Blue book - Mflow - Passport numbers

turgid

Anyone changed a passport number in a bluebook? Process ? Fees?

I was invited to apply for MFlow yesterday. It failed  because my passport number doesnt match the vehicle registration and hasn't for four years. It's never been picked up on annual tax , insurance renewal or border crossings.

For the application I have to take a selfie with my passport. I probably could photo the new passport and enter the old passport number but I can see some entrepreneurial policeman or border official using this fact to tax me in the future.

55 Baht

10 mins in the queue

Passport + copy + copy of visa

Blue book

Sign a form in Thai.

Took about 90 mins processing time  at Samut Prakan but he was kind enough to tell me to clear off for an hour and come back later so I didnt have to sit around. 

Hand written in the Blue Book with a Stamp and signature.

I assume the computer record has been updated.

• Like 2

Assuming that your blue book is the Motor Vehicle Registration, you do not need to worry. The passport number is irrelevant as it cannot last longer than ten years upon which you will get a new passport with a new number. 
File a set of copies of your present passport, each page duly signed with a blue (no kidding, black, red, green is refused) ball pen and you will be doing just fine! 

On 11/4/2021 at 12:30 AM, turgid said:

For the application I have to take a selfie with my passport. I probably could photo the new passport and enter the old passport number but I can see some entrepreneurial policeman or border official using this fact to tax me in the future.

If you have an extension of stay that is transferred from your old passport to your new passport, then the transfer-stamp will have a line with your old passport number in your new passport...:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

If you have an extension of stay that is transferred from your old passport to your new passport, then the transfer-stamp will have a line with your old passport number in your new passport...:thumbsup:

What happens when you get a third passport? Does the transfer stamp refer back to the passport where the visa resides (two passports back)? What is Mflow - some Bangkok thing?

Edited by placnx

2 minutes ago, placnx said:

What happens when you get a third passport? Does the transfer stamp refer back to the passport where the visa resides (two passports back)?

I will tell you by experience about five years from now...????

On 11/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, placnx said:

What is Mflow - some Bangkok thing?

New toll collection method, removes the swing barriers used on M-Pass.

Overhead vid cams with number plate recognition and bill the toll to the account registered to that numberplate.

• Thanks 1

Will wait for the first wave of 'live test' M Flow users to feel it out for awhile.    Feel a bit uneasy about direct billing from this particular branch of public services.   The Easy/M Pass swing barrier is only a minor nuisance.   

41 minutes ago, Heng said:

Will wait for the first wave of 'live test' M Flow users to feel it out for awhile.    Feel a bit uneasy about direct billing from this particular branch of public services.   The Easy/M Pass swing barrier is only a minor nuisance.   

Yeah if it is direct bill I will give it a miss.

Current M-Pass work fine 95% of the time and it is easy to top up online.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that once I updated the passport number in the Bluebook (and computer) for 55 Baht  the Mflow application worked fine. They had some initial problems with accepting a Kweb card for payment but that got fixed.

Still waiting to see a gate with Mflow active.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:35 AM, Sydebolle said:

Assuming that your blue book is the Motor Vehicle Registration, you do not need to worry. The passport number is irrelevant

You need to enter current passport number on the Mflow application. If it doesn't match the registration passport the application fails . You can of course enter the old passport number but that wont match the photo,so scan the old passport. But for 55 Baht.........

My guess is this is going the way of ANPR in the UK - the cameras wont just be checking tolls. 

https://www.npcc.police.uk/FreedomofInformation/ANPR.aspx

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, Rotweiler said:

Get a Yellow Book with it's accompanying Pink ID Card and never have to worry about it again. (goes for your driver's license and a host of other things as well...).

Years ago I switched from Passport number to my Thai ID number from my Yellow House Book. Never worry again.

• Like 1