Thailand Pass helps streamline international arrivals

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully the failure of this mess will make them think again about all this tripe and come up with something sensible.

Slightly facetious, Mr Coleman? ????

I believe it's expected to have all the obvious snafus resolved. Yet, it will be later than sooner.......in the very Thai convoluted and deluded bureaucratic fashion. I wouldn't expect any such decent amendments or modifications to be rectified before the year is out. January sounds about right. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Streamlined...lol, there are over 40k in the que to be processed and many have had the app crash on them as they have tried to register...just like any Thai app it is fraught with glitches.  Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

yeah, I helped put my GF's son threw computer science school in Thailand. Parents were buying the diplomas as fast as they could pump them out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The fact that applicants have been trying to adjust their own documents by editing to suit the pass requirements as well have trying to find a fix around passport number entry speaks volumes in my opinion.

Hopefully the failure of this mess will make them think again about all this tripe and come up with something sensible.

Allow me to doubt the outcome you are suggesting ( and it is not about you )

3 minutes ago, alyx said:

Well, as people are starting photoshopping  official document we are going to be in a deep mess. For one it illegal to tamper with these Covid Pass, secondly once they realise that not one country in Europe issues these certificates without any mention of passport number , will they slam the applicant with an interdiction to visit the Kingdom ?

Right. In the U.S. it is a federal crime to alter a vaccine document. 

My pre-flight PCR test probably won't have my passport number on it, either. But, I will provide the certificate of such along with me standing there holding my passport at the check-in. That should suffice. Same with the vaccine certificate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Right. In the U.S. it is a federal crime to alter a vaccine document. 

My pre-flight PCR test probably won't have my passport number on it, either. But, I will provide the certificate of such along with me standing there holding my passport at the check-in. That should suffice. Same with the vaccine certificate. 

And I thought that 9/11 was the worst that could happen to freedom. I was wrong, it was only the foundation

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

Allegedly the site was developed by a German company. How true that is I can't comment on: