Over 10,000 schools in Thailand resume classes with 20,000 more to reopen in 2 weeks

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY9KWOHdo9m23GDczOV3Eo6DL75DvmoJx4dqI1.jpg

More than 10,000 day and boarding schools have resumed on-site classes, with the over 20,000 schools remaining expected to follow suit for on-site, online or on-air learning within the next two weeks, said Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Education Kalaya Sophonpanich today.

Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the Department of Health, said that over 35,000 schools nation-wide have passed the “Thai Stop COVID Plus” assessments by the Ministry of Public Health for safe reopening for on-site learning.

He said, however, that final approval will have to be given by the communicable disease committee of each province before the schools will be allowed to resume on-site classes. The remaining schools, about 20,000 of them, which have joined the assessment programme are in the process of improving their facilities to meet safety standards.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-10000-schools-in-thailand-resume-classes-with-20000-more-to-reopen-in-2-weeks/

Logo-top-.png

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the Department of Health, said that over 35,000 schools nation-wide have passed the “Thai Stop COVID Plus” assessments by the Ministry of Public Health for safe reopening for on-site learning.

Always the catchy name.... 

• Haha 2

Just heard from my wife that after 5 days of onsite teaching 500 out of 1000 school kids in Roi et have contracted covid. They are being quarantined in the school. So much for opening up!

21 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's a nonsense. They can't keep closing schools because kids get Covid! Covid is here to stay - what about education?

What education if this is there answer close everytime there won't be any education as schools will be closed more often than not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOS1 said:

Just heard from my wife that after 5 days of onsite teaching 500 out of 1000 school kids in Roi et have contracted covid. They are being quarantined in the school. So much for opening up!

500 seems like an extremely high number, are u sure it wasn't 50?

I have been told that one for the schools I work at, which was opening for Matthayom only on the 16th.......is now no longer opening. <deleted>. Most if not all kids have had the vaccines...the teachers too. When does this end? How many freaking 'boosters' do we need? Is our world going to keep closed until its totally gone? When do we just accept it? The last I looked the official infection mortality rate for kids and people of my age is low...I mean REALLY low. 

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

And my Missus has just this minute told me that a School in Mukdahan opened up 3 Days ago, and has to close again due to 80 confirmed Infections.

Who knows, one story I read said the 80 were false positive Rapid tests, the next story said 40 were positive, that was in Thaiger

Here in the local village near Chantaburi, its an on/off process. It was going to open last Monday, they had part vaccinated the older kids. Then the head teacher supposedly got Covid so that put the kibosh on it. Now its supposed to be opening again soon. The wife reckons the locals have banded together and refusing to send kids, I wouldn't know about that either. The online learning is a farce, it doesn't happen. The teachers live on site, some of them, and from what I know of them would be quite happy drawing their salaries doing nothing. Until the school reopens there is no semblance of normality. I feel sorry for the kids, most of them have nothing to do, at Grandma's place, parents working, no money. Of course some of them will get Covid and bring it home, its inevitable, but leaving things as they are indefinitely is just making the whole miserable situation worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's a nonsense. They can't keep closing schools because kids get Covid! Covid is here to stay - what about education?

What about the families they take it back to. If Thailand was 80% double jabbed then the situation would be more manageable. It isn't. It's not even 50% double jabbed and I will say again many of those double jabbed need a 3rd jab because their 1st two were Sinovac. What comes 1st is the question. Children's education or people's lives? More than half of the population is not properly vaccinated. People are rightfully concerned about possible transmissions from schools to families.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

What about the families they take it back to. If Thailand was 80% double jabbed then the situation would be more manageable. It isn't. It's not even 50% double jabbed and I will say again many of those double jabbed need a 3rd jab because their 1st two were Sinovac. What comes 1st is the question. Children's education or people's lives? More than half of the population is not properly vaccinated. People are rightfully concerned about possible transmissions from schools to families.

Tell that to the Israelis.... So we need to all wait for booster number 3 to reopen society? How long is that going to take? 

3 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Tell that to the Israelis.... So we need to all wait for booster number 3 to reopen society? How long is that going to take? 

I did not say that. I said those that had 2 jabs of sinovac need an mRNA booster. As for Israel they started vaccinations early and many are now 6 months since their 2nd jab and require a booster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

500 seems like an extremely high number, are u sure it wasn't 50?

That's what I thought also, but according to this Facebook???? news site that's the case. 50 sounds better, but ...... 

Edited by LOS1
puncuation

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And my Missus has just this minute told me that a School in Mukdahan opened up 3 Days ago, and has to close again due to 80 confirmed Infections.

This TPN article suggests that all the ATK tests (40-70 in number) were false. That's if this is the same Mukdahan school. If so, doesn't say much for the reliability of the ATK tests...............

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/05/three-educational-institutions-in-thailand-temporarily-closed-after-suspected-covid-19-cluster-and-infections-found-shortly-after-reopening/