PM calls for country transformation after reopening

webfact

11 hours ago, nikmar said:

it means - "If you own a gogo / hostess bar in a red light district then you may want to think about a career change."

''unless your connected or wear a uniform in that case carry on as normal''

There you go more accurate now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does new normal mean no more  dual pricing make it difficult for a farang Joe Smoo  (  not a multi national company) to open up a legit business without getting shafted or maybe a government that lets it people speak and not send them to jail ???? 

8 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Does new normal mean no more  dual pricing make it difficult for a farang Joe Smoo  (  not a multi national company) to open up a legit business without getting shafted or maybe a government that lets it people speak and not send them to jail ???? 

Want, want, want. Goodness he made a PR announcement , not serious. 

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Clearly they just don't have enough consultants and idea people, as the need to announce newer and ever better buzzwords, plus delivering more meaningless prattle and pie-in-the-sky delusion is endless.

They also need to open a Thesaurus and find replacements for such tired words and phrases as 'quality' and 'new normal'.

Oh, and they don't seem to know they are two generations behind in their exhaustive use of "Amazing", apparently unaware that the term long ago was replaced first by 'Awesome' and then 'Epic'. Time Thailand got ahead of the curve. Let me suggest 'Stupefying' Thailand, as just a slight error or two in spelling could tell it like it really is coming from the current 'leadership' (sic).

"Smooth as silk" lasted a long time for THAI, but clearly a bit threadbare now.

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The only way this country can transform is to rid government from any military involvement. 

Or they could really apply the current dynamic: rid the country of any government, and have the military run it, a la "Thailand without electricity" model, next door.

• Haha 1

Wealthy travelers will regularly choose Thailand for their holidays only if the entire infrastructure is significantly improved. But even Thailand's current large gold and foreign exchange reserves will not allow such changes to be achieved in a short time. Too many roads and sidewalks need to be repaired, too many wires need to be buried underground. Too much has to be invested in sewage treatment plants to keep the water on some beaches (Pattaya) suitable for swimming. And too much money is needed to solve the problems of plastic waste, which is everywhere in Thailand. Too big (for the Thai mentation) changes should be in traffic, pricing, knowledge of foreign languages. Most importantly, laws must be respected and corruption free. But if the main corrupt officials are in power, this struggle is doomed to failure.
Even if the government changes and there is democracy in Thailand, such large-scale changes will not be made in 1 year. It can take decades and biillions of dollars. I do not welcome prostitution, but the fact remains: this is one of the few business that brings the country many millions of dollars annually. And the repeated sale of Thai pu..sy, as a result of which the pu..sy still remains with the owner, it will always be a very lucrative and desirable job for thousands of uneducated girls. Under any government and under any laws. Moreover, foreign buyers make up only a small fraction of the total, but they are the net supplier of foreign currency to the country.

• Like 1

This super toxic goofball has ruined the Thai economy, increased homelessness, suicides, unemployment, and dramatically increased the unhappiness of the nation and it's people. 

The Thai people call for the transformation of it's leadership!

Be gone Prayuth. You are despised. Nobody approves of your incredibly poor lack of leadership skills, and your approval rating likely is 1%, or less.

Stop your incessant and meaningless babble. All talk and no action makes Cha Cha a very dull boy.

Resign now and transform the nation!

If they get rid of the "hostess" bars, discos, gogo bars & nightclubs 60% of the hotels will remain closed.

The alcohol drunk by these places is taxed or excised 4 times, 7% VAT is lost along with tax for licences,"tea money for BIB, income tax returns of these businesses, not to mention millions of Baht that gets sent home by the girls to support a poor farmer family that the Govt does not help.

Tax income from hotels will be lost along with millions of workers incomes.

The discerning tourist will not come to dirty beaches, taxi rip offs, corrupt police, Immigration staff who smile once a year & a sex industry that will go underground that will become dangerous

& totally uncontrollable & the income lost to the country as a result

Sure the place will survive but they will be one time tourists (been there, done that,) not the people who in normal times used to come 2-4 times a year (stats they do not even bother keeping) & spend cash big time.

• Like 1

It is almost as though they believe that if they keep out the Cheap Charlies and mongers the quality tourists will rush in to fill the void (financial void).

However, why are these high-end tourists not in Thailand already? Maybe the government believes the sleazy stuff is keeping them away. So destroy a whole buch of businesses, deprive thousands of people of employment, and trash thousands of hotel rooms rather than adding value to Thailand as a destination. Well, they did want the opera guy to come for NYE. Maybe that is the kind of value that they want to add.

I think that most reasonable people would rather that Thai women wouldn't need to work the sex trade. I think the Thais would prefer not to as well. However, their personal priorities motivate them to work in the industry in order to send money to family. There will be a lot of merit lost if they must stopping sending the money back home. Another impact of this initiative.

21 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Uhhhh no, the french took no part in that, they simply got replaced by mass uncontrolled immigration from nothern africa, that's literally it. I could carry on this topic and tell you this isn't limited to the Pigalle area but it's a nationwide problem if not an European one (Saint-Denis, 93, Marseille, Molenbeek, Bruxelles, Malmö, Luton, Barking, Birmingham, Amsterdam, Anvers, Berlin, the list goes on) but that would be politically incorrect and would very likely get me banned from these forums, so I'll leave it at that and let you read between the lines.

Anyhow, 2022? #Z0ZZ.

I read you (between the lines). I didn't quite see it that way. but there is some truth in what you say. It did also contribute to changing the whole vibe

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, webfact said:

The TAT anticipates that tourism businesses will need to change their business models to better focus on quality

There they go again! Part of me wishes tourism never recovers so the asshats that come up with this junk end up on the streets. 

23 hours ago, khunpa said:

Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc… is where rich people go to enjoy their holiday around here. Much better shopping options, much safer and a much more “high-end” infrastructure.

If I were rich, I wouldn't go to any of those places.

I'd be cruising in my Yacht off the Maldives/Bahamas sipping cocktails and surrounded by women in bikinis.

Edited by BritManToo

On 11/4/2021 at 2:37 AM, webfact said:

At the latest meeting of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, the Prime Minister ordered government agencies to find new ways to thrive, starting with areas to which changes could immediately be applied, while at the same time pushing for positive changes to infrastructure development to attain sustainable growth.

555..... sounds like another mimicking clown like the BS BBB slogan from "Let’s go Brandon" the cognitive impaired dead man walking in the WH.

Thailand is what is and that's what attracts tourists of varying degrees of needs to holiday here.

Try changing the model that has been so successful in the past (excluding Farang dual pricing and rip offs) and you have domed the country to tourism failure.