 24 hour before flight PCR test.

38 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The US requires a 24 hour before flight PCR test.

The US only requires an antigen test within 24 hours, not the PCR test (although a PCR test within that time limit would suffice); regardless, as has been mentioned, one should check for airline requirements, transit country requirements, and home country requirements as some of those may differ.

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

The US only requires an antigen test within 24 hours, not the PCR test (although a PCR test within that time limit would suffice); regardless, as has been mentioned, one should check for airline requirements, transit country requirements, and home country requirements as some of those may differ.

Try telling that to  airline check-in staff.  I was in line at BKK and I was flying Singapore Airlines.  At the time(it has now changed) Singapore required a PCR test within 48 hours of departure.  I was very glad I took a PCR test and not an Antigen test.  The guy in front of me had an Antigen test result and he was turned away and told to get a PCR test(how the heck does one do that in under 2 hours).  

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Gone down?  No. Will go higher oil is now at $110. Planning?  Always but even now most international flight destination still maintain the 72, 48 or even a 24 hour PCR test to board flights.  The US requires a 24 hour before flight PCR test.

If Thailand wants to attract more visitors, it should lower the PCR cost and extend the 24 hours before flight.

What if we tested positive, then what happens to our air ticket?

By right, we should only buy the air ticket when we get a negative test.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

If Thailand wants to attract more visitors, it should lower the PCR cost and extend the 24 hours before flight.

What if we tested positive, then what happens to our air ticket?

By right, we should only buy the air ticket when we get a negative test.

Some airlines will allow one to change the date without cost. In terms of PCR test costs, Thailand is reasonable (I have paid 2800 Baht for same day results).  In Los Angeles PCR tests with next day results can vary from $150 to $175.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Try telling that to  airline check-in staff.  I was in line at BKK and I was flying Singapore Airlines.  At the time(it has now changed) Singapore required a PCR test within 48 hours of departure.  I was very glad I took a PCR test and not an Antigen test.  The guy in front of me had an Antigen test result and he was turned away and told to get a PCR test(how the heck does one do that in under 2 hours).  

I transited through Singapore a few months ago and, yes, Singapore has its own transit requirements. And, as I said, you need to check the requirements of your airline, any countries you transit through, as well as the requirements of your home country.  But, regardless of what anybody says, the only US requirement currently (for quite a while now) is an antigen test within 24 hours of departure (meaning in US terms, within 24 hours of your first international flight on your trip back to the US).