No change to alcohol ban at restaurants, bar closures for now in Pattaya-Chonburi Provincial Police hold meeting with Pattaya business owners

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Brilliant! I've alluded to this term in so many ways, for so many months, with so many words...and here it is summed up in ONE. My new favorite word! :clap2:

So what would be your favourite word for the way the Conservatives have handled covid in the UK. with far worse results than Thailand

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Mike k said:

What would happen if these provincial goveners did like some of the states and told the pm to shove it and allowed bars, clubs and restaurants in their provinces to serve alcohol 

I think you'll find the same names crop up at a Ministerial level as they do at a Provincial level, unlikely they are going to rock the boat and bite the hand that feeds. They are in the game of controlling big budgets handed down from above, it's how the patronage system operates and ensures the status quo is maintained. In the case of Pattaya, I'm sure centrally and locally their positions were appointed not elected, their relative silence in not unexpected.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My misses claims the general is a Muslim ......... which would explain his anti-alcohol and anti-bikini views. He wouldn't be the first PM to hide his religious beliefs (Tony Blair).

Oh no! If he bans pork pies and  bacon butties I'm out of here.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Oh no! If he bans pork pies and  bacon butties I'm out of here.

There's a thought, we might be only one roast pork sunday lunch away from Leaver pulling the plug and heading to Vietnam !!  Every cloud has a silver lining :))

Edited by kinyara
Addtion
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Common sense most likely, most of the restaurants I have been to like their repeat customers to come back and spend more money as opposed to getting grassed up.

And if the restaurant planned on closing soon, so repeat customers is no longer a consideration?  Why not make a quick baht before closing down?  

20k baht makes for an expensive beer over a lunch. 

Covid aside, why paint a target on yourself for the BiB?    

• Like 1

I made hotel booking months ago for Nov and Dec, more in hope than expectation, obviously there was some really good deals around. Just cancelled them. There is too much confusion and too many hoops to jump through. Waste of time and effort. Might as well wait and save the money for another time. Why waste your cash for a holiday that may well end up ruined for no fault of your own.

While I was cncelling the booking I has a quick look at prices and one of the hotels on Koh Chang has already started hiking it's prices. I mean really, tourism hasn't even got started yet and they are hiking their prices. Lots more hotel booking cencellations on the way.

• Like 2

Oh, <deleted>. We all know why bars get busted during these times.

bar owner 

does  not give policeman brown envelope with 15000 Thai baht in it.

policeman’s boss asks where his monthly wage supplement is.

policeman says bar did not give this month “fee”.

police boss with 25 million subordinates and 30 million Thai press go and close said bar down. 
mans tgai media, including this site toe the line and report what the police want.

time fir media including this site to grow a set

Edited by Marley01
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Chonburi Provincial Police held a meeting this afternoon, November 4th, 2021, with Pattaya business owners in the hotel, restaurant, bar, service, and entertainment industry to address concerns about a continued ban on alcohol sales at restaurants and the closure of bars and entertainment venues.

They don't need tourists. Their choice !

They want the tourist,you got to do the test before u fly and on arrival and wait a day.high season coming they come for the sea and sand and thats means bars open serving punters.No one will come if bars are closed and no alcohol is served.Maybe the penny will drop soon

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:13 AM, Skeptic7 said:

And no reason given, other than it comes from CCSA. "It not us...it them". 

With few tourists the police make more money from fining those who break the ban rather than lifting the ban - simple mathematics ... :coffee1:

On 11/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, Mike k said:

If this "government" was actually worried about covid they would have gotten off their a**at the beginning procured effective vaccines instead of the Chinese <deleted>. It is no more dangerous drinking alcohol in a restaurant then drinking any non alcoholic drink 

Apologies, I obviously didn't relay the sarcasm enough in my post!

On 11/5/2021 at 5:00 PM, Barefootknobby said:

About time people started to wake up, they want ALL businesses to collapse before they move in and take over the lot

I said the same last year and it earned me a weeks holiday ????

• Haha 2

Haven't read the thread, but what has this got to do with the police (apart from their income from tea money being severely restricted)?

I can see Pattaya being the last place in Thailand getting permission for alcohol sales.......the government don't want the place to exist.......it is putting off all the Indian millionaires from coming here.