How on earth does Solana crypto coin have a 70bn valuation?

It was recently reported that SOL has a $usd 70bn valuation. 

A month ago there was a bug and the solana blockchain crashed. 

How does a new unstable crypto asset (blockchain) have a 70bn value to it?? Thats a lot of money for something that fell over in a heap recently

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons why I mine only ETH with 4 GPUs and I cash out to my bank account every week.

Currently generating 120€ every week, and every single week I use coinbase and turn them ETH into BTC then BTC into EUR and cash it out immediately.

Because again you never know when all this digital currency stuff might crash and die out.

As we speak, this is 120€x4 per month, undeclared, tax free cash and I'll be cashing in until ETH dies and no alt coins are deemed profitable any longer but I'm very well aware this could all disappear anytime right underneath my very feet.

With that being said, what is already in my bank account is mine and what I mine and is mine... is mine(d).

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

This is one of the reasons why I mine only ETH with 4 GPUs and I cash out to my bank account every week.

Currently generating 120€ every week, and every single week I use coinbase and turn them ETH into BTC then BTC into EUR and cash it out immediately.

Because again you never know when all this digital currency stuff might crash and die out.

As we speak, this is 120€x4 per month, undeclared, tax free cash and I'll be cashing in until ETH dies and no alt coins are deemed profitable any longer but I'm very well aware this could all disappear anytime right underneath my very feet.

With that being said, what is already in my bank account is mine and what I mine and is mine... is mine(d).

Your be better keeping it in ETH, IMHO. 

How long have you been doing this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

Meanwhile you LOSE on incredible capital gains just to earn 120 euro?????

I don't LOSE on anything, I earn 120e/week doing nothing from the way I see it (I don't even pay the utility bill, my government does it for me) and again better have "some" money in my bank account that I can withdraw and spend on real things I can actually feel (think groceries) tax free rather than have some digital currency in a virtual wallet that might crash, die out and not being worth zlitch at any whim of some third party developers (no matter how talented they might be) at any given time.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Currently generating 120€ every week,

Lol

Is it even worth for such a pitiful amount?

If it's you hobby fair enough.

I probably make about triple that on average in stocks.

17 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Lol

Definitely a hobby, not a crypto expert at all, never claimed to be one either, but it sure generates extra passive income doing nothing and that's what matters; making money in my sleep knowing the next day's meal is already paid up.

49 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Fair enough, at least you admit it. Many here don't understand crypto, or even know how toy buy it, so just criticize it. 

The only problem I have with crypto is the "investing" aspect.

I really hope crypto revolutionizes the world through decentralisation. Certainly a noble cause.

But what makes it a good investment? I wouldn't buy gold or oil as an investment, so why Bitcoin or Ethereum?

I mean, I did get into crypto back in 2017 and cashed out most of it in 2018. It was alright. I did fine. Still have a few ETH.

Only thing is: the stock I was holding (before I got into crypto) has done over 1000% in the last 5 years with far far less risk, not to mention without the extreme volatility (boom n bust nature of crypto).

And I could easily name many other companies that have rewarded shareholders more than most crypto over the last 5 years. Hell, even the company I got i to after crypto has done almost 10x. And are talking big companies with huge revenue and profitability - not penny stocks.

(yeah, I know I am cherry picking the timeframe, but it's a pretty good timeframe to look at for an investment).

So, yeah, I like the idea of Blockchain, I just criticize it as an investment. I think it's ok for a bit of fun, a gamble, or a quick trade - but as a serious investment. Nah.

Edited by 2009
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Lol

If you are not lying which is of course impossible to prove you'd have to have invested several million dollars for these returns 

His investment was 5-6k for 4 video cards.

• Like 1